PDA

View Full Version : D26 baseball: Who's in, who's out

YTBulldogs
04-24-2013, 11:46 AM
Well, the day has finally come. We'll know tonight who joins Cuero as the D26 representatives for the playoffs. Good luck all.

buff4ever
04-24-2013, 04:18 PM
[QUOTE=YTBulldogs;1742181]Well, the day has finally come. We'll know tonight who joins Cuero as the D26 representatives for the playoffs. Good luck all.[/QUOTE}

Tonight, or tomorrow night

YTBulldogs
04-24-2013, 06:28 PM
We so excited, I thought it was Thursday B4E. Yes, tomorrow should a humdinger between two good clubs. Safe travels. So tired going to Giddings the past 2 weeks, glad ya'll coming here for a change. Get here early, and we have a big tailgate going on. Ya'll invited over for some vittles.

YTBulldogs
04-25-2013, 10:07 AM
Now the day has arrived. LOL. Perfect weather, town is buzzing. Timmy Blakeney will need to throw strikes and make Giddings earn their bases. He held the Buf's in check, till the 5th---then, hit the wall. We'll have to stay aggressive at the plate and base paths. And, don't let the side-armer get ahead in the count too often. He changes speed pretty well, keeping hitters off balance. Should be a good one.

gtownfan
04-25-2013, 11:21 AM
Now the day has arrived. LOL. Perfect weather, town is buzzing. Timmy Blakeney will need to throw strikes and make Giddings earn their bases. He held the Buf's in check, till the 5th---then, hit the wall. We'll have to stay aggressive at the plate and base paths. And, don't let the side-armer get ahead in the count too often. He changes speed pretty well, keeping hitters off balance. Should be a good one.

Do Cuero and La Grange play tonight also?

YTBulldogs
04-25-2013, 12:27 PM
Do Cuero and La Grange play tonight also?

Yes, in Cuero.

YTBulldogs
04-25-2013, 09:50 PM
Well, it all panned out as I thought when season started. Ended with a 3-way tie for the title between LG, Cuero and Yoakum. Giddings finishes 4th.

Finals:

Yoakum 3
Giddings 2

LaGrange 6
Cuero 3

Appears LG will be #1 seed, and get the bye. Cuero #2 seed and Yoakum #3. That's fine by us. We just wanted in the show. Good luck Cuero and LG. We are battled tested. Congrats Giddings to a fine season.

The Buff's submariner is a quality pitcher, and certainly nothing we seen all year. Ryan Kvinta for the Dogs went 6IP, 3H, 2 runs, and Timmy Blakeney got the save, pitching the 7th and didn't even give up a foul tip. K'd the side. Lights out!!!!

hookandladder
04-25-2013, 11:15 PM
Well, it all panned out as I thought when season started. Ended with a 3-way tie for the title between LG, Cuero and Yoakum. Giddings finishes 4th.

Finals:

Yoakum 3
Giddings 2

LaGrange 6
Cuero 3

Appears LG will be #1 seed, and get the bye. Cuero #2 seed and Yoakum #3. That's fine by us. We just wanted in the show. Good luck Cuero and LG. We are battled tested. Congrats Giddings to a fine season.

The Buff's submariner is a quality pitcher, and certainly nothing we seen all year. Ryan Kvinta for the Dogs went 6IP, 3H, 2 runs, and Timmy Blakeney got the save, pitching the 7th and didn't even give up a foul tip. K'd the side. Lights out!!!!

Yes, I feel like the best three teams made the playoffs, crazy District as expected. We sure are happy to be the No. 1 seed , Also nice to give Cuero their first District loss in a number of years and their first home loss. Good luck to all teams in D-26.

YTBulldogs
04-26-2013, 11:35 AM
Good, coaches agree to not have a seeding playoff.

LG #1,
Cuero #2,
Yoakum #3

YTBulldogs
04-26-2013, 11:40 AM
http://www.advosports.com/news/2013/apr/25/mf_cuero_baseball_042613_207968/

buff4ever
04-26-2013, 11:55 AM
good game dawgs. Gidding left guys on in scoring position too many times, that is baseball. Good luck in the playoffs to all the d - 26 teams.

YTBulldogs
04-26-2013, 12:16 PM
B4E, what grade is Namken in? And, where was he when we first played ya'll? He wasn't even on the line-up card then. Nice side-armer.

hookandladder
04-26-2013, 12:33 PM
B4E, what grade is Namken in? And, where was he when we first played ya'll? He wasn't even on the line-up card then. Nice side-armer.

Pretty sure he is a Freshman, if he can gain some velosity from down there he could be really good.

hookandladder
04-26-2013, 12:37 PM
Good, coaches agree to not have a seeding playoff.

LG #1,
Cuero #2,
Yoakum #3

Pretty sure they went head to head with the 3 playoff teams.

La Grange 3-1

Cuero 2-2

Yoakum 1-3

YTBulldogs
04-26-2013, 01:21 PM
Pretty sure they went head to head with the 3 playoff teams.

La Grange 3-1

Cuero 2-2

Yoakum 1-3

I do know Yoakum didn't want a playoff for seeding purposes. And, the Advocate story (link below) states the 3 teams agreed not to have one, even though we could since we are all co-district champs. Ykm wanted no part of a bye. Coach Nicholson liked our matchup in the first round (regardless who it is), then even more the second round (I think he stated it would be Pleasanton) if we are the #3 seed. Man is always a few steps ahead in preparation.

http://www.advosports.com/news/2013/...042613_207968/

hookandladder
04-26-2013, 01:52 PM
I do know Yoakum didn't want a playoff for seeding purposes. And, the Advocate story (link below) states the 3 teams agreed not to have one, even though we could since we are all co-district champs. Ykm wanted no part of a bye. Coach Nicholson liked our matchup in the first round (regardless who it is), then even more the second round (I think he stated it would be Pleasanton) if we are the #3 seed. Man is always a few steps ahead in preparation.

http://www.advosports.com/news/2013/...042613_207968/

I understand either way , we still play two games next week. Monday we play Huffman and Friday we play Hallettsville, will face some quaility teams before our playoff game.

YTBulldogs
04-26-2013, 02:32 PM
H'V is very good. Shorty Cook is a great coach and I see that team making it to state in 2A. Yes, great bye week opponents. Smart move.

YTBulldogs
04-26-2013, 02:35 PM
H&L, I guess Giddings folks are done on downlow for the year. So, I'll ask you. That Buff's sidearmer, you know what grade he is in?

hookandladder
04-27-2013, 08:07 AM
H&L, I guess Giddings folks are done on downlow for the year. So, I'll ask you. That Buff's sidearmer, you know what grade he is in?

Yes I posted on another tread , pretty sure he is a Freshman. If he can get more velocity from down there , he could be really something.