PDA

View Full Version : Tatoos

ronwx5x
04-02-2013, 07:47 AM
Seems that many high school athletes find tatoos to be a great choice in today's world. Now I will admit that I am not a fan of tats, never had one and never will, but then I am old and old school. Since tatoos are a personal choice, I'm wondering if many (most?) people who get them at a youngish age regret it later? I'm not speaking to the young folks who have had one for a year or two, I'm more interested in those who have had one for a number of years. Are you sorry, glad or indifferent? This is for discussion and I'm not pointing fingers or disrespecting other people's choices.

pancho villa
04-02-2013, 08:05 AM
I have 2 and don't regret it at all. I am going to get 1 or 2 more when I get around to it.

Saggy Aggie
04-02-2013, 09:10 AM
My mom has had one since she was in her early 20's

I don't think she regrets getting the tattoo, I think she just wishes she would've gotten it somewhere other than her calf so every time she wears shorts its not out for the whole world to see.

Manso/V8
04-02-2013, 09:20 AM
I think she just wishes she would've gotten it somewhere other than her calf so every time she wears shorts its not out for the whole world to see.

That sounds like she regrets it.

Saggy Aggie
04-02-2013, 09:41 AM
Yeah she regrets where she got it. She would like to keep the tattoo, just in a different place.

Personally I think it's stupid all together but to each their own

pirate4state
04-02-2013, 09:43 AM
No regrets here. I only have one. Every once in a while I think about getting another one, but then I remember that it hurt like hell the first time around!! :wave:

coachc45
04-02-2013, 09:49 AM
I have 8. Got my first one when I was 31. I have since collected more. Most of them are in places that can't be seen. I do have one on the back of my right calf so when I coach in shorts every sees it. Have never regretted any of them, they all have meaning and purpose. The calf one has caused me trouble at jobs, mainly Brownsboro, they required me to cover it when coaching so I walked around with an Ace bandage. Everyone always asked what happened to my leg, I just told them that I accidently backed into a needle 5000 times! lol

GrTigers6
04-02-2013, 10:24 AM
I dont have any, not because Im against it. Its just that I havent found one I couldnt live without! My wife wants one buts hasnt figured out where. Mostly in memory of her best friend who passed away last year in a car accident.

ccmom
04-02-2013, 11:01 AM
I have one that I got when I was in college. I'm thinking I was around 20 years old. Back then, the "in" thing was to get it on your ankle. Well, my friends all did that, but I knew my parents would flip so I put it on my left shoulder blade area, thinking I could hide that pretty easily. I promise you 90% of the people I know have no idea I have one, and would probably be shocked to learn that I do. In hindsight, it was a silly decision. I am not against tattoos, but mine is absolutely meaningless. At the time, I just thought it was "cute". I guess my biggest regret is that I didn't choose something that held some sort of meaning for me. Oh well... at least it's not someone's name! ha

hookandladder
04-02-2013, 11:07 AM
Yeah she regrets where she got it. She would like to keep the tattoo, just in a different place.

Personally I think it's stupid all together but to each their own

Plus one here, just do not think I need one for any reason.

Cam
04-02-2013, 11:08 AM
Kenny Vaccaro says his tattoos grew naturally......never had one in his life......

Cam
04-02-2013, 11:30 AM
Ok I'll fess up....I've got one tattoo...but it's for beneficial purposes only!....I've got a small "target" symbol with the letters A, G, R right below the target. This tattoo is right in the middle of my testicles.....and it's only there to assist my doctor when she checks for hernias......Oh, and what do the letters A,G,R mean you may ask? Well, nothing actually. Unless you stretch the skin out just a bit...then it reads: "PLACE FINGER HERE"!!.........and that's about the extent of my tattoo history.......carry on folks, this tattoo talk could get interesting......

is football season here yet?......

44INAROW
04-02-2013, 01:39 PM
I have a small tatoo above my right ankle.. I guess I've had it 10 years or so.. One of "those girls weekend" things lol... I don't regret it - I feel tatoos are OK in moderation - piercings give me the creeps.......... not sure why

Cam
04-02-2013, 01:50 PM
I have a small tatoo above my right ankle.. I guess I've had it 10 years or so.. One of "those girls weekend" things lol... I don't regret it - I feel tatoos are OK in moderation - piercings give me the creeps.......... not sure why

piercings give me the creeps too! Especially the ones on the lips. you gotta figure a tiny hole near the mouth is bound to collect fluids and such....causing a stink!....just thinkin' about it makes me want to go eat a banana split!.....Anybody game for Dairy Queen?....

pirate4state
04-02-2013, 02:27 PM

mine is above my left ankle.

The night I got my tattoo, my 18 year old cousin got hers and my other cousin pierced his tongue. :crazy: Aside from me being a baby about the pain; it was a fun night!! Lots of laughs. :)

pirate4state
04-02-2013, 02:30 PM
569 haha

ccmom
04-02-2013, 02:34 PM
569 haha

hahaha

bobcat1
04-02-2013, 02:57 PM
I got on e after a night of drinking tequila :crazy1:at 19 years old. It was about 2:30am before I was drunk enough to be talked into it by my friends. They paid for it and everything.:rolleyes: We all got one on are right arms of our zodiac sign. I have a Lion tattooed on my arm because I am a Leo. I thought my Mom was going to disown me. This was back in the mid 70's. If I had to do it all over I would have drank beer and not got the tattoo.

BwdLion73
04-02-2013, 03:00 PM
I got on e after a night of drinking tequila :crazy1:at 19 years old. It was about 2:30am before I was drunk enough to be talked into it by my friends. They paid for it and everything.:rolleyes: We all got one on are right arms of our zodiac sign. I have a Lion tattooed on my arm because I am a Leo. I thought my Mom was going to disown me. This was back in the mid 70's. If I had to do it all over I would have drank beer and not got the tattoo.

