PDA

View Full Version : Kyle field renovation

Saggy Aggie
05-01-2013, 05:43 PM
Board of regents approved the 450 million dollar renovation today.

Scheduled to be done in time for the 2015 season.

Supposed to add roughly 20K seats.

Key features include adding south seating, enclosing the corners, lowering the field and adding canopies so that it will enhance the sound effect I guess.

Anyways, looks pretty cool. I'm excited

NastySlot
05-01-2013, 09:19 PM
pretty nice.....hope I can continue to keep my $eat$.

http://kylefield.com/

Old Tiger
05-01-2013, 09:53 PM
How is this being paid for? Doesn't their athletic dept still owe the general ed fund?

Saggy Aggie
05-01-2013, 10:21 PM
Donations and taxes from local hotels over a 30 year period if I heard correctly

NastySlot
05-01-2013, 10:40 PM
The total cost of Kyle Field Redevelopment is $450 million. 51 percent will be funded by annual seat licenses, 27 percent will be funded by Kyle Field Campaign gifts, 17 percent will be funded by Texas A&M students and 5 percent will be funded by the local government agencies.

or so I read.

guess my tix will go up again with the PSL's

Weebe
05-01-2013, 10:50 PM
How is this being paid for? Doesn't their athletic dept still owe the general ed fund?

Not sure if that has been paid off or not. But it's not a big deal. I think $18 million.

Most athletic departments carry long term debt. I think Texas AD had over $200 million in outstanding debt as of 2012.

Scoop27
05-02-2013, 04:37 PM
I'm sure Darrell K Royal Memorial Stadium will eventually upgrade to over 105,000

Eagle11
05-02-2013, 04:51 PM
its not about the debt. its that they had to take money from the general fund to stay afloat. the athletic department was going bankrupt. I hear that they are going to have a party at Kyle Field to celebrate the 2012 national championship. Oh wait they didnt win it. yes they had a great year but its wasnt a national championship. I cant remember but i dont think they even played in it.

Old Tiger
05-02-2013, 05:06 PM
I'm sure Darrell K Royal Memorial Stadium will eventually upgrade to over 105,000

There have been plans since they expanded the north end zone to expand the south end zone that would elevate the attendance to the 115,000 range

Saggy Aggie
05-02-2013, 06:01 PM
:spitlol:Good thing this thread isn't about DKR....

And good ole Aggie haters... Knew it wouldn't take long for one of em to show up.

Who do you support eagle? I know there's an eagle guy that roams around here sometimes and he's a tech fan/alumni I believe

Emerson1
05-02-2013, 06:21 PM
:spitlol:Good thing this thread isn't about DKR....

And good ole Aggie haters... Knew it wouldn't take long for one of em to show up.

Who do you support eagle? I know there's an eagle guy that roams around here sometimes and he's a tech fan/alumni I believe
I fully support that shot bar on Northgate.

ogg
05-02-2013, 08:22 PM
its not about the debt. its that they had to take money from the general fund to stay afloat. the athletic department was going bankrupt. I hear that they are going to have a party at Kyle Field to celebrate the 2012 national championship. Oh wait they didnt win it. yes they had a great year but its wasnt a national championship. I cant remember but i dont think they even played in it.

They'll win the national title this year, I'll be surprised if they don't.

Old Tiger
05-02-2013, 08:58 PM
They'll win the national title this year, I'll be surprised if they don't.

They won't have the defense to win it all. I'd go Ohio state Louisville mnc

Sent from Heaven using Tapatalk

OldBison75
05-02-2013, 09:20 PM
Here is a thought to consider in the renovation----this will include 31,000 seats deemed student seating. In other words, 50% of the additional seating will be designated as student seating. Couple that with the recent ranking of Kyle Field as the #2 sports venue in the nation and it makes sense to expand.

If you are a true sports fan, you have to admit this project will make Kyle Field an even more intimidating home field advantage than it is now. The south end zone lets alot of noise out now, but it is still pretty darned loud there. Close it in and it will get deafening. The real scary part is the enclosure on the south end will be designed to allow further expansion to add about 25,000 more seats in the future. The design includes new scoreboards and three video boards.

