PDA

View Full Version : Rangers

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Txbroadcaster
09-27-2013, 10:14 AM
What if I told you Romo was a space alien who was sent down here to suck all the talent out of the greatest sports franchise in the history of the world?

yea cause the Cowboys from 96-2005 were soooo talented

Deuce
09-27-2013, 10:36 AM
thought this was cool

Jurickson Profar joined Jimmie Foxx in 1928 as the only players in MLB history to hit a pinch-hit, walk-off HR before turning 21

at this point Rangers just have to win..cannot control anything else

One other note..

The last player to hit a walk-off HR at the age of 20 was Miguel Cabrera in 2003.

Also, the last 4 games the Rangers have played against the Angels at The Ballpark have all been won by walk-off HR's!

Macarthur
09-27-2013, 12:37 PM
What if I told you Romo was a space alien who was sent down here to suck all the talent out of the greatest sports franchise in the history of the world?

I would say you've been watching too much ancient aliens.

Deuce
09-28-2013, 07:28 AM
Solid win last night. Need 2 more and a Rays or Indians loss. Game time for today has been moved up to 11:05 am.

Txbroadcaster
09-28-2013, 02:41 PM
They just will not die..going into last day with a chance

Tejastrue
09-28-2013, 05:02 PM
What a gutsy 9th inning relief effort by Nathan in the pouring rain. Darvish on the mound tomorrow. The fat lady has not been able to sing. Hope she's allergic to Japanese. lol.. Go Rangers!!

Deuce
09-28-2013, 05:19 PM
A win tomorrow gets the Rangers at least a 1 game playoff to get into the wildcard game!

SintonFan_inAustin
09-29-2013, 05:08 PM
So is Nelson Cruz going to be in the lineup tomorrow against the Rays?

regaleagle
09-29-2013, 05:17 PM
The bullpen is the Rangers strength. The Rangers will extend their regular season for one more game against the Rays tomorrow in Arlington to see if they can play a tiebreaker at Cleveland for the playoff spot on Wednesday.

SintonFan_inAustin
09-29-2013, 05:19 PM
The bullpen is the Rangers strength. The Rays will extend their regular season for one more game to see if they can play a tiebreaker with Cleveland for the playoff spot.Cleveland won today so they have the top spot and play Wednesday against the winner of Texas and Tampa Bay.

Deuce
09-29-2013, 05:43 PM
Cruz is on the roster for tomorrow. JD said its up to Wash if he wants him in lineup.

bigwood33
09-29-2013, 05:50 PM
Cruz is on the roster for tomorrow. JD said its up to Wash if he wants him in lineup.
I'd bet a sawbuck that Cruz is hitting 6th tomorrow.

regaleagle
09-29-2013, 09:17 PM
Is there any rule for him not to have been working out with the team, their equipment, or their facilities???

bigwood33
09-29-2013, 09:51 PM
He just couldn't be at the ballpark once regular BP started and he couldn't travel with the team.

Tejastrue
09-29-2013, 10:28 PM
Cruz is a liability in RF. DH should be the only option if even that. Pinch hitting maybe...but why mess with the chemistry they have going right now.

D'Highlander
09-30-2013, 05:57 AM
Cruz is a liability in RF. DH should be the only option if even that. Pinch hitting maybe...but why mess with the chemistry they have going right now.

Bingo, he is the DH tonight.

Deuce
09-30-2013, 08:00 AM
Cruz is 9-21 with 3 bombs against Price. I would have him at DH tonight!

panther89
09-30-2013, 09:10 AM
He would be in my line-up against a power pitcher like Price. Move Persynski to C and sit Soto, let Cruz DH. Leave everyone else the same.

panther89
09-30-2013, 09:11 AM
I like Soto, but having Cruz in at DH would be better, even if his timing is not back yet. They say he has been hitting live pitching and working out, so he should be good to go.

