PDA

View Full Version : Middle school track sure was a fun ride!

Cam
04-08-2013, 01:23 PM
If I may boast a little.....Burnet's 7th and 8th grade track teams capped off their undefeated season with district championship wins in Brownwood last Friday. Nice going boys!

http://imageshack.us/a/img21/5414/dsc0871t.jpg

Some of the 7th & 8th grade team members after the meet

http://imageshack.us/a/img834/8767/dsc0864bw.jpg

The 7th grade 1600m Relay team. These boys won their race by a good 70 yards! Should be fun to watch them grow. One of them is a star baseball player who throws over 70 already. Plus, he's a QB/LB. Another is a WR/DB. And two of them are RB's albeit different types of runners. One being a slasher, the other a bruiser. And yes, one of them 4 boys is mine. Although I would claim them all if I could! Something funny: Overheard during their race was a gentleman in the stands from Brownwood: "Those Burnet boys must be on some kind of steroids!" We all laughed!....

Go Dawgs!

Other notes: Lampasas & Liberty Hill have some nice talent coming up as well. And Brownwood's Conner Howard (remember that name folks!) is nuts! That boy can scoot!

BEAST
04-08-2013, 04:19 PM
Shoot Cam, I wasnt thinking. I should have stopped by out there Friday and met you.

BEAST

Cam
04-08-2013, 04:29 PM
Shoot Cam, I wasnt thinking. I should have stopped by out there Friday and met you.

BEAST

That's OK BEAST....it would've been nice to meet you....but I ain't nothin' special to meet.....heck, I'm not even the tall, dark, and handsome fella panfan thinks I am!.....but, you did miss some nice runnin' events. Them last two 1600m relays (both 7th & 8th) were fun to watch.....
And I think it was the 8th grade 800m relay that was a blast...Burnet had a nice lead all the way until the anchormen took over....then Conner did his thing...I thought the Burnet kid was gonna hold him off but just couldn't do it.....good stuff...

slingshot
04-08-2013, 05:04 PM
Sounds like fun! I'm still sunburned from spending all day Saturday at our District Jr High meet at Big Spring. Wylie's 7th grade boys got edged out for the team title by Big Spring--1st time in like 18 yrs Wylie has not won district. 8th Grade won going away (again, for like the 18th year in a row)... and yes, my youngest runs on that team (3rd in the 800). Highlight was our 8th Grade 1600 relay setting a new school record of 3:42.5 (or thereabouts). Not bad for a group of 14 year olds!

cookiemonster
04-08-2013, 09:07 PM
Both groups were awesome Cam!!! I sure liked seeing your little one run so well!

Ernest T Bass
04-08-2013, 10:07 PM
There are few things in life worse than having to sit through the middle school mile. 3 things are always going to happen;
1. someone is going to get lapped
2. someone is going to cry
3. someone is not going to finish the race
They all may be the same kid, or 3 different kids, but they all WILL happen

Old Tiger
04-08-2013, 10:17 PM
There are few things in life worse than having to sit through the middle school mile. 3 things are always going to happen;
1. someone is going to get lapped
2. someone is going to cry
3. someone is not going to finish the race
They all may be the same kid, or 3 different kids, but they all WILL happen

Do they do the 2 mile in middle school? That would be double bad

waterboy
04-09-2013, 07:33 AM
Do they do the 2 mile in middle school? That would be double bad

I think they do the 2400m in junior high. At least that's what they do at my daughters' school.

defense51
04-09-2013, 07:41 AM
If I may boast a little.....Burnet's 7th and 8th grade track teams capped off their undefeated season with district championship wins in Brownwood last Friday. Nice going boys!

http://imageshack.us/a/img21/5414/dsc0871t.jpg

Some of the 7th & 8th grade team members after the meet

http://imageshack.us/a/img834/8767/dsc0864bw.jpg

The 7th grade 1600m Relay team. These boys won their race by a good 70 yards! Should be fun to watch them grow. One of them is a star baseball player who throws over 70 already. Plus, he's a QB/LB. Another is a WR/DB. And two of them are RB's albeit different types of runners. One being a slasher, the other a bruiser. And yes, one of them 4 boys is mine. Although I would claim them all if I could! Something funny: Overheard during their race was a gentleman in the stands from Brownwood: "Those Burnet boys must be on some kind of steroids!" We all laughed!....

Go Dawgs!

Other notes: Lampasas & Liberty Hill have some nice talent coming up as well. And Brownwood's Conner Howard (remember that name folks!) is nuts! That boy can scoot!Congrats!

Cam
04-09-2013, 09:14 AM
Both groups were awesome Cam!!! I sure liked seeing your little one run so well!

Thanks cookie......Dang....I've been discovered....and I don't even know who cookiemonster is!.......Another sneaky Burnetian!......the only Sesame Street character I'm familiar with is news anchorman George Snuffleupagus....:thinking:......or is that Stephanopoulos?.......whatever!.....moderators, what do I gotta do to change my name and quick?.......

Cam
04-09-2013, 09:19 AM
Sounds like fun! I'm still sunburned from spending all day Saturday at our District Jr High meet at Big Spring. Wylie's 7th grade boys got edged out for the team title by Big Spring--1st time in like 18 yrs Wylie has not won district. 8th Grade won going away (again, for like the 18th year in a row)... and yes, my youngest runs on that team (3rd in the 800). Highlight was our 8th Grade 1600 relay setting a new school record of 3:42.5 (or thereabouts). Not bad for a group of 14 year olds!

3:42! That is really really good!....average of 55.5 400m per man!....smokin'!!...

MaroonBlood65
04-09-2013, 02:36 PM
I was at the meet. We are proud of our Brownwood athletes who competed very well! Congratulations to the Burnet boys 7th & 8th grade teams, especially since my son is the AD at Burnet.

BEAST
04-09-2013, 02:55 PM
I was at the meet. We are proud of our Brownwood athletes who competed very well! Congratulations to the Burnet boys 7th & 8th grade teams, especially since my son is the AD at Burnet.

Hey, welcome to the board MB65.

BEAST

MaroonBlood65
04-09-2013, 03:09 PM
Thanks! I've been on the site before, but I had never posted anything.

Cam
04-09-2013, 03:37 PM
Thanks! I've been on the site before, but I had never posted anything.

.....see, it takes a Cam to get them to come out of the woodwork!....:D........I demand a raise moderators!....

....and a fine son you have by the way!....