PDA

View Full Version : RIP Pat Summerall

Old Tiger
04-16-2013, 03:56 PM
Being reported

cougartino
04-16-2013, 04:14 PM
:(

I remember "After the game, tonight on CBS, 60 Minutes..." and "After the game, tonight on Fox, The Simpsons..."

Phil C
04-16-2013, 04:32 PM
Sad news. He was a great broadcaster. I remember that he and Tom Brookshier who we lost in 2010 were great together when they did NFL games. RIP Pat and thank you.

Roughneck93
04-16-2013, 05:36 PM
I remember this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxkii-_hsG0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

One of the best.

cougartino
04-16-2013, 07:24 PM
That intro was exciting! It makes me wanna suit up and knock some heads around.

Tejastrue
04-16-2013, 08:05 PM
Yes indeed. It was like... okay, Pat has spoken..now let's enjoy some great football! He was one of the best ever.. at least in my lifetime and as far as NFL games go.. I don't think anyone has come close since he started and ended his broadcasting career. His voice stood the test of time even as he struggled with personal / physical afflictions. RIP Mr. Summerall. You have been and will continue to be missed for many years to come.

zebrablue2
04-16-2013, 10:17 PM
Yes indeed. It was like... okay, Pat has spoken..now let's enjoy some great football! He was one of the best ever.. at least in my lifetime and as far as NFL games go.. I don't think anyone has come close since he started and ended his broadcasting career. His voice stood the test of time even as he struggled with personal / physical afflictions. RIP Mr. Summerall. You have been and will continue to be missed for many years to come.

:iagree: Well said!!!