PDA

View Full Version : Argyle Baseball Update

regaleagle
03-23-2013, 11:28 PM
The Argyle Eagles moved up to the #2 spot behind Sweeny in the latest polls with impressive wins this week. Argyle(17-2) beat Sanger 10-2 on Tues. behind a fine pitching perfomance from Hunter Mushinski, a tall lefty that throws in the high 80s. Coach Griffin says he will be used mainly as a closer in district play and beyond. On Friday, the Eagles destoyed Carrollton Ranchview 15-1 in a shared no-hitter by Drew Gooch and Quinton Rockefeller in 5 innings. Both pitchers are on a tear. Seth Jones had 8 RBI on 6 hits this week, and Tyler Gibson had 5 hits and 6 RBI with 2 triples. Today's game against Frisco Heritage was rained out. Coach Griffin believes this team is his most talented to date with the pitching staff being very deep and talented. Last year's star Austin Aune signed with TCU to play QB in football and to play baseball, but was drafted by the NY Yankees instead for $1 Million. Of course, he signed and is playing in AA ball for them currently. I guess this team must be pretty special....just a better rounded team overall. I haven't seen a game yet, but sounds like they will be a force to watch in 3A again this season. Good luck to the Argyle Eagles baseball team. My son is a former player in his years there. Coach Griffin has managed to build quite a program there in just a few short years....all while football, basketball, and track have flourished...not to mention the Argyle Band and it's 4 State Championships. Good job for a school of 650 enrollment(less than half being boys).