PDA

View Full Version : Baseball starts tonight!!

Saggy Aggie
03-31-2013, 12:12 PM
Astros and rangers.

Astros start their World Series year that shocks everyone tonight :)

YTBulldogs
03-31-2013, 12:21 PM
Loss #1 of what will be a record setting season for those IMO by the Astros. I miss my NL Astros. Go Nat's.

Roughneck93
03-31-2013, 06:23 PM
Astros and rangers.

Astros start their World Series year that shocks everyone tonight :)

:2thumbsup

It's going to be tough deciding who to cheer for...:confused:

cougartino
03-31-2013, 07:19 PM
Take a good look at that crowd at the juicebox. I guarantee you won't see much of that this year.

Saggy Aggie
03-31-2013, 08:13 PM
Good game so far :)

Pitchers pitching well. Not much solid contact from either lineup

Saggy Aggie
03-31-2013, 08:27 PM
As soon as I say that, the Astros crank out 3 hits in a row and score 2 runs :)

Saggy Aggie
03-31-2013, 08:43 PM
Astros up 4-0!!

Ya gotta have faith!

Saggy Aggie
03-31-2013, 09:05 PM
Norris pulled after 5 2/3 giving up 2 runs and responsible for 2 runners.

Astros trying to hold off the rangers rally :/

Saggy Aggie
03-31-2013, 09:25 PM
3 run homer!!!

Suck it ranger fans!

Tejastrue
03-31-2013, 10:09 PM
Nice win for the Stros..enjoy it while it lasts Saggy.

Saggy Aggie
03-31-2013, 10:11 PM
Astros are in 1st place. Rangers are in last. Fact.

LOL

Happy Easter everyone

Roughneck93
03-31-2013, 10:35 PM
Astros are in 1st place. Rangers are in last. Fact.

LOL

Happy Easter everyone

Saw this fun fact on SportsCenter...

'Stros are in sole possession of 1st place for the 1st time since April 20, 2007. :)

Bull Butter
03-31-2013, 10:38 PM
1 down, 161 to go! :D

Saggy Aggie
04-01-2013, 12:53 AM
1 down, 161 to go! :D

Lol, my thoughts exactly.

I'm looking forward to the 162-0 record breaking season the "rebuilding" astros are about to unleash on MLB haha

Phil C
04-01-2013, 08:58 AM
Unfortunately neither one is World Series material.

YTBulldogs
04-01-2013, 09:03 AM
Lol, my thoughts exactly.

I'm looking forward to the 162-0 record breaking season the "rebuilding" astros are about to unleash on MLB haha

Bo would rather you say "Under Construction" Astros.

YTBulldogs
04-01-2013, 09:06 AM
Unfortunately neither one is World Series material.

Yup. No way a 16M payroll has the depth and Rangers lost too much and didn't replace the lost talent. 16M total team payroll is something. "If" all the MLB teams did that, we could get the beer's down to a buck, hot dogs a quarter, box seats for $15.

Saggy Aggie
04-01-2013, 09:08 AM
All the doubters said the Astros wouldn't win last night.

World Series here we come!

Lmao

BwdLion73
04-01-2013, 09:28 AM
I heard on a local show this morning that A-Rods salary is more than the entire Astros lineup.

ethsfbnut
04-01-2013, 09:44 AM
Looks like it`s gonna be a long year for the Rangers. Luck to Astros and fans. Carry AL west banner high.

buff4ever
04-01-2013, 11:22 AM
Looks like it`s gonna be a long year for the Rangers. Luck to Astros and fans. Carry AL west banner high.

You base this on one game? That is funny. I am a astros fan even when we suck. I also don't thing that the Rangers are what they have been the last few years, but I would base anything in baseball off of one game. The worse team in the league can beat the best team in the league once in however many games.

