PDA

View Full Version : Dallas drafted Who?

bobcat1
04-25-2013, 10:49 PM
A friggin 3rd round center? Jerry Jones is the dumbest man to take a dump between 2 legs in the history of man.

The Death Spiral continues.

Old Tiger
04-25-2013, 10:58 PM
How bout them cowboys

Sent from Heaven using Tapatalk

Saggy Aggie
04-25-2013, 11:07 PM
Meanwhile the Texans made a pretty good pick...

rancher
04-26-2013, 05:33 AM
IT IS HIS TEAM AND HIS MONEY, HE CAN DRAFT WHO HE WANTS. If you dont like it, cheer for another team and dont give him your money!!!!

bobcat1
04-26-2013, 05:52 AM
IT IS HIS TEAM AND HIS MONEY, HE CAN DRAFT WHO HE WANTS. If you dont like it, cheer for another team and dont give him your money!!!! THAT WAS MY THOUGHT AND COMMENT, I CAN VOICE MY OPINION. If you don't like it go read another thread.

DKfromDUB
04-26-2013, 06:09 AM
Boys look foolish again in the draft…
• Travis Frederick himself thought he was a second rounder…
• Some people thought he was a third rounder
• Patriots got a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and a 7th for No. 29. Jerry gets a 3rd for the 18th pick
• Boys move up 2 spots last year and give up a third, they move down 13 spots this year and only get a 3rd…

bobcat1
04-26-2013, 07:01 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/dallas-cowboys-select-wisconsin-c-travis-frederick-31st-035203036--nfl.html
My thoughts align with this guys.

Txbroadcaster
04-26-2013, 07:33 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/dallas-cowboys-select-wisconsin-c-travis-frederick-31st-035203036--nfl.html
My thoughts align with this guys.

He says he is not best center..but Scout INC rated him the best center...just do not understand the trade

refereedoc
04-26-2013, 08:27 AM
JJ at his best. Buffoonery at the GM job.

Old Tiger
04-26-2013, 08:39 AM
Barrett jones would of been best ol to draft. All American at 3 positions and 4 year starter at alabama

Cam
04-26-2013, 08:59 AM
THAT WAS MY THOUGHT AND COMMENT, I CAN VOICE MY OPINION. If you don't like it go read another thread.

Nice comeback bobcat1!.......

Macarthur
04-26-2013, 09:07 AM
Barrett jones would of been best ol to draft. All American at 3 positions and 4 year starter at alabama

Most sites have him as a 3rd rounder.

Macarthur
04-26-2013, 09:10 AM
He says he is not best center..but Scout INC rated him the best center...just do not understand the trade

Yeah, I like the player it just seemed like a weird way to get to it.

By all accounts, he was taken too early, but everyone needs to keep in mind that most sites had Pugh and Long as 2nd rounders too and they went in the mid-1st. OL were flying off the board so I think everyone saying that they could have gotten this guy at 47 may not have been accurate.

As I said, I like the player and I've been screaming for years that, outside of LT, C is the most important position on the OL. The guy they got is coming from a great OL school, he holds the squat record for the school at over 700lbs, he is extremely smart and has a mean streak. There's a lot to like about the pick.

But like you, I think we should have gotten more for the trade down.

hollywood
04-26-2013, 09:14 AM
Things that make you go, Huh?! Par for JJ... Good thing the Cowboys don't depend on their drafting expertise to be successful! Cowboys make their money off of merch and ticket sales because they are the Cowboys. How much longer are fans going to tolerate it? You decide. Cowboys Stadium is still a big enough draw that fans and even non-fans will come just to experience the "Cowboy Experience". Cowboys don't have to have a winning record, win playoff games or even the Super Bowl for the franchise to be successful. They could even have a sub .500 record and be successful, monotarily. America's team is what it is, the Cowboys. No matter if they win or lose, they will come, because he built it. The greatest stadium in the world for one of the greatest franchises in the world. Being a lifelong Cowboys fan myself, you just roll with the punches. It's pro football for crying out loud, more over paid, under achieving prima donnas than ever before. I've learned to not get so caught up in the mess and just watch the games. HS football is where it's at... besides, HS football rules. ;)

