PDA

View Full Version : Hamshire-Fannett vs Bridge City

Old Cardinal
09-23-2003, 06:45 PM
Is Bridge City ready to roll though 21-3A? It looks like these two first games are crucial if BC wants to again win a good Playoff berth. I think Coach Tarver has been "sand bagging" till District play begins. Michael Guathier carried the ball only 12 times last Friday, averaging just 7 yards per carry-he has carried 15 times twice before that. Jon Landry is the same way, just a very miminal amount of carries this year, thusfar. BC again played 3 QBs this past weekend-its as if they are readying themselves to fire off all their cannons during district play, only if needed. This has been interesting in that BC continues to play all 27 Varsity players, playing both offense and defense, at some point in the contest. I predict the strategy will work, as District play now starts. They will utilize their top running backs ONLY if need be, trying to be as healthy as possible-- with an eye on a possible Playoff opportunity. H-F would have beat BC at the first game of the year; however, at this point, I think they(BC) has trained enough Sophomore upgrades to win the contest. H-F has all the needed components but top speed, if they can contain well on defense, they can win; however, if they let Gauthier, Armand or Landry get into their secondary, it's Katy-bar-the-door....District play opening season, has been the top strategic objective, for a team without many returnees, to make their debue, as a somewhat cohesive effective football team. If it does not rain, Bridge City will win...

<small>[ September 23, 2003, 07:10 PM: Message edited by: Old Cardinal ]</small>

eagle_fan
09-23-2003, 06:51 PM
B.C wasnt sand bagging against Newton .. they tried all they had and more... thee has been a B.C. scout at every scrimmage and game since Newton started the season .. they probably been hiding in the pine trees at the practice field too . they musta wanted to find out all they could about Newton.. and i guess they did friday night ..... the end

Eagles52
09-23-2003, 08:09 PM
tarver is the coach of HF not Bridge City right? I doubt however that hampshire was "sandbagging" against barbers hill b/c it is just too big of a rivalry. I see Bridge City in a bigger margin of victory than most expect, no disrespect to hampshire I just do not think they have the speed.

Old Cardinal
09-23-2003, 08:24 PM
To Eagles 52: Coach Tarver is in his second year at Bridge City. He use to be at H-F, and he sometimes "sandbagged" over there, also....It's a good strategy to play all your potential players up until District starts. Two big reasons: Training in actual game conditions for those with little Varsity experience and secondly, and most important, to have your speedster backs, primed and ready to win the important Districts games, that require your very best. Your team,. BH, does it to some extent also...All that counts is to get into they playoffs and then let your best effort carry you as for as your have talent to climb...That is a major component that gets District Championships over teams with equal talent at the start of the season that go for broke, without short or long range planning...

exbccards76'smom
09-23-2003, 08:39 PM
Coach Tarver is smart to play everyone and give them some playing time. They might be needed before the season is over. Good luck to the guys this Friday. Let's have a big win. wink

RBARKER
09-24-2003, 07:35 AM
Coach Tarver will lead BC to its first win I beleive , against HF. BH played HF their first game of the year and Old Card is right, their team speed is down this year. It was their first game of the year though so they could have improved. HF is a senior laden team so they should give BC a game . I would say it will be close at the half but BC will tire them down and come out with a win. BC by 7 (Could be more)

hardinplaya
09-24-2003, 10:02 AM
BC will win by two touchdowns or more.

Compudyne
09-24-2003, 12:36 PM
Prediction
Bridge City - 21
Hamshire Fannett - 20

duckbutter
09-24-2003, 01:15 PM
HF 21
BC 17