Deuce
09-30-2013, 10:02 AM
Cruz has been playing in the Arizona instructional league for the last week. Was 9-27 with 5 doubles, 1 HR and 9 rbi's. This was mostly against A and AA pitchers.

regaleagle
09-30-2013, 12:56 PM
Before the game starts tonite, I would just like to express my sincere support for the Rangers players this season. They have pulled together as a team here in this battle to make the playoffs with their backs absolutely against the wall. It's been a "wishy-washy" (pun intended) season for many of the players, with lots of lost continuity at times, and some second-guessing of which players will be playing most of the time. Under these conditions, it's tough for players to come together as a team and concentrate on the tasks at hand. Personal feelings and doubts can set in and spread across the clubhouse like a virus, causing for concern of the health of the body of the club as a whole. Sometimes these situations are necessary in a season, and to a certain extent it is part of the game. But too much shuffling can be a dangerous thing, also. Now it is do or die, and none of that matters. That's why I think you see the Rangers excelling again. Tonite, if the pitching holds up, I think you will see the Rangers hitting, basestealing, and defense shine. Best of luck to the Rangers tonite as they attempt to do something this organization has never accomplished....rally to win a game to make the playoffs. Regardless of the results, congrats to the PLAYERS for overcoming at a time when all seemed lost. GO RANGERS!!!

SintonFan_inAustin
09-30-2013, 01:01 PM
Before the game starts tonite, I would just like to express my sincere support for the Rangers players this season. They have pulled together as a team here in this battle to make the playoffs with their backs absolutely against the wall. It's been a "wishy-washy" (pun intended) season for many of the players, with lots of lost continuity at times, and some second-guessing of which players will be playing most of the time. Under these conditions, it's tough for players to come together as a team and concentrate on the tasks at hand. Personal feelings and doubts can set in and spread across the clubhouse like a virus, causing for concern of the health of the body of the club as a whole. Sometimes these situations are necessary in a season, and to a certain extent it is part of the game. But too much shuffling can be a dangerous thing, also. Now it is do or die, and none of that matters. That's why I think you see the Rangers excelling again. Tonite, if the pitching holds up, I think you will see the Rangers hitting, basestealing, and defense shine. Best of luck to the Rangers tonite as they attempt to do something this organization has never accomplished....rally to win a game to make the playoffs. Regardless of the results, congrats to the PLAYERS for overcoming at a time when all seemed lost. GO RANGERS!!!:2thumbsup

Rangers win this one, Wednesday going to be tough to beat a Indian team on a tear and at their place. Like the Rangers chances if they get to ALDS against Boston.

caleb_mccaig
09-30-2013, 01:08 PM
Wash is going to have to go back to 2010 Rangers baseball tonight, we need to be extremely aggressive on the base paths. Tampa allowed the 4th most stolen bases in the league this year and with Price on the mound you never know how many guys you're even going to have on base.

Deuce
09-30-2013, 01:11 PM
Wash is going to have to go back to 2010 Rangers baseball tonight, we need to be extremely aggressive on the base paths. Tampa allowed the 4th most stolen bases in the league this year and with Price on the mound you never know how many guys you're even going to have on base.

I would say that Wash has been about as aggressive as you can possibly be over the last week. Expect more of the same tonight!

caleb_mccaig
09-30-2013, 01:20 PM
I would say that Wash has been about as aggressive as you can possibly be over the last week. Expect more of the same tonight!

Yes exactly, and look how well we have played! Keep it up!

SintonFan_inAustin
09-30-2013, 01:20 PM
Rangers will have 4 players that have hit Price pretty good in the lineup, Cruz is 9-for-21 with three home runs , Elvis Andrus (11-for-27), Alex Rios (9-for-26, two homers) and Adrian Beltre (9-for-26, one homer).

Deuce
10-02-2013, 12:09 PM
Bench coach Jackie Moore and 1st base coach Dave Anderson both fired!

