PDA

View Full Version : D26 Baseball Scores (Friday)

YTBulldogs
04-19-2013, 11:00 PM
Yoakum 11
LaGrange 5

Gonzales 8
Cuero 7 (8 innings)

And I heard Giddings beat S'ville. Not sure of the score.

Boy, this thing is all up in the air now.

YTBulldogs
04-20-2013, 05:23 AM
What happened Gobs? You had the title in your hands. I would of never imagined the Apaches staying with you. Especially, when you brought your ace in, in 2nd inning. I can see a 3-way tie very likely now. I have no idea what the tiebreaker is. If it ends in a tie, LG would of beaten Cuero twice, Cuero beat Yoakum twice, and Yoakum split with LG. Also a chance LG or Yoakum stays home, and Giddings makes the playoffs. Wow, like we thought, this district race would come down to the last game to decide things.

YTBulldogs
04-20-2013, 07:44 AM
Yoakum plays Victoria East today (Saturday) at 11AM. Like against Sinton last Saturday, I assume this will be a chance for the non-reg's to get some PT and stay sharp for the "biggy" next Thursday against Giddings. I must admit, the past two Saturday non-district games (Pirates and now Victoria East), have been very beneficial. Troy Kacir, who had been struggling on the bump, pitch solid versus Sinton, and earned the trust and started last night against LaGrange and kept the Dog's in it. I think he gave up 2 ER's. But, the Sinton game showed he can pitch without all the walks. He had 1 in Sinton, and 2 last night. That's very productive. That non-district late season game helped TK get thing's lined out.

YTBulldogs
04-20-2013, 02:07 PM
Saturday Final, Riverside Stadium, Victoria

Victoria East 8
Yoakum 4

Recap:

Yoakum played several non-regulars, as I'm sure VE did as well. We started a soph, who was called up from JV for this one. And, VE took advantage and rattled him in the 1st as he surrendered 7 runs. Several walks, couple hit batters, wild pitches, coupled with a few dinks and a shot in the gap to the wall. Kid pitched from behind to nearly every hitter in that opening frame. Wide eyed youngster settled and pitched very well after the 1st and got ahead and let his defense work. Gave up 1 run for the remainder. So glad coach stuck with him, and let him prove he can compete, when he get's ahead in the count.

Positive, Ykm didn't cave and battled back and continued hitting the rock pretty well. Was a perfect day out there. Wish we could of played two or three on day's like this. Now, time to work and prepare for the battle this Thursday.

hookandladder
04-22-2013, 06:44 AM
Yoakum 11
LaGrange 5

Gonzales 8
Cuero 7 (8 innings)

And I heard Giddings beat S'ville. Not sure of the score.

Boy, this thing is all up in the air now.

Best team definitely won this game tonight, Yoakum plays the right way with good hard working kids and very well coached. Love the way the kids carry themselves on and off the field, I can only imagine what they do in practice to be prepared for each game. It is how you prepare each week in practice that will help determine how you play in games, just like football you have to work hard and work on the little things that will determine the outcome. It's the little thing's that help you win close games against good teams and you have to work on them each week with 15-18 old kids, little thing's like base running, leads, pick off moves, holding runners on and last but not least bunting. All things that are required in being a successful team, I see all those quailties in the Yoakum team however the question for you guy's will be pitching. You will need some guys to step up big time however still feel Region 4 is wide open, Thursday for us win and in and lose pretty much done.

buff4ever
04-22-2013, 10:20 AM
Best team definitely won this game tonight, Yoakum plays the right way with good hard working kids and very well coached. Love the way the kids carry themselves on and off the field, I can only imagine what they do in practice to be prepared for each game. It is how you prepare each week in practice that will help determine how you play in games, just like football you have to work hard and work on the little things that will determine the outcome. It's the little thing's that help you win close games against good teams and you have to work on them each week with 15-18 old kids, little thing's like base running, leads, pick off moves, holding runners on and last but not least bunting. All things that are required in being a successful team, I see all those quailties in the Yoakum team however the question for you guy's will be pitching. You will need some guys to step up big time however still feel Region 4 is wide open, Thursday for us win and in and lose pretty much done.

This district has come down to exactly what everyone thought. Apparently YTbulldogs never really gave the buffs a chance at the playoffs, but we have fealt all season that we could get in that top 3 when it was all said and done. That loss by cuero to gonzales may have done nothing but help the buffs. With cuero not having the district title wrapped up now, they will be playing the leopards on full intensity. So if Giddings can't pull off the win against the dawgs, then we still get in if cuero beats LG. This is not a bad back up plan, as I feel that Cuero is the best team in district when it all is said and done.

You never know what is going to happen Thursday. I haven't studied it too much across the board, but if Giddings and Cuero win, it seems like LG would stay home, Right and Ceuro would be district champs? If Giddings and LG win, then if my math is correct, does that make a three way tie for 1st with Giddings, Cuero and LG? If Yoakum and LG win, there would be another 3 way tie for 1st with Giddings staying home. If Youkum and Cuero win, Do they split the title and then Giddings would be 3 and LG stay home.

