PDA

View Full Version : Jason Collins

StangEm
04-30-2013, 08:40 AM
Anybody want to share their thoughts and insights?

jason
04-30-2013, 08:49 AM
who cares

DKfromDUB
04-30-2013, 09:37 AM
Just someone else looking for the attention/endorsement deals.

Phil C
04-30-2013, 09:41 AM
who cares

I agree. That's his business and life. Much ado about nothing.

cougartino
04-30-2013, 11:02 AM
I agree. That's his business and life. Much ado about nothing.

Follow that cab.

msu97
04-30-2013, 12:33 PM
Who?

MJMbrahmas10
04-30-2013, 01:57 PM
Chris bosh told Jason Collins "prove it"

Rabid Cougar
04-30-2013, 02:37 PM
Said he didn't want to be a distraction for his team mates. Good luck with that from now on that is if he ever has anymore teammates. Currently 34 years old journyman free agent and not a big time scorer or rebounder. "Not that there is anything wrong with that."

refereedoc
04-30-2013, 03:08 PM
"Not that there is anything wrong with that."

Good one!

cougartino
04-30-2013, 04:19 PM
Come out of the closet: You’ll receive adulations
Publically say you’re a Christian: You’ll be castigated

smh

Tejastrue
04-30-2013, 05:56 PM
Pleeeeease get this character off every frickin news and sports broadcast out there. Tim Tebow being gay..now that would be newsworthy...:wave:

Old Tiger
05-01-2013, 12:12 AM
Pleeeeease get this character off every frickin news and sports broadcast out there. Tim Tebow being gay..now that would be newsworthy...:wave:

The latter is probably true.

Ignorant bible busters are annoying though.

Saggy Aggie
05-01-2013, 12:39 AM
The latter is probably true.

Ignorant bible busters are annoying though.

Why are they ignorant?

1971Coogs
05-01-2013, 06:57 AM

smhBingo !

Ernest T Bass
05-01-2013, 02:42 PM
. Tim Tebow being gay..now that would be newsworthy...:wave:

I believe Tejas just came out AND admitted to having a crush on Tebow.

cougartino
05-01-2013, 02:45 PM
Leroy Butler is being told he can't speak at a Wisconsin church now because he tweeted in support of Collins. Uh, what happened to the church setting it's own rules based on biblical principles? Have we know gotten to the point in the country where pop culture and the flavor of the day dictates what the church can or can not preach/teach? I thought the Bible was the authority in the church, not tickling itching ears. Okay I'm stepping away from the computer.

Old Tiger
05-01-2013, 09:55 PM
Leroy Butler is being told he can't speak at a Wisconsin church now because he tweeted in support of Collins. Uh, what happened to the church setting it's own rules based on biblical principles? Have we know gotten to the point in the country where pop culture and the flavor of the day dictates what the church can or can not preach/teach? I thought the Bible was the authority in the church, not tickling itching ears. Okay I'm stepping away from the computer.

Why should churches have any say so in politics? That is the hold up with gay marriage, abortion, and such because of churches/bible.

Roughneck93
05-01-2013, 10:51 PM

smh

http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h419/trueblue74/617a9ecc3bcf75828fc2a43efebd253c.jpg

Manso/V8
05-01-2013, 11:03 PM
Did he say if likes to pitch or catch?

Old Tiger
05-01-2013, 11:04 PM
Did he say if likes to pitch or catch?

They say Tebow is a catcher.

1971Coogs
05-02-2013, 07:00 AM
http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h419/trueblue74/617a9ecc3bcf75828fc2a43efebd253c.jpgA picture is worth a thousand words...

Weebe
05-02-2013, 07:47 AM
http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h419/trueblue74/617a9ecc3bcf75828fc2a43efebd253c.jpg

The difference being that Collins mentioned it in one interview that I am aware of.

Whereas Tebow references God in every sentence of every interview he does, without being asked about God.

I get it. He loves God. I just dont need it thrown at me every single time he opens his mouth.

lostaussie
05-02-2013, 07:49 AM
:wave:

defense51
05-02-2013, 08:07 AM
Anybody want to share their thoughts and insights?

:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

Roughneck93
05-02-2013, 08:39 AM
The difference being that Collins mentioned it in one interview that I am aware of.

Whereas Tebow references God in every sentence of every interview he does, without being asked about God.

I get it. He loves God. I just dont need it thrown at me every single time he opens his mouth.

Yes I will agree with you that Tebow throws his beliefs in our faces every chance he gets.

Collins mentions his beliefs once.

The media will do the work for Collins now and throw it in our faces every chance they get...and call him a hero.

That's the only difference for me.

cougartino
05-02-2013, 10:28 AM
Why should churches have any say so in politics? That is the hold up with gay marriage, abortion, and such because of churches/bible.

The church doesn't have that kind of influence. If it did, Roe v Wade would have never occurred and no state would have passed gay marriage or gay adoptions. But watch what happens the next time a bomb goes off in the public arena. Folks will flock to churches and yell "God bless America." Then after everything has calmed down, go back to their same Bat Channel way of living.

waterboy
05-02-2013, 10:40 AM

Isaiah 5:20
Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

It's a sign of the times we live in. The intolerant ones are those that call us Christians intolerant, in my opinion.

cougartino
05-02-2013, 10:46 AM
Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

It's a sign of the times we live in. The intolerant ones are those that call us Christians intolerant, in my opinion.

