PDA

View Full Version : Burnet & Sinton

whtfbplaya
11-05-2002, 02:58 PM
Who are there likely first and second round games against?

sinton66
11-05-2002, 03:33 PM
First round probables:
Burnet/Somerset
Sinton/Hondo

Second round probables:
Burnet/Wharton or Gonzales
Sinton/Falfurrias or La Feria

<small>[ November 05, 2002, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

whtfbplaya
11-06-2002, 03:40 PM
Thanks

htownfbman
11-06-2002, 11:15 PM
if wharton was to beat gonzalez, do u think they would have any chance of staying with burnet?

Matthew328
11-06-2002, 11:52 PM
I think if Wharton played well they could play with Burnet...they have the raw talent to that..it is just a matter of Wharton getting their mind correct and doing it!

sinton66
11-07-2002, 08:33 AM
I agree, Matthew. I think the Wharton/Gonzales match-up will be a solid test for both squads. The eventual survivor will test Burnet, provided they stay healthy.

spaniard
11-23-2002, 01:54 AM
i know this was talked about last a long time ago, but i think that it might have some relevance to tomorrow afternoon. good luck to both squads, but my noise goes to the dawgs. congrats sinton to a well played game. hopefully we will see you guys next weekend.

whtfbplaya
11-23-2002, 03:33 AM
What do you know one of my post pulled out of the woodwork.

sinton66
11-23-2002, 06:17 AM
Best of luck to both squads for an injury free game. I'm coming to watch this one.

BurnetBulldog
11-23-2002, 08:38 AM
Perfect day to watch Burnet play in my backyard. My prediction the score will be similar to Sinton's last night...Go Dawgs!

BTW Spaniard:

The ancient view was that only the old could be wise, for only they had experienced the world and life. They had gone through the "school of hard knocks." Thus wisdom was the domain of the old. Solomon says, "The glory of young men is their strength, gray hair the splendor of the old" (proverbs 20:29).

Sinton_Playa 70
11-23-2002, 10:38 AM
Good luck Burnet and good luck Wharton!! See ya next week.

Lead, follow, or get out of the way!!

topdawg
11-23-2002, 07:40 PM
looks like this games finally gona happen, should be one of the best games of the year!!!

spaniard
11-24-2002, 02:14 AM
BurnetBulldog:
Perfect day to watch Burnet play in my backyard. My prediction the score will be similar to Sinton's last night...Go Dawgs!

BTW Spaniard:

The ancient view was that only the old could be wise, for only they had experienced the world and life. They had gone through the "school of hard knocks." Thus wisdom was the domain of the old. Solomon says, "The glory of young men is their strength, gray hair the splendor of the old" (proverbs 20:29).which is why solomon basically says here that young men are impressed with strength, while the elder know that strength is not what makes a man, and like you said, that they have been through the "S.O.H.K.'s." in many cases, this is still true, a lot of us young uns think that being strong physically counts for a lot, when we are in fact dead wrong, and this next game with us and sinton is going to be a test of much more than just physical strength, but also emotional, and mental strength and conditioning. good luck to both teams, ill be there makin as much noise as i can. great game today dawgs, and last night pirates. itll be one for the books.

SintonFan
11-24-2002, 03:16 AM
spaniard:

BurnetBulldog:

BTW Spaniard:

The ancient view was that only the old could be wise, for only they had experienced the world and life. They had gone through the "school of hard knocks." Thus wisdom was the domain of the old. Solomon says, "The glory of young men is their strength, gray hair the splendor of the old" (proverbs 20:29).which is why solomon basically says here that young men are impressed with strength, while the elder know that strength is not what makes a man, and like you said, that they have been through the "S.O.H.K.'s." in many cases, this is still true, a lot of us young uns think that being strong physically counts for a lot, when we are in fact dead wrong, and this next game with us and sinton is going to be a test of much more than just physical strength, but also emotional, and mental strength and conditioning. good luck to both teams, ill be there makin as much noise as i can. great game today dawgs, and last night pirates. itll be one for the books.Huh???? Yall got some kind of cult out there? :) Yes, Sinton is good, but no one is going 'biblical' I think. :D :D :D
jus havin some fun...

<small>[ November 24, 2002, 04:05 AM: Message edited by: SintonFan ]</small>

Pandora
11-24-2002, 10:15 AM
[/qb][/QUOTE]Huh???? Yall got some kind of cult out there? :) Yes, Sinton is good, but no one is going 'biblical' I think. :D :D :D
jus havin some fun...[/QB][/QUOTE]

I think that the following that high school football Texas has could qualify by some as a cult activity.

spaniard
11-24-2002, 11:04 PM
no one said anything about being in a cult or anything, we were just yakkin about some scripture, this game will be an awesome one though, both teams will be ready to play saturday. :D

SintonFan
11-25-2002, 03:11 AM
spaniard, this might have been in poor taste, I agree. I was just poking fun...
no offense intended...

I hope to see some of yall Satuday. :)

District303aPastPlayer
11-25-2002, 04:10 AM
i know its going to be a good game, but I have to bring this up.

The Odem-Comfort game is going to be as good, if not better than the sinton-burnet game. Good thing i get to watch both.

spaniard
11-25-2002, 08:32 PM
SintonFan:
spaniard, this might have been in poor taste, I agree. I was just poking fun...
no offense intended...

I hope to see some of yall Satuday. :) its all good brother, no offense taken. saw a picture of bobcat stadium today on the news, course it was while they were talking about the coach being fired, but anywhoo, the field looks stinkin awesome!! and the weather looks to be pretty nice too, maybe a little chilly, but very bearable.

sinton66
11-25-2002, 09:07 PM
District303aPastPlayer:
i know its going to be a good game, but I have to bring this up.

The Odem-Comfort game is going to be as good, if not better than the sinton-burnet game. Good thing i get to watch both.Where do you get your magic mushrooms?(j/k)Odem plays at noon in the dome and Sinton plays at 1:00pm in San Marcos. I just gotta know how you get to see both.

District303aPastPlayer
11-26-2002, 12:34 AM
ya know... i could have sworn the odem game was on friday. I guess my magical mushrooms were tampered with... Now that I think about it, someone slipped someting in my tortilla burger!!!

I will probably watch some of the Odem game, then leave SA to SM...

SintonFan
11-26-2002, 01:37 AM
spaniard:
its all good brother, no offense taken. saw a picture of bobcat stadium today on the news, course it was while they were talking about the coach being fired, but anywhoo, the field looks stinkin awesome!! and the weather looks to be pretty nice too, maybe a little chilly, but very bearable.It's a nice stadium. I don't know if it's big enough for both towns, though. Yall must of had around 4500 fans for your team last week(hehe, there were many Burnet fans on the Wharton side). Sinton will bring a nice crowd, too. Too bad it won't be at the Alamodome or Alamo Stadium. :confused:
Oh well, this is the game we've all been pointing to since football started this year.

pirate4state
11-26-2002, 11:31 AM
I like that it's not in a dome. Saturday should provide excellent football weather. As John Madden says, "good hitting weather". :) I just hope it does not rain.

Who's bringing the BBQ pit? :D