:inlove: A leaping Lion?:)

Old Tiger
04-02-2013, 03:37 PM
quit being old bastards...tattoos aren't the devil

ronwx5x
04-02-2013, 05:54 PM

So far it looks like 4 "older" have said they have one and no regrets. 3 "older" have said they don't like them. Not one person has called them "the devil"or even made a personal comment on anyone else having one. Only one "young" person has reported so far and he is against them. That's hardly a bunch of old b*****ds being totally against them Once again, get your facts straight before commenting.

BwdLion73
04-02-2013, 06:32 PM
I think there are two different camps in the tattoo department, people who get a tattoo that represents a part of their life and people that seem to be waiting for their income tax rebate to get the latest shocker that says look at me I'm cool.

My dad who passed away several years back had a tattoo from his time in North Africa and the Normandy invasion. I find that far different than some of the things i see today. I know from talking to my Dad that some "Old Bastards" saw the Devil back then.

bobcat1
04-02-2013, 07:06 PM

Quit being a wannabe.

Old Tiger
04-02-2013, 10:10 PM
So far it looks like 4 "older" have said they have one and no regrets. 3 "older" have said they don't like them. Not one person has called them "the devil"or even made a personal comment on anyone else having one. Only one "young" person has reported so far and he is against them. That's hardly a bunch of old b*****ds being totally against them Once again, get your facts straight before commenting.

I hardly read threads anymore. Just look for a title or subject that interest me and go in and make a post with my opinion or comment made in jest.

Sent from Heaven using Tapatalk

Tejastrue
04-02-2013, 10:27 PM
Say what??? :devil:

http://fashbulk.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/devil-2.jpg

Manso/V8
04-02-2013, 11:02 PM
How 'bout when they become less defined or even blurry as the years go by.
I've seen plenty of older fellas who got them in the Navy and their arms look like they have purple blobs on them.

Even on the younger folks, those tats seem to look a little less cool after they gain enough weight to distort the image a bit.

Rabid Cougar
04-03-2013, 10:27 AM
My Granddad had four on his arms from WWII and never showed them in public. He said he was young and stupid. I have also seen LOTS of tats with Names and dates on young soldiers arms and legs. You don't need an explanation for those. Also have seen lots of sleeves on them too. Personally, I don't care for them. I don't have any negative feeling for those that do. (Well, I do question those with face and neck tats. Are you just asking not to get hired?) Really.....to each his own.

Now the question......"Would I allow my sons to have one?" I showed them what 60 grit sand paper on a belt sander can do to marks-a-lot markings on a 2x4. What they do when they are on their own is up to them.

panfan
04-03-2013, 10:47 AM
My Granddad had four on his arms from WWII and never showed them in public. He said he was young and stupid. I have also seen LOTS of tats with Names and dates on young soldiers arms and legs. You don't need an explanation for those. Also have seen lots of sleeves on them too. Personally, I don't care for them. I don't have any negative feeling for those that do. (Well, I do question those with face and neck tats. Are you just asking not to get hired?) Really.....to each his own.

Now the question......"Would I allow my sons to have one?" I showed them what 60 grit sand paper on a belt sander can do to marks-a-lot markings on a 2x4. What they do when they are on their own is up to them.

Have I thought about getting one - sure. Almost did a few times, til I saw the old man in that drunken cloud bubble stairing down at me with that look of disappointment. He too was a WWII vet, but didn't have any, expected none of his boys to have any either. I told my son, don't have much against 'em, but don't think for a second that you are getting one til your 18. Same for any piercings. By then, you can make your own decisions. Figure if you can vote and go off and fight in a war, you can decorate your body how you choose. I like the 60 grit sandpaper thing - might have to use that one!

Bullaholic
04-03-2013, 01:13 PM
I promise you 90% of the people I know have no idea I have one

I want to hear from some of those 10%ers, ccmom :D.....Anyone???

Ville-D
04-03-2013, 02:02 PM
I want to hear from some of those 10%ers, ccmom :D.....Anyone???

Just keep it in a PM, we don't want to know here.

Ernest T Bass
04-03-2013, 03:06 PM
Got my first one at 18 and later had it removed. Didn't get another until I was 30(now have 2 with plans for another). What Ive learned from it is to make sure you can always easily hide it.

ronwx5x
04-03-2013, 04:27 PM
Got my first one at 18 and later had it removed. Didn't get another until I was 30(now have 2 with plans for another). What Ive learned from it is to make sure you can always easily hide it.

Why did you have the first one removed? Too visible?

Old Tiger
04-04-2013, 07:42 AM

Lower back?

Ernest T Bass
04-04-2013, 09:29 AM
Why did you have the first one removed? Too visible?

Yep, too hard to hide.

DUKE22
04-04-2013, 04:19 PM
I have got three of them and dont regret a single one. One of them is the mascot where I graduated from college. its a personal choice but it is a good idea to get something you wont mind your kids or grandkids asking about.

bobcat1
04-04-2013, 06:40 PM
Lower back?

:spitlol:

Manso/V8
04-05-2013, 09:42 AM
Lower back?

Is it a "Lucky Me!" tat on the lower back?

Ernest T Bass
04-06-2013, 10:25 AM
Is it a "Lucky Me!" tat on the lower back?

No, it's Old Tiger's mom's name.

LH Panther Mom
04-08-2013, 06:16 PM
No, it's Old Tiger's mom's name.
OMG! :spitlol:

pancho villa
04-09-2013, 08:48 AM
I'm going to get one on my arm. (A band) That says

MSPANCHOVILLAPANCHITAPANCHOJUNIORVIVACERVEZA