PDA

View Full Version : Brownwood Is Open

Matthew328
04-22-2013, 08:53 AM
Bob Shipley has resigned to join the staff at Texas

Cam
04-22-2013, 09:17 AM
So what now for Brownwood? Hiring from within????....

Bosqueville
04-22-2013, 09:22 AM
Hear the job is Coach Howard's if he wants it.

Matthew328
04-22-2013, 09:34 AM
Thats the word I'm hearing...

david mcnabb
04-22-2013, 09:34 AM
New NCAA rules provide interesting moves for HS coaches now (http://bit.ly/QvCNEC)

hollywood
04-22-2013, 10:59 AM
Hmmm

BEAST
04-22-2013, 11:16 AM
We on the board will meet Thursday and approve DC Chuck Howard as the new AD and HC if he accepts is.

BEAST
04-22-2013, 11:31 AM
*accepts it*

BEAST

Cam
04-22-2013, 01:03 PM
We on the board will meet Thursday and approve DC Chuck Howard as the new AD and HC if he accepts is.

dangit...I wanted that job!.....:foul::D

cr180t
04-22-2013, 01:04 PM
Coach Howard would be a great choice.

YTBulldogs
04-22-2013, 01:14 PM
Is Shipley replacing Brown or just a coach on staff? I wish.

bobcat1
04-22-2013, 01:29 PM
Is Shipley replacing Brown or just a coach on staff? I wish.

I think that would be awesome! I could be a Longhorn fan again as soon as Mack is kicked crying and begging to the curb along with Delooser Dud.

Matthew328
04-22-2013, 01:52 PM
I think that would be awesome! I could be a Longhorn fan again as soon as Mack is kicked crying and begging to the curb along with Delooser Dud.

i hope Mack stays at Texas for many years to come...keep it up!

YTBulldogs
04-22-2013, 02:07 PM
I liked Mack, but--his time is up and time for new blood in there.

Tejastrue
04-22-2013, 04:25 PM
Us Wimberley folk know too well what it's like to have a great one leave. Congrats to coach Shipley. Wish him all the best in his new job and UT will be much better because of it.

BEAST
04-22-2013, 04:43 PM
A lot of folks around here were hoping, if Shipley ever left, that Howard would still be here and not a HC for another school already. I really think, as do many others, that we have a really good HC in the waiting with Howard. Im really excited for him and Shipley.

BEAST

Old Tiger
04-22-2013, 07:05 PM
Bob is one of the best to have for HS relations.

Suddes from Alabama - Director of Player Personnel
Riley Dodge - Offensive Quality Control, Spent last season as a GA/Wide Receivers coach for A&M
Bob Shipley - Analyst(high school relations, film, and etc)

Looks like they are trying to get the most out of these new recruiting rules

ronwx5x
04-23-2013, 05:46 AM
Bob Shipley has resigned to join the staff at Texas

So, is this really much of a surprise? Seems like I've heard rumors for some time.

Matthew328
04-23-2013, 07:35 AM
It's not a surprise....but its newsworthy nonetheless

LionFan72
04-23-2013, 07:55 AM
Thanks and congrats to Coach Shipley, He is a great coach and a bigger Man. The "forty acres" are in good hands. Brownwood will be fine, somehow Coach left us in good hands, lol.

BwdLion73
04-23-2013, 08:00 AM
Just like the past when you were able to associate your favorite player with a certain team. Gone are the days of building a career at one location. The day he arrived the clock was ticking on when he would move up. I dont blame him or any coach who wants to move up or accept a new challange, however I do miss the tradition a long time coach can instill on kids.

ccmom
04-23-2013, 09:13 AM
Just like the past when you were able to associate your favorite player with a certain team. Gone are the days of building a career at one location. The day he arrived the clock was ticking on when he would move up. I dont blame him or any coach who wants to move up or accept a new challange, however I do miss the tradition a long time coach can instill on kids.

Those days aren't TOTALLY gone. :wave:

Good luck to Coach Shipley and family, and to Brownwood as they move on.

BwdLion73
04-23-2013, 09:27 AM
Those days aren't TOTALLY gone. :wave:

Good luck to Coach Shipley and family, and to Brownwood as they move on.

Thats true, Coach Sandifer came to mind when I was typing. I'm sure he has struggled with career choices more than once.

Trashman
04-23-2013, 09:29 AM
From Brownwood News

LINK: http://www.brownwoodnews.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=11756:shipley-thankful-to-have-been-part-of-brownwood-lion-tradition-will-leave-at-end-of-month&catid=39:sports&Itemid=62

Shipley Thankful to have been Part of Brownwood Lion Tradition, Will Leave at End of Month
Monday, 22 April 2013 13:43 | Written by Lisa Tipton | PDF | Print | E-mail

Although it was a difficult decision, Brownwood High School Athletics Director and Head Football Coach Bob Shipley will start in his new position at the University of Texas the first part of May.

According to Shipley, the decision to leave Brownwood was difficult, and it is a very special place to his family.

“It was a difficult decision. Brownwood has been so good to us,” said Shipley. “It’s tough to leave a place that’s been so special. Brownwood will always be home to Jaxon and Addie Jane.”

Shipley stated that he and his children, Jaxon and Addie Jane, took pride in being part of the Brownwood Lions tradition, which was one of the things he enjoyed most about his time in Brownwood.

“Just the way our kids, school and community all take such pride in being Brownwood Lions. The people that I’ve worked with, these other coaches are very special,” said Shipley. “I loved being around the kids. They and the coaches made this place very enjoyable. The administration, school board and community as a whole have been incredible."

The highlight of his years at Brownwood High School, according to Shipley was the 2010 season.

“Obviously the 2010 season will be the highlight but really each year was special in its own way,” Shipley stated. “The one thing that I’ll always remember is the way these kids loved being Brownwood Lions and how lucky I was to be a small part of the tradition here.”

Shipley explained that his new position at UT was recently created within the player personnel department. He will be working mostly with the defense and assisting the team with their player personnel, but also be involved with high school relations.

“Coach Brown and I thought it would be a good fit for me. I’ve been around the program for almost 10 years with my boys playing there,” explained Shipley. “I have coached at the college level for 5 years so recruiting is something that I’m very comfortable with.”

Following the news of Coach Shipley’s decision, Dr. Reece Blincoe, Brownwood ISD Superintendent announced that Coach Chuck Howard will be recommended to the Brownwood ISD Board of Trustees for the Athletic Director/Head Football Coach position.

“I have a lot of respect for Coach Howard as a coach and a man. He’s not a guy who craves the limelight,” said Shipley. “He is a really hard worker, super competitive and loves kids. He doesn’t care who gets the credit. He pours a lot into kids’ lives that most people never see or hear about. I think he’ll do a great job.”

The Brownwood Independent School District Board of Trustees will hold a special meeting Thursday, April 25th at 12:30 p.m. to address Shipley’s resignation and replacement.

Related Article: Coach Shipley Resigns, Takes New Position at University of Texas