The cities of Bryan and College Station have agreed to providing approximately 40 million dollars from the hotel/motel tax funds over the 30 year payoff term. That is a drop in the bucket when the current income from those taxes for Aggie related events runs around 5 million per year, not counting the sales taxes that are generated during those times.

Weebe
05-02-2013, 09:35 PM
its not about the debt. its that they had to take money from the general fund to stay afloat. the athletic department was going bankrupt.

Lol

Where did you go to college?

Saggy Aggie
05-02-2013, 10:15 PM
They won't have the defense to win it all. I'd go Ohio state Louisville mnc

Lol Manziel >>>> bridgewater & prior.

A&M defense >>> Louisville D.

Ohio st has the best 3 of the 3, but OSU offense can't compete against a&m's...

Old Tiger
05-02-2013, 10:52 PM
Lol Manziel >>>> bridgewater & prior.

A&M defense >>> Louisville D.

Ohio st has the best 3 of the 3, but OSU offense can't compete against a&m's...

Braxton Miller is pretty dang good and they were undefeated last year and would of played for the title against ND over Alabama had it not been for sanctions.

Louisville crushed a Florida team that beat A&M last season.

Louisville defense only lost 2 players off of a unit that ranked 23rd in the nation in total defense. While A&M lost 6 defensive starters on the 53 ranked defense.

NastySlot
05-03-2013, 08:15 AM
Braxton Miller is pretty dang good and they were undefeated last year with a weak schedule and in the weakest conference in college football and would of played for the title against Alabama and been destroyed.

Louisville crushed a Florida team that struggled to beat A&M (started some red shirt freshman) in the first game of season.

Louisville defense only lost 2 players off of a unit that ranked 23rd in the nation in total defense and lost to Syracuse and UCONN. While A&M lost 6 defensive starters on the 53 ranked defense that played in a conference that according to everyone was going to make the Aggies irrelavent in the landscape of college football.

fify.

I do like you predictions however.

msu97
05-03-2013, 02:26 PM
I have yet to talk to my many family members that attended ATM, but I have heard that they are thinking about selling naming rights to the stadium... please someone tell me this is not true... would hate for it not to be Kyle Field...college football is being ruined by money...

on the other hand... hard to see the Aggies playing in the national championship... I think Alabama will beat them this year... early in the season and Nick Saban... I just think Saban is that good of a defensive football coach...
Louisville is a good choice, Ohio State is a good choice, Alabama is a good choice

Old Tiger
05-03-2013, 02:34 PM
fify.

I do like you predictions however.

I think Bridgewater was injured those two games then came back in the last game of season and played injured to ensure their big east championship

NastySlot
05-03-2013, 03:43 PM
I have yet to talk to my many family members that attended ATM, but I have heard that they are thinking about selling naming rights to the stadium... please someone tell me this is not true... would hate for it not to be Kyle Field...college football is being ruined by money...

on the other hand... hard to see the Aggies playing in the national championship... I think Alabama will beat them this year... early in the season and Nick Saban... I just think Saban is that good of a defensive football coach...
Louisville is a good choice, Ohio State is a good choice, Alabama is a good choice
Louisville is a good pick if I remember right they
have a very favorable schedule

Saggy Aggie
05-03-2013, 04:19 PM
Braxton Miller is pretty dang good and they were undefeated last year and would of played for the title against ND over Alabama had it not been for sanctions.

Louisville crushed a Florida team that beat A&M last season.

Louisville defense only lost 2 players off of a unit that ranked 23rd in the nation in total defense. While A&M lost 6 defensive starters on the 53 ranked defense.

Haha not sure why I said prior. Brain dead with finals apparently.

Your stats look good on paper but Louisville played a weak schedule and A&M had a top 5 schedule. That would explain your discrepancy in defensive stats.

Also, I think everyone would agree that A&M would've killed Florida as well in a late season rematch. Florida was nowhere near where they were earlier in the year.

I do think Louisville will be good but they won't be any better than A&M for sure

Eagle11
05-04-2013, 06:53 AM
UTA university of a thousand asians.
Where did you go to college?[/QUOTE]

Cam
05-05-2013, 12:00 AM
I heard part of the renovations included adding those blue porta potties in the stands at ten yard intervals and all the way up to the upper decks!.....Is this true?.....:vrycnfsd: