PDA

View Full Version : BuckeyBob

oldtownag
03-28-2013, 09:21 PM
buckeyebob
http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n492/rlind1112/gilmerresizedang-1-1.jpg
58-1 in District Play
13 yrs. in a row of No Grade Issues

58-1 is mighty impressive. Who beat the bux?

regaleagle
03-29-2013, 02:24 AM
Argyle beat em two out of 3 times, I believe in back to back to back years. Of course, those were regional games.

buckeyebob
03-29-2013, 07:50 AM
There's a time for everything...a time to LOVE and a time to HATE, a time to FIGHT & a time to LET GO. You need to let it go...it was such a long time ago I barely remember it but thanks for reminding me. Perhaps we will meet again...I am sure we will see Argyle again this season.

waterboy
03-29-2013, 08:08 AM
You know very well who that only loss was to, but who came back the next year and beat that same team?

Oh, and regaleagle, we are talking about district play. Yes, Argyle beat us two years in a row in the playoffs. Who won the last meeting, though?:taunt:

oldtownag
03-29-2013, 08:49 AM
There's a time for everything...a time to LOVE and a time to HATE, a time to FIGHT & a time to LET GO. You need to let it go...it was such a long time ago I barely remember it but thanks for reminding me. Perhaps we will meet again...I am sure we will see Argyle again this season.

Its not my signature!

Aesculus gilmus
03-30-2013, 10:18 AM
I hope Argyle goes into Division I. Carthage would like to get another shot at them, I'm sure. Right now that series is tied 1-1.

Of course, they'd both have to make it to state now that Carthage is in Region III.

oldtownag
03-30-2013, 02:06 PM
I hope Argyle goes into Division I. Carthage would like to get another shot at them, I'm sure. Right now that series is tied 1-1.

Of course, they'd both have to make it to state now that Carthage is in Region III.

Sure we would like some revenge. We had that last game won without the late questionable call. One thing for certain is that Argyle has a legit program.

regaleagle
03-30-2013, 03:36 PM
Yes, the history of this small school burst onto the scene as a new school in a small community just west of Flower Mound. It's an old farming community that had its own township, but never its own high school....only grade schools. Finally, back about 11 yrs ago a new high school was built for the students attending Justin Northwest and those that could afford to go to Liberty Christian in Denton. For a few years, many stayed at Liberty Christian. Even today there are some good athletes that live in Argyle and attend Liberty Christian down the street. Liberty Christian built their new high school here in Argyle after selling their campus to North Texas about 7 years ago. Many people don't reallize that this small community of less than 3500 actually splits up its students somewhat....somewhat. Most now attend Argyle High School, but we do have another fine school right here in this small town. It's unusual, but both schools excel in their respective divisions in all activities. I'm not an Argyle native....just lived there for about 12 yrs( and now I'm gone), but my son is an alum and I was here when it all started. So I support them like I always have, still attend as many games as possible, keep in contact with a few people that I know wel, and carry the banner for them on here like I always have. Coach Rodgers and Harp, along with a few others that were there from the start all know me well. I am committed to supporting and detailing any newsworthy events about Argyle to this site as much as possible in the future. At least I have been there since inception and kept up to present day with its short-lived history. Many of the players that have come thru the program either know me on sight or know of me. Only the kids playing now(some who have older siblings that played before them) may not know me or know of me and my son. Alas, the years are flying by. But my heart lives in Argyle, the same as it did when my son was playing.

Aesculus gilmus
03-30-2013, 04:25 PM
regaleagle, you are a classy guy. I have learned most of what I know about Argyle from you. I've noticed that Argyle HS is good at practically everything and not just when it comes to sports. It appears to be a model public school district.

I don't care for the private schools such as LIberty Christian as much because they are, in general, exclusionary. They want the "Liberty" to not have to educate the disadvantaged kids. Now they want to join the UIL and, I guess, continue to recruit as they always have in the past. What a nightmare.