D'Highlander
10-02-2013, 12:16 PM

What??? no Moore hugs? :weeping:

Macarthur
10-02-2013, 12:41 PM

Technically, I think they had expiring contracts and they were not renewed.

coach
10-02-2013, 12:54 PM

I hate to see Jackie go.... They need to fire their damn hitting coach

Deuce
10-02-2013, 01:36 PM

Yes!

Tejastrue
10-02-2013, 02:01 PM
Now this ought to solve everything....lol

Farmersfan
10-02-2013, 02:08 PM
Can you say scape goat? Does he have any responsibility for all the runners getting picked off or caught stealing at the worse possible times?

coach
10-02-2013, 02:15 PM
Can you say scape goat? Does he have any responsibility for all the runners getting picked off or caught stealing at the worse possible times?

he might not, but no coach is responsible for ian kinsler getting picked off like he does. With that logic, every int romo has thrown should be the head coachs fault

D'Highlander
10-02-2013, 03:23 PM
With that logic, every int romo has thrown should be the head coachs fault

No its not the head coaches fault, its the OC's fault for the play call. Just so happens last year they were the same guy... :doh:

Farmersfan
10-02-2013, 03:25 PM
he might not, but no coach is responsible for ian kinsler getting picked off like he does. With that logic, every int romo has thrown should be the head coachs fault

I thought it was the 1st base coach that told the player when the steal attempt was a go or not go. Is the "green Light" for Kinsler coming from the bench or from the 1st base coach or does he decide on his own?

Txbroadcaster
10-02-2013, 03:32 PM
I thought it was the 1st base coach that told the player when the steal attempt was a go or not go. Is the "green Light" for Kinsler coming from the bench or from the 1st base coach or does he decide on his own?

Wash has said many times outside of certain hit and run or game situations most of the guys have a green light at all times

coach
10-02-2013, 03:41 PM

that has nothing to do abot getting picked off. its not rons fault for ian not getting back in time after a pickoff attempt. Again, is it jason garretts fault for tony's interceptions bc he told tony to throw it?

D'Highlander
10-04-2013, 03:24 PM
Word is John Daniels and Nolan almost came to blows and Warsh had to break them up :vrycnfsd:

Macarthur
10-04-2013, 03:46 PM
Word is John Daniels and Nolan almost came to blows and Warsh had to break them up :vrycnfsd:

Huh?

D'Highlander
10-04-2013, 03:56 PM
105.3 The Fan in Dallas has been reporting it all day.

https://twitter.com/NewSchoolSS/status/386117371452063745

regaleagle
10-04-2013, 03:58 PM
I think ESPN reported Wash being re-signed for another season. That's what my brother said he heard a couple of days ago. If that's true, you may see Nolan sell his piece of the pie and move on over to the Astros where his son Reid runs things. Just conjecture, but this is a definite possibility. Normally, a man of Nolan's legacy, background, and age will want to support his sons' endeavors and be a part of them, esp. since he has huge ties to the Astros, an interest in AA Corpus Christi Hooks, and an interest in the Round Rock Express( an Astros AAA before swapping with the Rangers for AAA Oklahoma City Drillers). I don't know what may occur, but I definitely feel there is a rift and big difference of opinion going on between JD and Nolan that has been ongoing since last year over the whos and hows to run this Rangers organization. Who to keep and let go, who to go after, and how to get it done. Just my personal opinion from years of following the baseball scene closely and then reading articles or hearing newsworthy tidbits. Of course, not all is reported and some that is reported may be only partially true....just as some things are never reported and kept under wraps. Just don't be surprised if you see Nolan(Hall of Fame under Rangers...not Astros) leave the Rangers organization and kick back in favor of ranching and giving more time to his two boys that are in baseball club operations positions with the Astros.