Weebe
04-01-2013, 11:37 AM
1 down, 16 to go! :d

fify

Saggy Aggie
04-01-2013, 12:56 PM
fify

haha i asked siri who the crappiest team in baseball was and it told me the Rangers. :)

refereedoc
04-01-2013, 01:58 PM

Disastros won the opener over the Nats last year 11-4, then 54 wins later the season was over:taunt:

Saggy Aggie
04-01-2013, 02:34 PM
Firstros

Saggy Aggie
04-01-2013, 02:41 PM
Hey ranger fans, at least y'all signed Andrus through 2022 today...

GrTigers6
04-01-2013, 02:45 PM
Hey ranger fans, at least y'all signed Andrus through 2022 today...Go Ahead astro fans and get it out of your system because you are gonna be crying before too long! :D

Saggy Aggie
04-01-2013, 03:03 PM
:)

I'm just having a little fun.

It's tough to be an Astros fan these days so I gotta rub it in while I got a chance!

But one things for damn sure, you won't find a bigger Astros fan than yours truly and I support my teams through thick and thin. I think any real sports fan can respect that

GrTigers6
04-01-2013, 03:19 PM
:)

I'm just having a little fun.

It's tough to be an Astros fan these days so I gotta rub it in while I got a chance!

But one things for damn sure, you won't find a bigger Astros fan than yours truly and I support my teams through thick and thin. I think any real sports fan can respect thatYeah Me to because I have no Idea what my rangers are gonna do this year.

Saggy Aggie
04-02-2013, 09:11 AM
Happy 2nd day of the season guys!

ethsfbnut
04-02-2013, 04:35 PM
You base this on one game? That is funny. I am a astros fan even when we suck. I also don't thing that the Rangers are what they have been the last few years, but I would base anything in baseball off of one game. The worse team in the league can beat the best team in the league once in however many games.

Buff... written with a little sarcasm. Am a big time Ranger fan. 2011 and 2012 were great, except for game 6 in `12. Was a Colt 45 fan when they started. Couldn`t believe Texas had a MLB team. Then Senators moved to Arlington, and the Rangers were my team.

Correct that Rangers may not be what they were last several years. But damn it`d be great to beat out Angels and rest of AL west.

At least all the away division games will be over before midnight.

ethsfbnut
04-02-2013, 04:39 PM
Hey ranger fans, at least y'all signed Andrus through 2022 today...

Yea, thought that was a good move. And my wife got a Andrus jersey for Xmas. Good for another 10 years hopefully.

ethsfbnut
04-02-2013, 04:44 PM
Buff... written with a little sarcasm. Am a big time Ranger fan. 2011 and 2012 were great, except for game 6 in `12. Was a Colt 45 fan when they started. Couldn`t believe Texas had a MLB team. Then Senators moved to Arlington, and the Rangers were my team.

Correct that Rangers may not be what they were last several years. But damn it`d be great to beat out Angels and rest of AL west.

At least all the away division games will be over before midnight.

Got my dates messed. Meant 2010 and 2011 seasons.

Saggy Aggie
04-02-2013, 08:54 PM
Darvish has a perfect game through 6 with 11 strikeouts....

Dude is DEALING.

Saggy Aggie
04-02-2013, 09:17 PM
Darvish perfect through 7. 12 K's

Saggy Aggie
04-02-2013, 09:26 PM
5-0 Rangers

:(

Tejastrue
04-02-2013, 09:42 PM
Ah yes..things are back to normal and Darvish is perfect through 8.

Scoop27
04-02-2013, 10:03 PM
Our DirecTV has been up and down all night (moslyt down) with all the rain here in Wharton area-But we need the rain-guess I can watch the re-runs on Sports Center

Tejastrue
04-02-2013, 10:07 PM
Darvish loses no hitter/perfect game with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th. Kirkman finishes. Rangers win 7-0.

Saggy Aggie
04-02-2013, 10:09 PM
Haha lost the perfect game with 2 outs in the 9th.