That's off-topic, but I guess I'm already getting fired up for Prestonwood's visit to Buckeye Stadium on Sept. 6.

regaleagle
03-30-2013, 04:47 PM
You've got me chuckling, AG. There's few activities in life that captivate my being like high school football, and I just hate to see those making the decisions ruin what is probably the best amateur competition of football in its rawest form in the world....right here in Texas at the high school level. I can only chuckle because of the total stupidity of some of those that support this proposed change. All good things must come to their end....or something like that. See ya in the playoffs.

buckeyebob
03-31-2013, 06:15 PM
Sure we would like some revenge. We had that last game won without the late questionable call. One thing for certain is that Argyle has a legit program.

Questionable call...I do remember a very questionable call in 2008...I won't bring it up...too much class...bygones be bygones...one of those woulda, coulda, shoulda...playing Carthrage again would be a hoot but y'all have moved south...perhaps 2014 realignment will put you in the district with Kilgore, Hennason & Chapel Hill...we could do you in preseason...Argyle in postseason

buckeyebob
03-31-2013, 06:17 PM
I guess I'm already getting fired up for Prestonwood's visit to Buckeye Stadium on Sept. 6.

Or will this be Thursday night @ Trinity Mother Francis?

Aesculus gilmus
03-31-2013, 07:08 PM
This is the last schedule I had. Got it via email a month or so ago from Amy in Coach Traylor's office. Maybe there's been a change. If you find out there has been, let us know.

Varsity

8/16 Whitehouse(Scr) Here TBA

8/22 (Thur) New Boston (Scr) There TBA

8/29 (Thur) Atlanta Here 7:30

09/06 Prestonwood Here 7:30

09/13 Jacksonville There 7:30

09/20 Daingerfield Here 7:30 (Homecoming)

09/27 Gladewater Here 7:30

10/04 Chapel Hill There 7:30

10/12 (Sat) Henderson Longview 7:00

10/18 OPEN

10/25 Spring Hill There 7:30

11/01 Bullard Here 7:30 (Football Sr. Night)

11/08 Kilgore There 7:30

waterboy
04-01-2013, 08:14 AM
I sure hope they keep the Prestonwood game at Buckeye Stadium. If they do it'll be one of those rare years where the Buckeyes would have a full schedule of home games (5 at Buckeye Stadium). The rebuilding of the pressbox and homeside stands is gonna be awesome. They say it'll add 1000 seats to the homeside, but I drove by there Friday and it looks much bigger. I wonder if the band will be brought back to the homeside when it's done. It's coming right along. I can't wait for the opener.

Lion70
04-01-2013, 09:38 AM
Questionable call...I do remember a very questionable call in 2008...I won't bring it up...too much class...bygones be bygones...one of those woulda, coulda, shoulda...playing Carthrage again would be a hoot but y'all have moved south...perhaps 2014 realignment will put you in the district with Kilgore, Hennason & Chapel Hill...we could do you in preseason...Argyle in postseason

I wouldn't talk if I were you on questioning calls lol just saying and carthage is no angel as well.

buckeyebob
04-02-2013, 07:22 AM
oldtownag is a typical Carthage Grad & Fan...blame someone or something for your shortcomings ("We had that last game won without the late questionable call")...like a bunch of baby girls.

buckeyebob
04-02-2013, 07:30 AM
I wouldn't talk if I were you on questioning calls lol just saying and carthage is no angel as well. Buckeyes very seldom blame outside forces for their shortcomings...only a very few...didn't hear any Buckeye blame the outside for our shorcomings last year...we got our _______ handed to us by Prestonwood & Navasota...no excuses...we look forward to next year & retribution...Argyle finally got some this year

oldtownag
04-02-2013, 08:18 AM
Buckeyes very seldom blame outside forces for their shortcomings...only a very few...didn't hear any Buckeye blame the outside for our shorcomings last year...we got our _______ handed to us by Prestonwood & Navasota...no excuses...we look forward to next year & retribution...Argyle finally got some this year

Most fans don't blame anyone when their team gets blown away. Try to keep it a little closer and you too can blame the refs.

buckeyebob
04-03-2013, 05:34 PM
There is always next year...perhaps we will see each other in 7on7.