PDA

View Full Version : HB 887: limits contact in practice to one hour per week

Matthew328
03-27-2013, 06:57 PM
So now the TX State Legislature is being a little silly

Matthew328
03-27-2013, 06:59 PM
Let's only practice proper form and technique one hr per week but then on Friday night expect people to know how to properly tackle....

defense51
03-27-2013, 07:21 PM
This is absolutely ridiculous, and would probably cause more injuries.

cougartino
03-27-2013, 10:14 PM
This is absolutely ridiculous, and would probably cause more injuries.

Co-sign!

Scoop27
03-28-2013, 12:14 AM
Bet Slick Rick has a lot to do with this

Aesculus gilmus
03-28-2013, 06:27 AM
Okay, this is extreme. But our ninth grade team could have used some legislative pushback against our sadistic coach, who apparently wanted to make sure most of us were injured or at least worn out by the time Thursday night rolled around. The practices were way more violent than the games.

In fact, once in a moment of frustration right before the season began, he screamed, "I wanna find out who can HIT!"

The problem was that we were not in full pads. I was playing defensive end. I took him at his word and broke the starting quarterback's wrist. He never played a down that season. We had a terrible year. But he had indeed found out that I could "hit."

That QB is now dead. I swear I had nothing to do with it. He died of a massive coronary at age 44. He was one of my best friends growing up, so everyone knew I had not done anything intentionally. I was just following the orders of the sadistic coach.