PDA

View Full Version : Wharton HS Campus Lockdown on MOnday

Scoop27
04-09-2013, 09:01 AM
A spokesperson for Wharton ISD says that over the lunch period, a student noticed three small plastic bottles in the commons area. When he went to pick them up, he noticed they were warm and had foil on them. The student told school officials immediately and the school went on a precautionary lockdown.

We're told the police department was called to the scene to investigate and discovered two of the bottles had a combustible reaction. The bottles will be tested further to determine the contents.

School officials are interviewing witnesses, but they believe they have a suspect in mind. They add that while the bottles were likely placed as a prank, they consider student safety a serious matter. The investigation is ongoing.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=9057222

pancho villa
04-09-2013, 10:25 AM
I don't think anyone outside Wharton would care.

Weebe
04-09-2013, 11:27 AM
And it's just a normal day for those in Wharton.

maestro
04-09-2013, 08:30 PM
A spokesperson for Wharton ISD says that over the lunch period, a student noticed three small plastic bottles in the commons area. When he went to pick them up, he noticed they were warm and had foil on them. The student told school officials immediately and the school went on a precautionary lockdown.

We're told the police department was called to the scene to investigate and discovered two of the bottles had a combustible reaction. The bottles will be tested further to determine the contents.

School officials are interviewing witnesses, but they believe they have a suspect in mind. They add that while the bottles were likely placed as a prank, they consider student safety a serious matter. The investigation is ongoing.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=9057222

This is a non-sports event
Should not have been on here.

Most likely the students involved are non-athletes???

Scoop27 never misses a beat to trash wharton or wharton isd

Check the area track and field results. Wharton athletics has many positive hard working kids.

Scoop27??? I believe that every district, if researched, would have some ill advised behaviors by some very low moral students.

But this is a sports forum. Bash wharton as you see fit athletically, I have, but quit running down hard working and successful wjhs and whs athletes to rage a vendetta.

Saggy Aggie
04-09-2013, 08:33 PM
This is a non-sports event
Should not have been on here.

Most likely the students involved are non-athletes???

Scoop27 never misses a beat to trash wharton or wharton isd

Check the area track and field results. Wharton athletics has many positive hard working kids.

Scoop27??? I believe that every district, if researched, would have some ill advised behaviors by some very low moral students.

But this is a sports forum. Bash wharton as you see fit athletically, I have, but quit running down hard working and successful wjhs and whs athletes to rage a vendetta.

Maybe I missed it but where did scoop say anything negative about Wharton athletes or even students?

All I see is him quoting an article?????

msu97
04-10-2013, 09:27 AM
so am I missing something here? so scoop made this article up only to bash Wharton? so this did not happen so it is not news? I am confused... I mean the link looks real... how is this bashing? this happened... if this event did not happen then there is no story...
holy cow I am confused