PDA

View Full Version : Stephenville Yellowjacket Football 2013

hollywood
04-26-2013, 12:16 PM
Unbelievable at how hard they are already working for Fall 2013 season. Walked in the Green Room this week... wow! They'll be a tough out for any 3A team in 2013. Possible repeat? If history stays true, yes ('93, '94; '98, '99). But realistically, a decent probability. I know they have enough returners in key positions and enough talent coming up, they'll give it their best shot.

There are a lot of strong programs that will be in the hunt as well this Fall, good luck to all.

Gsquared
04-26-2013, 12:28 PM
Id give anything to see a Stephenville vs Carthage and or Gilmer matchup. Im sooo ready for the season

hollywood
04-26-2013, 01:44 PM
G2, either of those match ups would be classics. Kilgore showed what they had and were arguably the best in East Texas 3A football last year. Both Carthage and Gilmer will be loaded this year and Kilgore will still be plenty stout! Sville has most of their OL/DL returning which is a key strength when up against any of the top East Texas teams. Speed.. overrated. I ready!

cowboyandchrist
04-26-2013, 06:48 PM
G2, either of those match ups would be classics. Kilgore showed what they had and were arguably the best in East Texas 3A football last year. Both Carthage and Gilmer will be loaded this year and Kilgore will still be plenty stout! Sville has most of their OL/DL returning which is a key strength when up against any of the top East Texas teams. Speed.. overrated. I ready!

Carthage will be the big Dawg this year, but I know to be the champ you have to beat the champ. The champ is the Ville until they are beaten. Carthage will return all 11 starters on the O side of the ball. The Defense will be the question this year for the Dawgs. They should average 50 to 60 points a game, with what I think will be the biggest and best O line in the state. The Rattlers were the most well balanced team in 3A last year, they had an outstanding Defense and an outstanding Offense. The Ville won the championship with an outstanding Offense, but the Defense was what I call a good D, but nothing like the Rattlers had. This year I believe it will be between Carthage and the Ville. Everybody in the state would love to see this match up. Kilgore will be just as good as they were last year, they will be much harder to beat this year because they were so close last year. Take away the two kick off fumbles and the game may have turned out different. I am glad the Ville dropped down, they bring big time tradition to the 3A division. Gilmer should win the 3A division II title, the only team I see that could beat them would be LaMarqe. Those are the two big monsters everyone else will have to beat in division II. God Bless and come on football season.

87coog
04-27-2013, 08:17 AM
La Marque has a real shot in D2. I believe they return 4 on the o-line and 2 sophmore running backs. they lost alot on defense but I heard the upcoming talent is real good. I would not be shocked to see the Ville back at state.

toddg
04-28-2013, 11:03 PM
Hollywood!! We're coming to town oct 18!!! Can't wait buddy!!

hollywood
04-28-2013, 11:35 PM
I hear the drums in the distance but still sound pretty weak! Lol

Looking forward to it!! Just 6 short months away.