PDA

View Full Version : La Grange - Sweeny - Baseball warmup game

hookandladder
04-30-2013, 01:02 PM
Will play tonight at Sealy -7pm game time.

Clutch643
04-30-2013, 01:15 PM
Will play tonight at Sealy -7pm game time.

Sealy Field looks to be happening....
Columbus and Bellville seeding game at 3:30 today (which has been rescheduled twice.
Huffman and Lagrange were scheduled last night to play (rained out), and now Sweeny and Lagrange tonight at 7.
Is it a nice field? Have seen a few pictures of it, but pictures can be a little misleading.

hookandladder
04-30-2013, 01:33 PM
Sealy Field looks to be happening....
Columbus and Bellville seeding game at 3:30 today (which has been rescheduled twice.
Huffman and Lagrange were scheduled last night to play (rained out), and now Sweeny and Lagrange tonight at 7.
Is it a nice field? Have seen a few pictures of it, but pictures can be a little misleading.

The playing surface is not bad however the bleachers and wire fence is not fan friendly, might have to leave a little early to catch the end of the first game.

SHSBulldog00
04-30-2013, 01:36 PM
Nice field, be ready to look into the sun. Will the La Grange/Sweeny game be broadcast?

hookandladder
04-30-2013, 01:52 PM
Nice field, be ready to look into the sun. Will the La Grange/Sweeny game be broadcast?

Not by LG, sun should be down by 7pm.

YTBulldogs
04-30-2013, 01:53 PM
LG and the monsters of 3A, Sweeny. Should be a good measuring stick for the Lep's. Hope that crafty lefty throws for Sweeny? If so, tell me he's "Glavine-like" H&L. Kid can locate a pitch without over powering stuff. And then, there's their catcher. In a league of his own.

How many homers does he have this year SHS?

SHSBulldog00
04-30-2013, 01:57 PM
LG and the monsters of 3A, Sweeny. Should be a good measuring stick for the Lep's. Hope that crafty lefty throws for Sweeny? If so, tell me he's "Glavine-like" H&L. Kid can locate a pitch without over powering stuff. And then, there's their catcher. In a league of his own.

How many homers does he have this year SHS?

Our lefty hasn't thrown since we played St. Thomas. He might have vs. Refugio but I'm not sure.

Our catcher has I believe 10 HR's on the year.

hookandladder
04-30-2013, 02:13 PM
Our lefty hasn't thrown since we played St. Thomas. He might have vs. Refugio but I'm not sure.

We had a couple good playoff games against Sweeny at Sealy during my son's freshman year, I am sure both teams will throw a number of pitchers.

SHSBulldog00
04-30-2013, 02:30 PM
I'll be leaving for Sealy about 3:00

SHSBulldog00
04-30-2013, 06:12 PM
Can't wait for it to get started. Is Supak starting for LG?

YTBulldogs
04-30-2013, 09:24 PM

Refugio beat ya'll?

hookandladder
04-30-2013, 09:58 PM
Sweeny 2 La Grange 1

Sweeny scored 2 runs in the 6th and La Grange scored in the 7th, both teams had their chances however good pitching from both sides worked their way out of jams. Sweeny threw two righties both averaged 79-83 , La Grange starting pitcher was same speed wise. Overall well played game by both teams, Sweeny catcher hit a bomb in the 6th and is the real deal. Good luck to Sweeny.

SHSBulldog00
04-30-2013, 10:41 PM
Refugio beat ya'll?

3-2 We didn't play that well vs. Refugio.

YTBulldogs
05-01-2013, 08:04 AM
3-2 We didn't play that well vs. Refugio.

:eek:

Give's us all hope I guess. Ya'll are human afterall. LG played ya'll well too I see.

Yes, that catcher is by far the best catcher in HS. Hell, maybe best player at any position? Scary good.