PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else See Something Wrong With This??

Matthew328
04-04-2013, 07:18 AM
In Texas we have Prime Prep...in Florida they have IMG Academy....ohh yeah the sports marketing giant is also DCTFs parent company....slippery slope indeed here...especially considering IMG if memory serves me correctly does a lot of marketing for the UIL...what happens when Texas kids start enrolling to at IMG to get the sport specific training some feel they may need?

http://www.texasfootball.com/jonesing-for-a-shot/

Aesculus gilmus
04-04-2013, 07:41 AM
In Texas we have Prime Prep...in Florida they have IMG Academy....ohh yeah the sports marketing giant is also DCTFs parent company....slippery slope indeed here...especially considering IMG if memory serves me correctly does a lot of marketing for the UIL...what happens when Texas kids start enrolling to at IMG to get the sport specific training some feel they may need?

http://www.texasfootball.com/jonesing-for-a-shot/

There may be something wrong with this. But this reminds us that the true motto of this country is "Follow the Money." The supposed motto of "In God We Trust" IS printed on the money, after all.

Matthew328
04-04-2013, 07:43 AM
What bugs me is the story appears to be almost like an ad for the school on DCTF's website....

Weebe
04-04-2013, 07:55 AM
That's part of the reason why DCTF has become a joke.

But that's not much different than the UIL being run by the University of Texas. Entirely too much room for self promotion and favoritism.

Matthew328
04-04-2013, 08:02 AM
I'm all for self-promotion within reason...heck I do it at times because sometimes you just gotta get the word out!!!! But for me when you've got potential conflicts of interest etc..I think thats where things get dicey...not saying this can't be managed but its a very slippery slope....IMG has enough money to basically pluck kids up, put em on campus there in Florida thus in the long run hurting the game the UIL is supposed to support and manage....DCTF well...I like Travis and Greg, great guys...but the brand is basically just that a name...they sold out several years back and things are different there than they used to be....

Aesculus gilmus
04-04-2013, 08:41 AM
That's part of the reason why DCTF has become a joke.

But that's not much different than the UIL being run by the University of Texas. Entirely too much room for self promotion and favoritism.

You'd have to prove to me that UT makes money off the UIL. Even if it does, it pales in comparison with what the UT football program brings in, which is still No. 1 in revenue even after several years of the Dodds/Brown combo bringing down the ship.

And a good chunk of the revenue, of course, is directly on point with the issue brought up here — ESPN's Longhorn Network.

BTW, if you're an Aggie and still upset with UT after all the success A&M is having in the last year, it just shows you have an obsession bordering on pathology with what goes on in Austin.

Disclaimer: I am a UT alum, but I am very pleased with A&M's success in the SEC. I think my favorite football game of last season was the one in Tuscaloosa, an upset which I called on here beforehand.

And I seem to recall it was in replying to Aggies who were already looking forward at that time to a Cotton Bowl matchup with "TU." They had completely discounted any possibility of the upset I saw coming.

Weebe
04-04-2013, 10:33 AM
It has nothing to do with money.

For years, Texas sports programs had a competitive advantage by holding state championship events in all sports on their campus.

It's not what it once was, as many of the state championships are being held elsewhere. But it still is an advantage in some sports.