PDA

View Full Version : Romo 6 year extension

Saggy Aggie
03-29-2013, 03:14 PM
Haha

FF probably loves this

Roughneck93
03-29-2013, 03:20 PM
Reportedly Tony is getting more guaranteed money than Flacco just received.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/29/report-deal-done-romo-gets-more-guaranteed-money-than-flacco/

Eagle 1
03-29-2013, 05:16 PM
:dispntd:

JJ is :crazy:

bobcat1
03-29-2013, 06:48 PM
I think I have average intelligence. Why does the idiot that owns the Cowboys seem to be a big dummy. Hats off to Romo. Heck of a job negotiating. Must have a really good picture of Jerry in a comprising position.

Old Tiger
03-30-2013, 09:37 AM
haha 6 year extension for a QB who will be 33 at the beginning of the season.

Trashman
04-01-2013, 09:22 AM
6 more years of 8 and 8 football....at best.

Bullaholic
04-01-2013, 09:47 AM
Somebody better check on Farmer...:D

buff4ever
04-01-2013, 11:15 AM
this was not a good move for the Cowboys. As Romo gets older, he will not be as good at the only thing he is better than average at, escaping sacks. So even if we get the best line in the league, which is what the romo sexuals are waiting on to prove that he can win, we will at that point only have a average quarterback for one that sits in the pocket.

Bullaholic
04-01-2013, 11:21 AM
I have a solution to the player compensation problem in the NFL.....

1. Base player pay on the number of games won and individual player stats.

2. Owners write one check and give it to the players and let them decide how much each player receives.

Unrealistic, but I sure would like to see it.

coach
04-01-2013, 02:10 PM
this was not a good move for the Cowboys. As Romo gets older, he will not be as good at the only thing he is better than average at, escaping sacks. So even if we get the best line in the league, which is what the romo sexuals are waiting on to prove that he can win, we will at that point only have a average quarterback for one that sits in the pocket.

Sits in the pocket? Huh? This post just screams ignorance lol

Farmersfan
04-01-2013, 02:15 PM
Romo wasn't worth this kind of money when he was at his best. Can't blame Romo for taking what he can get but Jerry Jones is a moron...................

Saggy Aggie
04-01-2013, 02:35 PM
Romo wasn't worth this kind of money when he was at his best. Can't blame Romo for taking what he can get but Jerry Jones is a moron...................

Lol I agree with FF for the first time ever!

Macarthur
04-01-2013, 03:24 PM
http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/story/Romo-contract-makes-sense-for-Cowboys?blockID=886961&feedID=10194

Sturm is usually always a voice of reason.

Roughneck93
04-01-2013, 04:38 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1821727/JERRYDEALWITHIT.gif

:D

Gone Fishing
04-01-2013, 09:57 PM
Not firing Romo is just funny. He is not a gamer and has proven that year after year. I am not a cowboy fan, so no dog in the fight, it just makes no sense, unless there is way more than the average jock and sports guy don't know.... I can think of 20 qb's (in 10 seconds) in the last 20 years that blow him away in every possible way. There is something that no one knows about, because an owner would never be that stupid....

OldNavy
04-02-2013, 05:39 AM
... There is something that no one knows about, because an owner would never be that stupid....

Yea, but you probably think no owner would fire Jimmy Johnson and hire barry Switzer either! Come on man, give the guy some credit!

Farmersfan
04-02-2013, 02:04 PM
http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/story/Romo-contract-makes-sense-for-Cowboys?blockID=886961&feedID=10194

Sturm is usually always a voice of reason.

Bob Sturm is a moron and a Romosexual................... Did Romo make this team better? Of course he did. Romo was a improvement over what this team had in 2001 - 2005. But let's not be fooled into thinking the rest of the team didn't also improve over that time frame. Those 07' Cowboys that went 13-3 and put a record breaking 13 in the Pro Bowl are what has padded Romo's stats since he took over. Other than that Romo can boast about a single 11-5 season and a single playoff appearance/win. All of Romo's other seasons have been almost identical to those 2001-2005 seasons that Sturm harkens back to in his justification for giving Tony Romo this kind of money. Without the single 13-3 season Romo improved this team to exactly 3 games over .500 for the rest of his career. That's a 6 game improvement over a 7 year career....................

Cam
04-02-2013, 02:06 PM
Bob Sturm is a moron and a Romosexual................... Did Romo make this team better? Of course he did. Romo was a improvement over what this team had in 2001 - 2005. But let's not be fooled into thinking the rest of the team didn't also improve over that time frame. Those 07' Cowboys that went 13-3 and put a record breaking 13 in the Pro Bowl are what has padded Romo's stats since he took over. Other than that Romo can boast about a single 11-5 season and a single playoff appearance/win. All of Romo's other seasons have been almost identical to those 2001-2005 seasons that Sturm harkens back to in his justification for giving Tony Romo this kind of money. Without the single 13-3 season Romo improved this team to exactly 3 games over .500 for the rest of his career. That's a 6 game improvement over a 7 year career....................

.....what does that bald-headed Sturm know anyway.....he's a hockey guy!!!......

Macarthur
04-02-2013, 02:09 PM
Say what you will, but Sturm is not a moron. :dispntd:

Txbroadcaster
04-02-2013, 02:28 PM
LOL if you do not agree with the material attack the source

and he says what I have said on here many many times and FF acts like it is crazy..Dallas should have been doing the old GB method..draft a QB as many times as they are the best on your board because at worst you have something you can move for more picks down the road

cougartino
04-02-2013, 02:52 PM
Some say the Cowboys had no choice because there were no one else available on the roster. Well, who is responsible for drafting a QB to groom to one day take the mantle? The GM! The same one who drafted Quincy "fire me up one" Carter, Stephen "never played in a pro-style system" McGee, and swore Ryan "knock it off" Leaf would flourish as a Cowboy. Those guys were no better than Steve Pelluer.

Farmersfan
04-02-2013, 03:05 PM
LOL if you do not agree with the material attack the source

and he says what I have said on here many many times and FF acts like it is crazy..Dallas should have been doing the old GB method..draft a QB as many times as they are the best on your board because at worst you have something you can move for more picks down the road

I don't disagree with what you said TXB. I don't think it's crazy at all. What I do think is that expecting the Green Bay PAST success to be duplicated in Dallas is kind of a hindsight fantasy. Green Bay has been the beneficiary of having Bret Favre who was followed by Aaron Rogers. Dallas had neither of those guys. So developing late round drafted QB's to trade off for a lot of draft picks would not happen in Dallas because while Romo is leading the team to his normal 8-8 season we aren't sitting a Matt Hasselbach or Mark Brunell on the bench. A backup QB good enough to trade off for good draft picks would have replaced Romo...................... get it?

Besides, the Packers have drafted 13 QBs in the past 25 seasons. 1 is Aaron Rogers and only 2 others gave the team any kind of trade value after a period of development. The Packer's Way of doing things has a success rate of 23%.... Yea, lets do that!