PDA

View Full Version : This is why stock market is stupid and should be done away with

Old Tiger
04-24-2013, 11:23 PM
http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/breakout/flash-crash-redux-twitter-hack-triggers-major-warning-160812644.html?vp=1

Weebe
04-25-2013, 12:11 AM
Our entire financial system is built around the stock market?

Regardless of your feelings toward the manner in which it operates, how do you propose that it be done away with?

Ville-D
04-25-2013, 12:43 AM
I find it hard to believe that people shoplift TV's.

That is about all I got out of that...

Old Tiger
04-25-2013, 01:11 AM
Our entire financial system is built around the stock market?

Regardless of your feelings toward the manner in which it operates, how do you propose that it be done away with?

Preferably not by computers using algorythims searching for key words in social media.

ronwx5x
04-25-2013, 06:50 AM
http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/breakout/flash-crash-redux-twitter-hack-triggers-major-warning-160812644.html?vp=1

Using your logic would lead to closing down many major corporations, the Pentagon, the White House, Congress and a host of others since they have all been hacked at some point.

Weebe
04-25-2013, 08:24 AM
We should also do away with cars because they kill people.

Ville-D
04-25-2013, 10:46 AM
We should also do away with cars because they kill people.

Don't forget Peanut Butter.

Weebe
04-25-2013, 12:15 PM
...and peanut butter.

rockdale80
04-26-2013, 09:58 AM
Regulation is evil. Ask the folks in West. Scary to think your retirement could be obliterated by the hacking or a Twitter account, but hey its the free market, right? DA's....

ronwx5x
04-26-2013, 05:56 PM
Regulation is evil. Ask the folks in West. Scary to think your retirement could be obliterated by the hacking or a Twitter account, but hey its the free market, right? DA's....

So are you calling all dissenter's DA's, advocating doing away with the NYSE, or both? I have more retirement funds today than I would have had with no stock market, even with some terrible years. I personally know no one who was able to retire on CD's and gov't bonds.

Old Tiger
04-26-2013, 06:24 PM
So are you calling all dissenter's DA's, advocating doing away with the NYSE, or both? I have more retirement funds today than I would have had with no stock market, even with some terrible years. I personally know no one who was able to retire on CD's and gov't bonds.

It's about how social media effects stock market due to algorithms that scan the Internet for key words. Not saying stock market is bad just the concept that social media caused it to dump 200billion

Sent from Heaven using Tapatalk