D'Highlander
10-04-2013, 04:02 PM
I think ESPN reported Wash being re-signed for another season. That's what my brother said he heard a couple of days ago. If that's true, you may see Nolan sell his piece of the pie and move on over to the Astros where his son Reid runs things. Just conjecture, but this is a definite possibility. Normally, a man of Nolan's legacy, background, and age will want to support his son's endeavors and be a part of them, esp. since he has huge ties to the Astros, an interest in AA Corpus Christi Hooks, and an interest in the Round Rock Express( an Astros AAA before swapping with the Rangers for AAA Oklahoma City Drillers). I don't know what may occur, but I definitely feel there is a rift and big difference of opinion going on between JD and Nolan that has been ongoing since last year over the whos and hows to run this Rangers organization. Who to keep and let go, who to go after, and how to get it done. Just my personal opinion from years of following the baseball scene closely and then reading articles or hearing newsworthy tidbits. Of course, not all is reported and some that is reported may be only partially true....just as some things are never reported and kept under wraps. Just don't be surprised if you see Nolan(Hall of Fame under Rangers...not Astros) leave the Rangers organization and kick back in favor of ranching and giving more time to his two boys that are in baseball club operations positions with the Astros.

Right, I heard it got bad when Nolan went to visit Cliff Lee (without JD) a few years ago to get him to come sign with the Rangers. JD didn't want to pay him that kind of money but Nolan did.

Txbroadcaster
10-04-2013, 04:07 PM
Look Nolan is a legend..and been a face of the franchise..but I think people also overrate what he has done for the Rangers to an extent.

Tejastrue
10-04-2013, 04:15 PM
and maybe Daniels has been given a bit too much credit. It appears the heated exchange had something to do with not bringing Jackie Moore back. Can't say that I blame Nolan on that one.

regaleagle
10-04-2013, 04:16 PM
Look...I'm a Gulf Coast son of Texas for 58 yrs. and I think I have a pretty good idea about where the "roots" of Nolan Ryan really lie. It's not only about the management direction or the perception of what people may or may not think....it's all about what Nolan thinks. He's in a position where he has many options....in his private life and in baseball. He can really do what he wants and not think twice about any consequences. I'm just saying he doesn't need the Rangers, that's all. And that at this juncture he could choose another direction that favors more time spent with his family.

Txbroadcaster
10-04-2013, 04:16 PM
and maybe Daniels has been given a bit too much credit. It appears the heated exchange had something to do with not bringing Jackie Moore back. Can't say that I blame Nolan on that one.

depends on how you look at it...alot of people are saying Moore made some major mistakes including telling Beltre to PH to early in a game

Just because you have been in baseball 50 years does not mean at the moment your the best choice...and Moore has said what he said...then claimed he did not say it and then said it again

Also I think we all agree Wash is not best in game manager..I think a diff voice will help

Tejastrue
10-04-2013, 04:21 PM
Jackie was his hand picked replacement for Art Howe if I recall right. That is why I respect Noian..went to bat for Moore, so to speak.

Txbroadcaster
10-04-2013, 04:23 PM
Jackie was his hand picked replacement for Art Howe if I recall right. That is why I respect Noian..went to bat for Moore so to speak.

but again..if Wash is not great at in game stuff either Moore was a yes man or Wash would not listen to him...I still think Wash needs someone who wont just say yes or is better then him

Tejastrue
10-04-2013, 04:25 PM
Dusty Baker is available..lol

Txbroadcaster
10-04-2013, 04:29 PM
I know the Stros hired Reid...but they also fired alot of people very close to Ryan so I dont think it is a sure thing if he leaves the Rangers he I know the Stros hired Reid...but they also fired alot of people very close to Ryan so I dont think it is a sure thing if he leaves the Rangers he goes back to Houston...I also think alot of this is overblown

regaleagle
10-04-2013, 04:33 PM
He may not....but he may just sell his interest in the Rangers in favor of kicking back now and doing his ranching operations while assisting the Stros organization in some consultant role....just to support his boys and keep his hand in baseball. It COULD come to that for him, given his age, pride, and family considerations.

