PDA

View Full Version : Mavericks willing to draft Brittney Griner

Scoop27
04-03-2013, 05:28 PM
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/sports&id=9051465

slingshot
04-03-2013, 05:56 PM
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/sports&id=9051465Why not? Not like they could get a lot worse...

Phil C
04-03-2013, 06:03 PM
Go for it Mark!

bigwood33
04-03-2013, 07:51 PM
Can't people take a joke? Give me a break...wouldn't have been able to get on the court if she had played for Dallas Madison this past season...and none of those kids are making the jump to the NBA.

Old Tiger
04-03-2013, 08:26 PM
distract media from your teams suck, brilliant!

Macarthur
04-03-2013, 08:49 PM
Can't people take a joke? Give me a break...wouldn't have been able to get on the court if she had played for Dallas Madison this past season...and none of those kids are making the jump to the NBA.

This. He's just getting in the headlines. She would get killed in the NBA.

Saggy Aggie
04-03-2013, 09:39 PM
The title of my thread sums it up...

Ernest T Bass
04-04-2013, 09:39 AM
She's a man!

bigwood33
04-04-2013, 11:03 AM
She's a man!
What are you saying my friend? Possibly that when "she pulls her groin" she REALLY "pulls" her groin?

Matthew328
04-04-2013, 11:11 AM
I got into a twitter debate about this last night....Griner is a GREAT woman's player but her physical gifts in the women's game simply dont translate...and the response I got was "She plays pickup games all the time w/guys who are in the NBA" LOL A pickup game is NOTHING like an NBA game or practice..the level of physical play is off the charts...its a total publicity stunt but hey maybe it needs to happen to quiet the crazies down that actually think she could play in the NBA

jason
04-04-2013, 11:22 AM
She is 6'8" 175 lbs.
Lebron is 6'8" 275 lbs.

</closeargument>

Rabid Cougar
04-04-2013, 11:40 AM
I will not argue about what she did against women...but if she thought the Louisville game was rough and phyical.... yea let her go there.

Ernest T Bass
04-04-2013, 12:05 PM
I was pretty sure he was a dude before; but after he didn't play in the Olympics, I was convinced.

Old Tiger
04-04-2013, 12:10 PM
He barely has a vertical

Macarthur
04-04-2013, 12:17 PM
I got into a twitter debate about this last night....Griner is a GREAT woman's player but her physical gifts in the women's game simply dont translate...and the response I got was "She plays pickup games all the time w/guys who are in the NBA" LOL A pickup game is NOTHING like an NBA game or practice..the level of physical play is off the charts...its a total publicity stunt but hey maybe it needs to happen to quiet the crazies down that actually think she could play in the NBA

First, I would be very skeptical of these 'pick up' games against NBA guys. Very skeptical.

And you are right, most folks really don't understand how physical the NBA game is unless you see it fairly up close. Her major advantage in women's was that she was at least 3" taller than anyone she played. In the NBA, 6'8" is average. And as others have said, she is lean and not known for a power game in women's college; I can't even imagine what a 6'10" power forward would do to her. Frankly, it would be embarrasing for her.

i can't remember where I saw it, but someone linked a contest that I think a Boston radio station did. The jist was that the 12th guy on the Celtics bench (some white stiff) was to be challenged by anyone in one-on-one. There were tons of guys that maybe played college or were some sort of play ground legends. The result was that the white stiff on the back of the NBA bench absolutely killed all comers.

The point is that even the worst guy in the NBA is so far beyond even guys that were good in college, it's not even funny. Griner would struggle with a good boys HS team like Dallas Kimball.