PDA

View Full Version : Torii Hunter Jr files suit against rape accuser

Old Tiger
05-01-2013, 04:02 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/torii-hunters-son-files-suit-against-accusers-005027889.html

Matthew328
05-01-2013, 07:40 AM
cant say that I blame him

gatordaze
05-01-2013, 02:18 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/torii-hunters-son-files-suit-against-accusers-005027889.html

Torii Jr. has nothing to do with any of it. It was his half brother Darius that was accused. Darius does not live with Torii or his family.

ronwx5x
05-01-2013, 02:54 PM
Typical OT post. Open mouth, engage brain, stick foot in mouth. The brain part may have some leaks.

BEAST
05-01-2013, 04:15 PM
LOL. The article even said Torii Jr has signed to play for Notre Dame.

BEAST

regaleagle
05-02-2013, 03:06 AM
Regardless of which one it was, this scenario illustrates what can happen to any person accused(falsely or not) of a crime like rape in America today. Basically, we are now living in a quasi-police state where the rights of the individual are almost always set below the right of the prosecution to flex their muscle unduly. I reckon a few heads are gonna roll in that Prosper Police Dept. before this is all over with. I can see the Hunters winning this one against the city, no doubt. And rightly so, IMO.

ronwx5x
05-02-2013, 06:22 AM
Regardless of which one it was, this scenario illustrates what can happen to any person accused(falsely or not) of a crime like rape in America today. Basically, we are now living in a quasi-police state where the rights of the individual are almost always set below the right of the prosecution to flex their muscle unduly. I reckon a few heads are gonna roll in that Prosper Police Dept. before this is all over with. I can see the Hunters winning this one against the city, no doubt. And rightly so, IMO.

Admittedly I know only what I read in this one article but why do you believe the Prosper police did anything other than act on the girl's allegations? If she had made the allegations and he weren't arrested, what criticism would the police get? The media would tear them a new one for pandering to people with money.

If anyone overreacted it might be the school district and what other choice did they have? To do nothing would have invited the same media scrutiny.

BEAST
05-02-2013, 09:16 AM
Admittedly I know only what I read in this one article but why do you believe the Prosper police did anything other than act on the girl's allegations? If she had made the allegations and he weren't arrested, what criticism would the police get? The media would tear them a new one for pandering to people with money.

If anyone overreacted it might be the school district and what other choice did they have? To do nothing would have invited the same media scrutiny.

I understand what you are saying. However, it is supposed to be Innocent until Proven guilty. Thats the American way. Now, it seems as though its Guilty until Proven Innocent

BEAST

Ernest T Bass
05-02-2013, 01:42 PM
I understand what you are saying. However, it is supposed to be Innocent until Proven guilty. Thats the American way. Now, it seems as though its Guilty until Proven Innocent

BEAST

That's why we have trials. No one in law enforcement did anything wrong in this case. Allegations were made, affidavids were signed under oath. The police then make an arrest and the prosecution begins to build their case. If they feel there is enough to evidence to convict, they go to trial. If not, they don't. The only problem with all of this is with the public, not law enforcement.

Twirling Time
05-02-2013, 04:54 PM

The Town of Prosper and Prosper ISD have money. The girl's family probably doesn't.