Suck it Rangers

Tejastrue
04-02-2013, 10:13 PM
Maybe it should be... haha Houston got their first hit/base runner with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th. Suck Ass tros.

Saggy Aggie
04-02-2013, 10:15 PM
Haha mad ranger fan ^

Tejastrue
04-02-2013, 10:18 PM
lol quite the contrary

BwdLion73
04-02-2013, 10:22 PM
You guys are going to have a long season. LOL

Saggy Aggie
04-03-2013, 12:09 AM
Hahaha I love giving all my ranger fan friends crap.

They're dishing it hard these days but I like where Houston is headed... And let's not forget it took decades of being in the cellar for the rangers to put together a couple decent years ;)

YTBulldogs
04-03-2013, 08:20 AM
When you only have a 16M payroll, tells me Houston new ownership is in it for profit and not wins. You don't rebuild, under construction, with that payroll. This pace, Houston may never return to the playoffs again in my life time, or the current owners atleast. Man, I thought Drayton was tight. Now that they are in the AL, I really could careless. Houston fan's are getting hosed though.

ethsfbnut
04-03-2013, 09:15 AM
Are the Astro fans as uninterested in MLB as it appeared on tv? Looked to be a lot of empty seats for game 2 of the season after opening day win.

Big battle this afternoon for early lead in chase for " silver boot". Go Rangers!!!

Saggy Aggie
04-03-2013, 09:57 AM
Astros get the series win this afternoon!

YTBulldogs
04-03-2013, 10:18 AM
Are the Astro fans as uninterested in MLB as it appeared on tv? Looked to be a lot of empty seats for game 2 of the season after opening day win.

Big battle this afternoon for early lead in chase for " silver boot". Go Rangers!!!

Would you go watch that stuff on the field?

Saggy Aggie
04-03-2013, 11:14 AM
Would you go watch that stuff on the field?

Sure would.

I've already been and will go again more this year.

I enjoy watching the young guys compete and get better and I have a great time when I go to the games regardless of the outcome

YTBulldogs
04-03-2013, 12:53 PM
Sure would.

I've already been and will go again more this year.

I enjoy watching the young guys compete and get better and I have a great time when I go to the games regardless of the outcome

You and about 10,000 other Astro fan's were there to witness that on field product. Pena ain't that young.

msu97
04-03-2013, 01:02 PM
Crane is making some mistakes as owner, however... he was hosed into moving into the American League by Bud, that was the agreement in letting him purchase the Astros...

also, under Uncle Drayton, the Astros had one of the worst farm systems in the majors... they are now currently in the top 15... Crane is building the franchise correctly...

Tejastrue
04-03-2013, 01:12 PM
Not sure why so many think the Rangers will be bad this year. Their starting lineup last night I'd put against any in the majors, except maybe right field defensively. We are also much better at the catcher's position with Pierzinski and Soto. Pitching has always been a question. Harrison will be fine and hopefully Colby Lewis will be back in May and be that same workhorse. I look for both Ogando and Holland to be solid. Of course Darvish will be the key. I'm not ready to concede the year so soon. Go Rangers!

YTBulldogs
04-03-2013, 01:40 PM
Crane is making some mistakes as owner, however... he was hosed into moving into the American League by Bud, that was the agreement in letting him purchase the Astros...

also, under Uncle Drayton, the Astros had one of the worst farm systems in the majors... they are now currently in the top 15... Crane is building the franchise correctly...

I agree with the farm, but--you can still spend some money on the current rebuilding. They have 2 above average position players IMO. Altuve and Carter. 1 proven pitcher, Humber. Spend more, and you could compete, and maybe draw in the fans. Yes, Selig screwed us Astro NL fans, and I will never forgive him from taking my team away. His Brewers should of been the team back in the AL, since they were the last to come to the NL.

Ville-D
04-03-2013, 02:05 PM
A blown perfect game on the 27th batter is even more rare than the perfect game. It has happened only 11 times (according to wikipedia and we know that's always right).