Tejastrue
10-04-2013, 04:38 PM
I know the Stros hired Reid...but they also fired alot of people very close to Ryan so I dont think it is a sure thing if he leaves the Rangers he I know the Stros hired Reid...but they also fired alot of people very close to Ryan so I dont think it is a sure thing if he leaves the Rangers he goes back to Houston...I also think alot of this is overblown

Yes, I agree, and you are going to have this sort of thing when problems arise and a team struggles.

Tejastrue
10-04-2013, 04:40 PM
He may not....but he may just sell his interest in the Rangers in favor of kicking back now and doing his ranching operations while assisting the Stros organization in some consultant role....just to support his boys and keep his hand in baseball. It COULD come to that for him, given his age, pride, and family considerations.

We all know that Nolan has a ton of pride. I'm thinking he is also a man of his word which there seem to be less and less of as the years pass.

Deuce
10-17-2013, 02:29 PM
Nolan Ryan is retiring at the end of the month!

D'Highlander
10-31-2013, 09:04 AM
Ok JD... the offseason is here... time to prove you got it.

heard list night in the telecast the Rangers may target Elsbury. That would be interesting.

coach
10-31-2013, 09:16 AM
Ok JD... the offseason is here... time to prove you got it.

heard list night in the telecast the Rangers may target Elsbury. That would be interesting.

I would target him, Napoli, and Brian McCann

Txbroadcaster
10-31-2013, 09:28 AM
I would target him, Napoli, and Brian McCann

I do not think Nap is going anywhere

Deuce
10-31-2013, 09:34 AM
Don't be surprised if they go after Carlos Beltran as well. Rangers also made a qualifying offer to Cruz yesterday. If he ends up signing somewhere else, Rangers will get another 1st round pick.

D'Highlander
10-31-2013, 09:41 AM
Don't be surprised if they go after Carlos Beltran as well. Rangers also made a qualifying offer to Cruz yesterday. If he ends up signing somewhere else, Rangers will get another 1st round pick.

Personally... if the price is right, I would like to have Cruz back

Deuce
10-31-2013, 09:47 AM
Personally... if the price is right, I would like to have Cruz back

Would love to have him back as a DH!

D'Highlander
10-31-2013, 09:53 AM
Would love to have him back as a DH!

agreed... too much of a liability in the field

Deuce
10-31-2013, 10:26 AM
Also there is a good possibility that Giancarlo Stanton gets traded this year. I am sure the Rangers will try to get in the mix on him.
Newburg reported this morning that Angels are wanting to trade Trumbo for pitching as well.

caleb_mccaig
10-31-2013, 10:59 AM
Also there is a good possibility that Giancarlo Stanton gets traded this year. I am sure the Rangers will try to get in the mix on him.
Newburg reported this morning that Angels are wanting to trade Trumbo for pitching as well.

I would have thought the only time we could have gotten Stanton was this past season. I wanted him more than anything in the world. Now our prospects are exposed. Profar is not an immediate star like Harper, Trout or Puig and will need years to make a big impact and the other person I would have thrown in with Profar for that deal is Perez and personally I think he's untouchable now. He was our best pitcher down the stretch and I don't see us trading him. It would take Profar and then three or four other prospects to get him I think and at that price I think it's too much. We missed out on Abreu unfortunately so I have no idea what we'll do at first base, I think that is a big concern.

Slick50
01-02-2014, 02:29 PM
Who else is ready for this season?

refereedoc
01-03-2014, 06:34 PM
Count me in. I think the Rangers got a real shot to make some noise with the new editions and the pitching staff coming back.

Tejastrue
02-17-2014, 11:57 PM
Wow..

http://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2014/2/17/5420044/matt-garza-angels-contract-offer-vacation

caleb_mccaig
02-18-2014, 09:52 AM
Who else is ready for this season?

It can't start soon enough.

Rabid Cougar
02-18-2014, 09:55 AM
Needs a new thread started for the 2014 Season.