PDA

View Full Version : Coach ejection by umpire in baseball game

Scoop27
04-05-2013, 08:02 PM
Is there any other penalty (like UIL) carried if a baseball coach is ejected from a game by an umpire?
There was a coach in game last night ejected by a umpire. I will not name the coach or school

Additup
04-06-2013, 07:44 AM
School must notify UIL of ejection within 3 school days. Public repremand and one year probation. If coach has not completed the UIL Rules Compliance Program prior to the ejection there's also a one game suspension. Also could have to meet before State Executive Committee.

Scoop27
04-06-2013, 08:51 AM
Thanks for the info Additup

Additup
04-06-2013, 11:12 AM
In Texas, it goes for any coach ejection at any level. Sometimes lower level coaches don't realize this and they can get a school district in a bind. State Executive Committee definitely won't care if the official made a bad call or if the coach was "right". Best advice for coaches is that if you get T-ed up or get a 15 yarder, just shut up, sit down, finish the game and get home...you're walking a fine line. It's more important than winning the game at that point. Your AD, Principal, and Supt won't care who won or why you did it if they have to drive to Austin with you.

Another big no-no involves angry parents and refs after a game...Coach or administrator in charge better step in quick or school districts can get in a big bind.

Matthew328
04-06-2013, 09:38 PM
In Texas, it goes for any coach ejection at any level. Sometimes lower level coaches don't realize this and they can get a school district in a bind. State Executive Committee definitely won't care if the official made a bad call or if the coach was "right". Best advice for coaches is that if you get T-ed up or get a 15 yarder, just shut up, sit down, finish the game and get home...you're walking a fine line. It's more important than winning the game at that point. Your AD, Principal, and Supt won't care who won or why you did it if they have to drive to Austin with you.

Another big no-no involves angry parents and refs after a game...Coach or administrator in charge better step in quick or school districts can get in a big bind.

You'll end up in the Leaguer I know that

XMan
04-06-2013, 10:17 PM
Poor Ricebirds!

Weebe
04-07-2013, 01:59 AM
Poor Ricebirds!

Nice asshole comment. Hope you guys keep doing well in sports no one cares about.

I heard the umpires were bad for both teams that night. Krenek is a good guy. You just can't question balls and strikes.

hookandladder
04-07-2013, 08:12 AM
Nice asshole comment. Hope you guys keep doing well in sports no one cares about.

I heard the umpires were bad for both teams that night. Krenek is a good guy. You just can't question balls and strikes.

Most people that do not care about baseball are the ones that sucked at playing it, that include a lot of football players. Just saying.

Weebe
04-07-2013, 08:17 AM
Most people that do not care about baseball are the ones that sucked at playing it, that include a lot of football players. Just saying.

Not the case here. I enjoyed playing baseball in high school.

It's just insignificant compared to football on the high school level.

hookandladder
04-07-2013, 08:38 AM

I definitely like both sports but I would have to dissagree , Good baseball at the high school and college level rank very close to football. Now Pro baseball, I will not watch. The College World Series in Omaha when it was at Rosenblatt Stadium was the greatest show on dirt, To bad it had to move. Not the same.

YTBulldogs
04-07-2013, 08:58 AM
I definitely like both sports but I would have to dissagree , Good baseball at the high school and college level rank very close to football. Now Pro baseball, I will not watch. The College World Series in Omaha when it was at Rosenblatt Stadium was the greatest show on dirt, To bad it had to move. Not the same.

True, but Omaha sure made a good business creation building a bigger stadium. It's all about the money.

Weebe
04-07-2013, 08:59 AM

For you maybe. But not for the average fan. Look at disparities of crowds for high school football and baseball games.

LibertyCap1799
04-07-2013, 04:11 PM
For you maybe. But not for the average fan. Look at disparities of crowds for high school football and baseball games.

I enjoy football games, I don't enjoy the one track minded coaches that feel the world is a football field. Baseball is a great sport and I think coaches who try to put down other sports are probably in the profession for the wrong reasons. Usually parents, teachers, and community members recognize this and run these losers off

jockcity33
04-08-2013, 10:09 AM

Baseball teaches the same life lessons as football teaches if the coach is doing his job, and maybe a few life lessons that football does not teach.

hookandladder
04-08-2013, 11:23 AM
I enjoy football games, I don't enjoy the one track minded coaches that feel the world is a football field. Baseball is a great sport and I think coaches who try to put down other sports are probably in the profession for the wrong reasons. Usually parents, teachers, and community members recognize this and run these losers off

Nicely said, Agree

hookandladder
04-08-2013, 11:24 AM
Baseball teaches the same life lessons as football teaches if the coach is doing his job, and maybe a few life lessons that football does not teach.

Agree again.

hookandladder
04-08-2013, 11:30 AM
Our baseball coach is stepping down after this season, I know of one Coach for sure that will apply and he is loves football and baseball. Those type of coaches are out there , you just have to be lucky enough to find one. Now it will be up to our school to do what is best for the athlete's , hoping they get it right this time. With my son being a senior it will not matter big time for me however La Grange was a basball town before football, we have the coaches in place to be successful in both sports. Just got to do the right thing.

maestro
04-08-2013, 03:49 PM

I agree
Baseball players who are football players are a great combination

Communities that have coaching staffs that recognize this COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS cause it ain't that way much anymore

cookiemonster
04-08-2013, 09:06 PM
Why do you say that it ain't that way anymore? I think you are wrong about that entire situation!

pancho villa
04-09-2013, 08:42 AM
I see a bunch of you standaround fans are trying to convince each other standaround is a good thing. IT'S FOR N/A'S LOL