Preach!

Weebe
05-02-2013, 11:31 AM
Yes I will agree with you that Tebow throws his beliefs in our faces every chance he gets.

Collins mentions his beliefs once.

The media will do the work for Collins now and throw it in our faces every chance they get...and call him a hero.

That's the only difference for me.

Agreed.

refereedoc
05-02-2013, 12:50 PM

Preach it, Bro! Societies that go this direction eventually implode ie Rome.

DKfromDUB
05-02-2013, 01:44 PM

:iagree:

Rabid Cougar
05-02-2013, 01:50 PM

I have never seen churches or the Bible hold up anything in politics, only laws built upon them. The Constitution and Bill of Rights mentions God and that would be the God of the Bible.

rockdale80
05-02-2013, 10:01 PM

You poor and oppressed Christians....

rockdale80
05-02-2013, 10:22 PM
I have never seen churches or the Bible hold up anything in politics, only laws built upon them. The Constitution and Bill of Rights mentions God and that would be the God of the Bible.

Clearly you have not read the Constitution or the Bill of Rights.

Tejastrue
05-02-2013, 10:23 PM
You poor and oppressed Christians....

R80...I seem to recall (because I was there) those were the last words of Pharaoh...:rolleyes:

Farmersfan
05-03-2013, 08:42 AM

What are "Biblical Principles" cougartino?

cougartino
05-03-2013, 08:49 AM
What are "Biblical Principles" cougartino?

There's not enough room on this site for me to exegete them all from scripture. But I have written articles at faithwriters.com just to name a few.

Farmersfan
05-03-2013, 10:15 AM
There's not enough room on this site for me to exegete them all from scripture. But I have written articles at faithwriters.com just to name a few.

So it is your belief that you have the ability to "exegete them all" from scripture? Although there has rarely ever been any real concensus of understanding of any part of scripture in our entire history you could provide all biblical principles for us if not limited by room on this forum? Wow! It is certainly nice for you that you have such a unprecedented understanding of the most ambiguous text ever written...... :thinking:

Manso/V8
05-03-2013, 10:52 AM
So it is your belief that you have the ability to "exegete them all" from scripture? Although there has rarely ever been any real concensus of understanding of any part of scripture in our entire history you could provide all biblical principles for us if not limited by room on this forum? Wow! It is certainly nice for you that you have such a unprecedented understanding of the most ambiguous text ever written...... :thinking:

lighten up.

cougartino
05-03-2013, 11:21 AM
lighten up.

Thank you!

Farmersfan
05-03-2013, 01:34 PM
lighten up.

All I'm saying is that cougartino has placed himself on a very, very lofty perch with his own comments. If he is truly able to do as he claimed then I might have found my new church. But I suspect all he is capable of is regurgitating dogma that has been tested over and over again and found lacking.......

“Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them; and no man ever had a distinct idea of the trinity. It is the mere Abracadabra of the mountebanks calling themselves the priests of Jesus.” Thomas Jefferson.

cougartino
05-03-2013, 03:24 PM
All I'm saying is that cougartino has placed himself on a very, very lofty perch with his own comments. If he is truly able to do as he claimed then I might have found my new church. But I suspect all he is capable of is regurgitating dogma that has been tested over and over again and found lacking.......

“Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them; and no man ever had a distinct idea of the trinity. It is the mere Abracadabra of the mountebanks calling themselves the priests of Jesus.” Thomas Jefferson.

Acutally I've spent the better part of a decade pursuing degrees in Bible college and seminary, preached several sermons, taught Bible lessons, wrote several articles and papers, organized and lead evangelism functions, and helped plant a church in La Marque. You can catch me at LM Cougar football games. I'm the guy who started fans bringing their vuvuzelas to the games. Oh, and I'm a volunteer coach for 7 on 7 and we start that in the morning at 9 AM. Yee-haw!!!! Other than that, I'm a lazy bum.

And I don't consider myself to be on a perch. The Bible is not difficult to interpret. I was a novice at it until I discovered at the hoopla about it being impossible to understand and live by was just that - hoopla. And I thought the same thing about differential equations and tautologies until I sat down, studied and started to work them. I changed my major to mathematics and the rest is history.

Rabid Cougar
05-03-2013, 03:36 PM
Clearly you have not read the Constitution or the Bill of Rights.

Once or twice. Thomas Jefferson was not your most church/religion loving individual and was against state sponsored churches/religion. He intentionally did not mention God in the Constitution.

cougartino
05-03-2013, 03:49 PM
Once or twice. Thomas Jefferson was not your most church/religion loving individual and was against state sponsored churches/religion. He intentionally did not mention God in the Constitution.

There's truth to that. Jefferson like many of the founding fathers were deists. They believed God created then left creation to fend for itself. That's why they had no moral apprehension about owning and breeding slaves. It's been proven Jefferson fathered a generation from a salve mistress. There was nothing Christian about that.