Saggy Aggie
04-03-2013, 02:16 PM

Ever ranking I've seen has Houston's farm in the top 10, including a few that have the Astros farm in the top 5.

This coming from a farm that was ranked dead last just 2 years ago.

These have been necessary trades and there's no reason to have a high payroll with the players they have. Better to suck for a couple years, let your minor league talent develop and then spend money to complement your own talent that you've brought up.

Astros are headed in the right direction and I'm not going to stop being a fan because times are tough or they moved to the AL. People like that weren't true fans to begin with.

msu97
04-03-2013, 02:24 PM
there are several different things I have seen and I was thinking top 10 but went safe and went top 15...
and agreed, no need to overpay for a free agent to help a team that is rebuilding... maybe next year or the year after they can look to add pieces through free agency... but right now... I like the way this team looks...
I look for Norris to be dealt for more prospects as the year progresses... only sweeten the minor league pickings...

GrTigers6
04-03-2013, 02:39 PM
A blown perfect game on the 27th batter is even more rare than the perfect game. It has happened only 11 times (according to wikipedia and we know that's always right).Interesting!:thinking:

Saggy Aggie
04-03-2013, 02:41 PM
there are several different things I have seen and I was thinking top 10 but went safe and went top 15...
and agreed, no need to overpay for a free agent to help a team that is rebuilding... maybe next year or the year after they can look to add pieces through free agency... but right now... I like the way this team looks...
I look for Norris to be dealt for more prospects as the year progresses... only sweeten the minor league pickings...

Yeah Norris is next.

And if Harrell keeps pitching well, he might be gone as well. Remember he won 11 games on a team that went 55-107. That's insane.

I'd like to see Lyles go. I don't think he's got the talent to be what they want him to be. Fastball is weak.

I'm excited to see Cosart and McCullers in the future as well as Peacock now.

I think Springer and Singleton will be up sooner than later and Grossman looked really good during spring training.

I'm not a fan of players like Pena or Cedeno but they're just stop gaps for now. No worries there

YTBulldogs
04-03-2013, 02:58 PM
Ever ranking I've seen has Houston's farm in the top 10, including a few that have the Astros farm in the top 5.

These have been necessary trades and there's no reason to have a high payroll with the players they have. Better to suck for a couple years, let your minor league talent develop and then spend money to complement your own talent that you've brought up.

Astros are headed in the right direction and I'm not going to stop being a fan because times are tough or they moved to the AL. People like that weren't true fans to begin with.

Totally agree not spending a penny more for the players currently on their roster. Maybe a rebate is in order there? But, those other FA's that were out there would of been nice. I was a fan (season ticket holder for several years), but--a NL fan. You know, real baseball.

If you gonna throw in the towel for a couple years, fine. Reduce the cost to go to a game and beer, hot dogs, etc. Cause, you are not offering the customer your best efforts to win.

YTBulldogs
04-03-2013, 04:26 PM
Houston would be hitters K'd 43 times in 3-game Rangers series.:ack!:

Saggy Aggie
04-03-2013, 05:05 PM
Totally agree not spending a penny more for the players currently on their roster. Maybe a rebate is in order there? But, those other FA's that were out there would of been nice. I was a fan (season ticket holder for several years), but--a NL fan. You know, real baseball.

If you gonna throw in the towel for a couple years, fine. Reduce the cost to go to a game and beer, hot dogs, etc. Cause, you are not offering the customer your best efforts to win.

Ticket prices are stupid cheap and they're allowing you to bring your own food/drink into the games...

Roughneck93
04-05-2013, 07:16 PM

:iagree:

With all the young arms the Astros have acquired, I like that they are going with tandem starting pitching in the minors. It's going to be interesting to see how that works out.

Saggy Aggie
04-05-2013, 08:12 PM
Houston would be hitters K'd 43 times in 3-game Rangers series.:ack!:

Astros have struck out 5 times already and we're only 6 outs into the game....