PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys to sign Justin Durant....

Cam
03-26-2013, 04:31 PM
Is this guy gonna be any help? I don't know much about him....

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/9100428/dallas-cowboys-justin-durant-agree-deal-source

plus...Romo is about to sign an extension which will free up around 11 million for the Cowboys to work with.....can you say Michael Huff starting safety? He's from around these parts (I think) so I'm guessin' he wants to come home....Some say he would be an upgrade to Sensabaugh....I don't know, what ya'll think?

cougartino
03-26-2013, 05:01 PM
If they haven't traded or released the GM, it's all for naught!

bobcat1
03-26-2013, 07:10 PM
They signed Who and want to sign Who?

Farmersfan
03-27-2013, 07:35 AM

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/9100428/dallas-cowboys-justin-durant-agree-deal-source

plus...Romo is about to sign an extension which will free up around 11 million for the Cowboys to work with.....can you say Michael Huff starting safety? He's from around these parts (I think) so I'm guessin' he wants to come home....Some say he would be an upgrade to Sensabaugh....I don't know, what ya'll think?

Wow! With 11 million dollars to work with that means Jerry could go get another Pac-man Jones or Tank Johnson!......................:doh:

Old Tiger
03-27-2013, 08:27 AM
Who?

Macarthur
03-27-2013, 09:48 AM

He's a good solid NFL LBer. He's no pro bowler, but gives them quality in case Wilber or Albright aren't read to take over that 3rd LBer spot.

Macarthur
03-27-2013, 09:52 AM
http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2013/03/per-source-roster-cut-and-restructured-deal-will-help-dallas-clear-room-for-durant-another-signing.html

This is good news. Moore is not a young guy, but he's very good. This would be a major upgrade at G.

He's best know for Sanchez's butt fumble, but he's real quality.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/02/16/ranking-the-2013-free-agents-offensive-guards-and-centers/

Farmersfan
03-27-2013, 01:48 PM
What about Urlacher? I heard last week the Cowboys were one of the possibles for him. Although he isn't close to the dominating LBer he once was i think he would help this team greatly. Move Lee and Carter to the outside in the new 4-3. Heard any news on this front?

Cam
03-27-2013, 02:39 PM
What about Urlacher? I heard last week the Cowboys were one of the possibles for him. Although he isn't close to the dominating LBer he once was i think he would help this team greatly. Move Lee and Carter to the outside in the new 4-3. Heard any news on this front?

I only heard this was doubtful because it would slow Lee's progress....which makes no sense to me...if anything, Lee could pick up some pointers from the feisty veteran.....and I'm sure Lee could move outside and jump right back into the middle after Urlacher's days are done...but what the hell do I know?......I only played badminton!.....

Macarthur
03-27-2013, 03:26 PM

I think that Was his agent trying to use the cowboys as leverage. He doesn't make sense here.

Farmersfan
03-28-2013, 02:26 PM
I think that Was his agent trying to use the cowboys as leverage. He doesn't make sense here.

I think he makes perfect sense here Mac. His leadership alone would win them 2 close games next season. Move Carter and Lee to the outside spots in the new 4-3 scheme and Dallas most likely would have the best set of Linebackers in the league. Combine that with Ware and Spencer playing on the line 100% of the time and the Dallas defensive front just took a huge step forward. It beats the hell out of watching Connor "girl run" sideline to sideline while those CBs and safeties made the bulk of the tackles like we did last season.

Macarthur
03-28-2013, 02:30 PM
I think he makes perfect sense here Mac. His leadership alone would win them 2 close games next season. Move Carter and Lee to the outside spots in the new 4-3 scheme and Dallas most likely would have the best set of Linebackers in the league. Combine that with Ware and Spencer playing on the line 100% of the time and the Dallas defensive front just took a huge step forward. It beats the hell out of watching Connor "girl run" sideline to sideline while those CBs and safeties made the bulk of the tackles like we did last season.

Well, I don't have a direct line to Kiffin, but everything I've read says that Lee and Urlacher play the same position.

GrTigers6
03-28-2013, 02:31 PM
I think he makes perfect sense here Mac. His leadership alone would win them 2 close games next season. Move Carter and Lee to the outside spots in the new 4-3 scheme and Dallas most likely would have the best set of Linebackers in the league. Combine that with Ware and Spencer playing on the line 100% of the time and the Dallas defensive front just took a huge step forward. It beats the hell out of watching Connor "girl run" sideline to sideline while those CBs and safeties made the bulk of the tackles like we did last season.How are they gonna pay Urlacher?

Macarthur
03-28-2013, 02:33 PM
And this is what PFF says. I think any sort of big money and length of contract would be very risky.

Brian Urlacher

2012 Grade: -11.2
2012 Snaps: 727

Summary: In 2012 it was very clear Brian Urlacher wasn’t the player he once was when stopping the run. His Tackling Efficiency of 5.0 in the run game was the worst among inside/middle linebackers. The reason he makes this list is he is still a very good player in coverage. He had five passes defended, which was tied for the second among inside/middle linebackers, and his 0.70 Yards per Coverage Snap was fifth-best at the position. He is one of those players that is hard to imagine in any other uniform than the Bears’ blue and orange, but with a new coaching regime he might need to finish his playing days elsewhere. It might be pricy to have this eight-time Pro Bowler, but it looks like he still has some football left in him.

cougartino
03-28-2013, 02:40 PM
How are they gonna pay Urlacher?

Not sure but you know the GM will find a way to louse it up!

Cam
03-28-2013, 03:05 PM
Not sure but you know the GM will find a way to louse it up!

oh jeepers....stop being so negative!...(said with a slight lisp!)......

Maroon87
03-29-2013, 01:08 PM
Too bad they couldn't sign KEVIN Durant...:1popcorn:

cougartino
03-29-2013, 01:29 PM
What difference does it make? All 12 picks from the 2009 draft are no longer with the team. If you could hit on just 9, they would be 9 guys hitting their prime and the nucleus of the team. Instead this team is going nowhere fast. Thank you GENERAL MORON (GM) Jones for your atrocious diligence in making sure the Cowboys will be the NFL's new dunghill for years to come. You must be very proud you wrinkled faced jackass turd!

Macarthur
03-29-2013, 02:04 PM
That 2009 draft was an abortion.

However, to your comment about going nowhere fast, the last couple of drafts have been good to potentially very good if some guys like Crawford, Wilber, Hanna take a step forward.

GrTigers6
03-29-2013, 02:12 PM
That 2009 draft was an abortion.

However, to your comment about going nowhere fast, the last couple of drafts have been good to potentially very good if some guys like Crawford, Wilber, Hanna take a step forward.

Not to mention some kid named Bryant from 2010. If he continues to improve anyway

Roughneck93
03-29-2013, 02:50 PM
A long-term deal between the Cowboys and Tony is "imminent" according to sources...

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/9112658/tony-romo-deal-dallas-cowboys-imminent-sources

cougartino
03-29-2013, 03:18 PM
A long-term deal between the Cowboys and Tony is "imminent" according to sources...

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/9112658/tony-romo-deal-dallas-cowboys-imminent-sources

Wish a long term deal between the Cowboys and the Joneses' retirement was imminent!

Roughneck93
03-29-2013, 03:35 PM
Wish a long term deal between the Cowboys and the Joneses' retirement was imminent!

I wish that were the case too.