PDA

View Full Version : Need advice for some wise Downlowers

Cam
04-09-2013, 09:43 AM
So, this summer, my oldest won't be coming home due to college summer courses...and my wife and I both work....so, besides trying to find out how I'm gonna get my 13 year old to morning summer workouts, I also gotta figure out how to feed this child...He'll be home alone. He can cook some. But, we gotta make sure he gets the proper nutrition so we can put some meat on them bones!.....Anybody out there with a similiar dilema? What do you do? The G2 Meal Plan? Cook extra stuff in the evenings so he can re-heat? We live 10 miles outta town so there's no restaurant within walkin' distance.....I could possibly put him on the Cub Cadet tractor mower but I'd probably have to modify the engine like Bobby Boucher (pronounced "Boo-SHAY") from The Waterboy did.........any advice would be greatly appreciated!!.... :2thumbsup

Farmersfan
04-09-2013, 09:48 AM
I'm thinking a 13 year old should be able to fend for himself for lunch at home. I'm not sure what you mean by "proper nutrition" but keeping heat and serve leftovers in the frig should be easy.

greendawg84
04-09-2013, 09:57 AM
So, this summer, my oldest won't be coming home due to college summer courses...and my wife and I both work....so, besides trying to find out how I'm gonna get my 13 year old to morning summer workouts, I also gotta figure out how to feed this child...He'll be home alone. He can cook some. But, we gotta make sure he gets the proper nutrition so we can put some meat on them bones!.....Anybody out there with a similiar dilema? What do you do? The G2 Meal Plan? Cook extra stuff in the evenings so he can re-heat? We live 10 miles outta town so there's no restaurant within walkin' distance.....I could possibly put him on the Cub Cadet tractor mower but I'd probably have to modify the engine like Bobby Boucher (pronounced "Boo-SHAY") from The Waterboy did.........any advice would be greatly appreciated!!.... :2thumbsup

Hot pockets and pot pies :wave: they gots plenty of fat and calories in them . Just better keep him active or they will make him fat. Almost forgot , get him some peanut butter for protein and pot tarts ( them suckers have like 34 grams for fat in them ). Dont know about proper but it will put weight on them. :ack!:

bobcat1
04-09-2013, 11:03 AM
Peanut butter and jelly sammiches, eggs for breakfast. Protein shakes for snacks. He can add raw eggs and Blue Bell to them. Frozen pizza also is a good choice. Also on the weekends you can cook up burritos and wrap them and put them in the frig. He can take them out and wrap a wet paper towel around them and heat 50 seconds and they will be like fresh ones. You can also on the weekend cook up a can of biscuits and put egg and sausage and cheese on them. Nuke them for a minute and he can eat them also.

I raised 4 boys and the baby boy wound up 6'7" about 250. :2thumbsup

panfan
04-09-2013, 12:15 PM
Peanut butter and jelly sammiches, eggs for breakfast. Protein shakes for snacks. He can add raw eggs and Blue Bell to them. Frozen pizza also is a good choice. Also on the weekends you can cook up burritos and wrap them and put them in the frig. He can take them out and wrap a wet paper towel around them and heat 50 seconds and they will be like fresh ones. You can also on the weekend cook up a can of biscuits and put egg and sausage and cheese on them. Nuke them for a minute and he can eat them also.

I raised 4 boys and the baby boy wound up 6'7" about 250. :2thumbsup

All the above plus lots of yogurt and nuts and fruits. will help even out the g-dawg fat calories with some protein+carbs calories!!! If he is working out all summer, you aren't going to put much weight on him anyway. Good luck.

YTBulldogs
04-09-2013, 03:12 PM
Moon pies and RC cola. Kid will be fine. He'll probably sleep till you return home after his workouts anyways.

Macarthur
04-09-2013, 03:26 PM
All good selections above. I also would keep lots of good deli meats - turkey & chicken - so that he can get some good protein. The suggestion of lots of fruit and nuts is a good one too. Too many kids get their calories from the wrong sources. Limit sugar and corn syrup type stuff.

Old Tiger
04-09-2013, 04:42 PM
Make a thing of spaghetti or dish that will hold for multiple days. Buy sandwich stuff pbj ham cheese and etc. buy the individual portion chips and he can drink water from the tap

Sent from Heaven using Tapatalk

buckeyebob
04-10-2013, 05:38 AM
Moon pies and RC cola. Kid will be fine. He'll probably sleep till you return home after his workouts anyways.

Geez...gotta get a balanced diet in there...add Fritos & Bean Dip (Spicey)

YTBulldogs
04-10-2013, 07:00 AM
Geez...gotta get a balanced diet in there...add Fritos & Bean Dip (Spicey)

Couple links of some Maekers sausage (jalapeno) , tub of instant mac and cheese, and the kid is set to go.

waterboy
04-10-2013, 07:27 AM
Keep lots of Pringles Original and Twinkies in the cupboard. They go together very well.:D

Cam
04-10-2013, 09:44 AM
Keep lots of Pringles Original and Twinkies in the cupboard. They go together very well.:D

LOL.....shoot...with some of these recommendations my boy might have to be converted to a lineman by the time all is said and done!!!......

Gone Fishing
04-10-2013, 09:21 PM

thats a good one YT....OR maybe he could have several packages of some square nibs and a RC Cola! LOL

bobcat4life
04-10-2013, 09:57 PM
Get some hot-dogs. I used to eat 4-5 at a time (no bread) when I was his age. Throw 'em on the stove top and cook for about 5 minutes and you're good to go