I like going in Gidding's odds of making the playoffs being 3 out of 4 scenarios, with a yoakum and LG win being the only way we stay home. Yoakum has same odds being the only way they stay home is if Giddings and LG win. LG's only chance is if they win, Hook was right in his statement above.

Sorry for the rambling, but sometimes the only way to uncofuse yourself is to ramble it all out, and at that point, I didn't want to delete my work. So if you already knew, sorry I repeated, if you didn't, there you go.

Look forward to Thursday, who needs testing, lets get it on.

YTBulldogs
04-22-2013, 11:53 AM
Yes, we don't have a Homer or Wagner like arm this year on the bump. Bunch of #3, and fours toeing the rubber, that if they don't walk batters and let our "D" work, we are in every game now that the sticks came around. Yes, we need to brush up on our base running.

YTBulldogs
04-22-2013, 12:33 PM
Apparently YTbulldogs never really gave the buffs a chance at the playoffs

Not sure I ever said Giddings had no chance for the playoffs. You have it now. I did say you'll finish 4th though. I agree, Cuero is the best team in district IMO. That said, I do see LG beating them Thursday. Cuero is in playoffs already, and LG needs this one.

Like in football, the district best 3 teams will advance. Good luck to all 3 teams battling for the final 2 playoff spots this Thursday.

hookandladder
04-22-2013, 12:49 PM
This district has come down to exactly what everyone thought. Apparently YTbulldogs never really gave the buffs a chance at the playoffs, but we have fealt all season that we could get in that top 3 when it was all said and done. That loss by cuero to gonzales may have done nothing but help the buffs. With cuero not having the district title wrapped up now, they will be playing the leopards on full intensity. So if Giddings can't pull off the win against the dawgs, then we still get in if cuero beats LG. This is not a bad back up plan, as I feel that Cuero is the best team in district when it all is said and done.

You never know what is going to happen Thursday. I haven't studied it too much across the board, but if Giddings and Cuero win, it seems like LG would stay home, Right and Ceuro would be district champs? If Giddings and LG win, then if my math is correct, does that make a three way tie for 1st with Giddings, Cuero and LG? If Yoakum and LG win, there would be another 3 way tie for 1st with Giddings staying home. If Youkum and Cuero win, Do they split the title and then Giddings would be 3 and LG stay home.

I like going in Gidding's odds of making the playoffs being 3 out of 4 scenarios, with a yoakum and LG win being the only way we stay home. Yoakum has same odds being the only way they stay home is if Giddings and LG win. LG's only chance is if they win, Hook was right in his statement above.

Sorry for the rambling, but sometimes the only way to uncofuse yourself is to ramble it all out, and at that point, I didn't want to delete my work. So if you already knew, sorry I repeated, if you didn't, there you go.

If Cuero beats us and Giddings beats Yoakum that would put us and Yoakum tied, so I would think there has to be a one game playoff game between us and Yoakum for third. The only way I see us totally out of the playoffs is if we lose to Cuero and Yoakum beat Giddings, that would send Giddings to the playoff with 4 losses just like us winning the tie breaker over us on head to head.

hookandladder
04-26-2013, 06:23 AM

Did not work out quite the way you thought and Cuero is not the best team in District , in my eyes best overall team in District was Yoakum. They had just as much talent as anyone and definitely the best coached team, they are just missing that one dominant pitcher. Luckily for us , we have one.

buff4ever
04-26-2013, 12:09 PM
Did not work out quite the way you thought and Cuero is not the best team in District , in my eyes best overall team in District was Yoakum. They had just as much talent as anyone and definitely the best coached team, they are just missing that one dominant pitcher. Luckily for us , we have one.

I can see how in the different scenarios, each of you have a case for best team in our district. But from the games I watched, Cuero was in control of us in both games. We were in both games with Yoakum til the end. Even though the score in the first game doesn't look like it. We let that last inning the first game with Yoakum get sloppy. Gidding left runners on last night in scoring position more than once. Just a key hit in one of those situations, and we are in. That is how baseball works out sometimes, you have to make the key hits at the right time. Cuero has the best potential, if they can get their feet back under them going into the playoffs.

Just my opinion.

hookandladder
04-26-2013, 12:59 PM
I can see how in the different scenarios, each of you have a case for best team in our district. But from the games I watched, Cuero was in control of us in both games. We were in both games with Yoakum til the end. Even though the score in the first game doesn't look like it. We let that last inning the first game with Yoakum get sloppy. Gidding left runners on last night in scoring position more than once. Just a key hit in one of those situations, and we are in. That is how baseball works out sometimes, you have to make the key hits at the right time. Cuero has the best potential, if they can get their feet back under them going into the playoffs.

Just my opinion.

If the Johnson kid is their No. 1 , I see pitching being a problem for them against a solid team in a 3 game series that is Cuero. Yoakum has more overall pitching depth but no dominant pitcher, like I have said earlier this Region 4 is wide open. Whoever gets hot at the right time.

YTBulldogs
04-26-2013, 01:12 PM
I agree. I see Cuero going for 1 gamer instead of a two out of 3 series. Kinda like Fredericksburg did last year and rode that arm of theirs, 3 rounds deep. Then we nipped him 2-1 to end it that string. They were very good at winning the flips.