Cam
04-26-2013, 09:29 AM
Things that make you go, Huh?! Par for JJ... Good thing the Cowboys don't depend on their drafting expertise to be successful! Cowboys make their money off of merch and ticket sales because they are the Cowboys. How much longer are fans going to tolerate it? You decide. Cowboys Stadium is still a big enough draw that fans and even non-fans will come just to experience the "Cowboy Experience". Cowboys don't have to have a winning record, win playoff games or even the Super Bowl for the franchise to be successful. They could even have a sub .500 record and be successful, monotarily. America's team is what it is, the Cowboys. No matter if they win or lose, they will come, because he built it. The greatest stadium in the world for one of the greatest franchises in the world. Being a lifelong Cowboys fan myself, you just roll with the punches. It's pro football for crying out loud, more over paid, under achieving prima donnas than ever before. I've learned to not get so caught up in the mess and just watch the games. HS football is where it's at... besides, HS football rules. ;)

well said holly.....I too don't get too caught up with pro football...not like I used too anyway...I remember when I was a teenager and the Cowboys would lose....I actually felt sick...sometimes didn't even go to school the next day!......How silly was that?.....No doubt, I've slowly separated myself from pro sports, especially the Cowboys......If I miss a game on TV, no big deal......I still enjoy following them, but not like I enjoy watching kids play sports. That is definitely the best!!....I just hope my Dawgs keep gettin' good in the coming years.....

Macarthur
04-26-2013, 09:30 AM

I think we all need to seperate our frustration with JJ from the players, especially with regards to your prima donna comment. Please tell me which players you are referencing.

I will argue that they actually have a very good group of guys.

hollywood
04-26-2013, 10:00 AM
I think we all need to seperate our frustration with JJ from the players, especially with regards to your prima donna comment. Please tell me which players you are referencing.

I will argue that they actually have a very good group of guys.

If you reread my comment Macarthur, I referenced pro football, as in a more general statement and not specifically at the Cowboys. But since you asked... Do you think Tony Romo is worth $108M over 6 years or $18M a season OR $1.125M per game (if they miss the playoffs and play 16 games like last years 8-8 record)?

I meant to say miss and not make the playoffs. ;)

Macarthur
04-26-2013, 10:04 AM
If you reread my comment Macarthur, I referenced pro football, as in a more general statement and not specifically at the Cowboys. But since you asked... Do you think Tony Romo is worth $108M over 6 years or $18M a season OR $1.125M per game (if they make the playoffs and play 16 games like last years 8-8 record)?

We've had this debate before. Those numbers you quote are not really what the contract is worth.

Cam
04-26-2013, 11:20 AM
Dallas will have an awesome 2nd & 3rd round today!!.....OK fine....geez....ya don't have to yell!.....I was just tryin' to cheer ya up a little......:rolleyes:

hollywood
04-26-2013, 12:04 PM
We've had this debate before. Those numbers you quote are not really what the contract is worth.

No but theoretically, yes! To put it plain and simple... over paid! Anyway, carry on.

Macarthur
04-26-2013, 12:39 PM
No but theoretically, yes! To put it plain and simple... over paid! Anyway, carry on.

He would have gotten more had he been a FA.

Tejastrue
04-26-2013, 12:56 PM
This was not a great choice but a solid selection for the Cowboys. It addressed a need at probably their weakest area. They could have easily done a lot worse. Maybe they traded down to avoid paying him as much because most of it is committed to Romo. lol

Cam
04-26-2013, 01:13 PM
The 49'ers will sucker the Jones family again and acquire Dallas' 2nd round pick in exchange for the 49'ers 8th and 9th round picks....which of course, everyone knows by now those two rounds don't exist!...well, everyone but the Jones'......:vrycnfsd:

bobcat1
04-26-2013, 07:35 PM
Yeah, I like the player it just seemed like a weird way to get to it.

By all accounts, he was taken too early, but everyone needs to keep in mind that most sites had Pugh and Long as 2nd rounders too and they went in the mid-1st. OL were flying off the board so I think everyone saying that they could have gotten this guy at 47 may not have been accurate.

As I said, I like the player and I've been screaming for years that, outside of LT, C is the most important position on the OL. The guy they got is coming from a great OL school, he holds the squat record for the school at over 700lbs, he is extremely smart and has a mean streak. There's a lot to like about the pick.

But like you, I think we should have gotten more for the trade down.

The more I've learned about him the more I like him but we really got hosed on the trade.

Tejastrue
04-26-2013, 08:12 PM
Sean Lee, DeMarco Murray, Tyrone Smith, Dez Bryant, Morris Claiborne. Reasons to feel good that this draft will work out.

Tejastrue
04-26-2013, 08:37 PM
The answer to the Cowboys' QB problems...:crazy1:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report-jets-consider-releasing-mark-sanchez-012343952.html

Tejastrue
04-27-2013, 03:12 PM
Some insight and reasoning for their draft picks...

