PDA

View Full Version : Lake Jackson runners at Boston Marathon

Scoop27
04-16-2013, 05:08 AM
From the Brazosport Facts
Lake Jackson's Hugh Leidlein, who was running in the Boston Marathon today, says he was well away from the finish line at the time of the explosions. Sports Editor Joel Luna is working to reach other local residents who were running in today's marathon.

Boston marathoner Kelly Colosimo, of Lake Jackson, posted this, which a friend shared: I am ok. Was 5 minutes from the finish when they stopped us. Kicked us off the course and told us to get out of Boston. God was with me.

Cam
04-17-2013, 10:45 AM
From the Brazosport Facts
Lake Jackson's Hugh Leidlein, who was running in the Boston Marathon today, says he was well away from the finish line at the time of the explosions. Sports Editor Joel Luna is working to reach other local residents who were running in today's marathon.

Boston marathoner Kelly Colosimo, of Lake Jackson, posted this, which a friend shared: I am ok. Was 5 minutes from the finish when they stopped us. Kicked us off the course and told us to get out of Boston. God was with me.

As soon as I heard about it, I got on the phone and called my cousin. He's a police officer in Sugarland who runs the Boston every year. Before I even said anything he picked up the phone and said, "don't worry cousin, I didn't go this year but I wish I could've been there to help in any way possible". Told me he'd be there next year!