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013/4/27/4273400/dallas-cowboys-draft-2013-travis-frederick-gavin-escobar-terrance-williams-j-j-wilcox

Old Tiger
10-15-2013, 03:13 AM
Sean Lee, DeMarco Murray, Tyrone Smith, Dez Bryant, Morris Claiborne. Reasons to feel good that this draft will work out.

Murray has showed flashes but the dude can't stay healthy, Jerry will probably give him some ridiculous extension when it comes time but IMO he doesn't need a big contract due to health concerns. He has these same issues at Oklahoma.

Travis ranks near the bottom of his league as far as performance for his position goes.

Macarthur
10-15-2013, 07:11 AM
I think Frederick has been very solid. I think the pick was great. He will be a good center for a decade.

Old Tiger
10-15-2013, 03:40 PM
I think Frederick has been very solid. I think the pick was great. He will be a good center for a decade.

He's been average at best.

Macarthur
10-15-2013, 04:05 PM
He's been average at best.

Maybe but that's a significant upgrade over what we had at center in the last few years. And average as a rookie means there's room for growth.

buff4ever
10-15-2013, 04:33 PM
For a rookie he will be just fine. He probably is league average already. I will take that from a rookie. It is nice to see a couple youngsters doing well on the line, maybe they will work out for years to come.

Old Tiger
10-15-2013, 05:42 PM
For a rookie he will be just fine. He probably is league average already. I will take that from a rookie. It is nice to see a couple youngsters doing well on the line, maybe they will work out for years to come.he ranks 30 of 32 centers in the league.

Txbroadcaster
10-15-2013, 05:44 PM
he ranks 30 of 32 centers in the league.

he is a rookie..and yes has struggled at times but he is a huge upgrade from last year already

Saggy Aggie
10-15-2013, 05:53 PM

What exactly is that based on?

Macarthur
10-15-2013, 08:26 PM

Yeah. Where exactly are you getting that?

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/10/15/first-rounders-in-focus-week-6/

Old Tiger
10-15-2013, 08:32 PM
Yeah. Where exactly are you getting that?

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/10/15/first-rounders-in-focus-week-6/

On a football show on 104.9 The Horn - ESPN affiliate. They also said that Mo Claiborne ranks in the 90s in NFL cornerbacks.

Macarthur
10-15-2013, 08:46 PM
Well, it seems we have conflicting information.

I haven't done the film work but he's a hell of a lot closer to #7 than 32.

Txbroadcaster
10-15-2013, 09:15 PM
On a football show on 104.9 The Horn - ESPN affiliate. They also said that Mo Claiborne ranks in the 90s in NFL cornerbacks.

Mo struggled early..but seems to have regained his form the last two games( odd saying that when one team scored 51) I think his shoulder bothered him alot more than he let on

caleb_mccaig
10-16-2013, 10:33 AM
IMO if you don't think the team this year is improved over the last few years than I"m not sure what you're watching. Romo isn't having to run for his life every play and the defense is better than what it has been, bend but don't break.

D'Highlander
10-16-2013, 03:41 PM
Ratliff released today

Roughneck93
10-16-2013, 04:54 PM
Ratliff released today

Figured he was done in Dallas.

Would have loved to see what he could do in the 4-3.

Old Tiger
10-16-2013, 04:57 PM
Ratliff released today

This makes Dallas trading down to get a center even more stupid. They could have drafted Sharrif Floyd.

Macarthur
10-16-2013, 05:06 PM
This makes Dallas trading down to get a center even more stupid. They could have drafted Sharrif Floyd.

I'd rather have Frederick than Floyd.

I think the Escobar pick is the one that hurts. There were several DT around where he was picked that would look good in our rotation right now.

bigwood33
10-16-2013, 05:37 PM
From today's Dallas Morning News

"Frederick stepped in as a starter, anchoring the Dallas offensive line from Day One. Although he struggled early in the season, the 31st overall pick has played well the last four weeks. In fact, the former Wisconsin standout has been so impressive that the folks at Pro Football Focus have given him the fourth-highest grade among 2013 first-round picks through the first six weeks.

New York Jets 3-4 defensive end Sheldon Richardson, Carolina Panthers defensive tackle Star Lotulelei and San Diego Chargers right tackle D.J. Fluker are the only rookies to grade higher than Frederick, who is ranked seventh among NFL centers and first when it comes to run blocking efficiency."

I know it is still early in his career but it might be time to quite complaining about the Cowboys' 1st Round Pick!