PDA

View Full Version : Columbus

YTBulldogs
03-23-2013, 10:40 AM
Matt, since you said Sine got the Bandera gig. I predict Brad Dumont landing this job. Good luck Brad.

Matthew328
03-23-2013, 10:48 AM
Matt, since you said Sine got the Bandera gig. I predict Brad Dumont landing this job. Good luck Brad.

Pretty sure Dumont is retiring....unless he's having a change of heart

YTBulldogs
03-23-2013, 10:54 AM
Pretty sure he isn't retiring. Base that on the recent Bandera happenings.

Matthew328
03-23-2013, 11:10 AM
I dunno...I have a text message from him saying he's retiring...but it wouldn't be the first time someone had a change of heart...if Columbus got Dumont it'd be a great hire

YTBulldogs
03-23-2013, 11:12 AM
Yes, he fit's that town well.

rancher
03-23-2013, 04:36 PM
Maybe Jimmy Mitchell will move down the road a few miles since he has worn his welcome out in Sealy.

speedbump
03-23-2013, 05:14 PM
Maybe Jimmy Mitchell will move down the road a few miles since he has worn his welcome out in Sealy.

What's wrong with Mitchell?

hookandladder
03-24-2013, 09:20 AM
What's wrong with Mitchell?

Not knocking him personally but having RSJ and Davis for 4 years and with a number of other skilled players around them , he did not do much. Sometimes that happens but man RSJ was one of the best athlete's in the State since his Freshman year, I would be a little dissappointed if I was a parent of Sealy and never really made any kind of playoff run with those athlete's. Guess that is why I am an arm chair coach, you never really know what goes on in practices.

Saggy Aggie
03-24-2013, 11:17 AM
Not knocking him personally but having RSJ and Davis for 4 years and with a number of other skilled players around them , he did not do much. Sometimes that happens but man RSJ was one of the best athlete's in the State since his Freshman year, I would be a little dissappointed if I was a parent of Sealy and never really made any kind of playoff run with those athlete's. Guess that is why I am an arm chair coach, you never really know what goes on in practices.

Again, my uneducated opinion agrees.

Too much talent and too little success

regaleagle
03-24-2013, 11:53 AM
Sometimes you just don't win like you think you should with alot of talent. The other kids depend too much on those talented ones, and the cohesiveness and work ethic of being a team never quite materializes. You may not utilize other players the way you should, or your talented ones get injured. There's all kinds of scenarios that can take place. BUT, in the end it's always much better to have the talent than not to have it. That's usually when a coach may make a move....when he sees the talent pool will be lacking for several years. Suddenly, those other openings become more appealing.

Ville-D
03-24-2013, 04:46 PM
Talking about Columbus makes me miss Hruska's Store & Bakery... http://www.hruskas-bakery.com/

If you live close go enjoy some for me.

YTBulldogs
03-24-2013, 04:52 PM
Appears Columbus issue's is with the Sup there.

rancher
03-24-2013, 05:47 PM
What I hear around Sealy, lots and I mean lots of folks upset with all that talent and he cannot even make the playoffs this year or he seems to be a one and done coach. Word on the street is the pot is about to boil.

hookandladder
03-24-2013, 06:08 PM
Appears Columbus issue's is with the Sup there.

I know nothing about the Super. , I do not think he had anything to do with Sine leaving. I could be wrong but I just think it was not a good fit for Coach Sine , discipline is big with him and not sure how that worked out there. Columbus definitely has athletes , just got to get them to play together.

YTBulldogs
03-24-2013, 06:24 PM
I know nothing about the Super. , I do not think he had anything to do with Sine leaving. I could be wrong but I just think it was not a good fit for Coach Sine , discipline is big with him and not sure how that worked out there. Columbus definitely has athletes , just got to get them to play together.

I think he might had a small something to do with it.

OLE'BULL
03-25-2013, 08:31 AM
What I hear around Sealy, lots and I mean lots of folks upset with all that talent and he cannot even make the playoffs this year or he seems to be a one and done coach. Word on the street is the pot is about to boil.

IMO, it is not a HUGE failure to have not made the playoffs this year. It was one of the toughest districts in 3A. El Campo went to state, Bellville to the semi's. Wharton barely snuck in, and I dont think the tigers were healthy when Wharton clipped them by a few. If RSJ and Davis are 100% all season, there is no doubt they are in the playoffs, and probably go a couple three rounds. I dont think either of them were ever 100% in district, and definately not at the same time. That being said, those 2 guys at 75% are better than most of the competition at 100%. Oh well, it doesnt bother me one bit that they stayed home...

the genious
03-25-2013, 08:48 PM
The Super had EVERYTHING to do with Sine leaving! He never supported Sine and made him hire certain coaches so he could basically run the program and from day 1 wouldn't let Sine do his job! Sine is a great guy and coach and wanted to stay but didn't have the support and with the school board elections coming up the super has some hand picked ppl running and if they win they would have surely made Sine's life Hell

Manso/V8
03-26-2013, 12:32 AM

RSJ and Davis were major talents, but beyond those two, there weren't "a number of other skill players around them" this year. Also, the injury bug bit Sealy in the wrong spots this year.

hookandladder
03-26-2013, 06:10 AM
RSJ and Davis were major talents, but beyond those two, there weren't "a number of other skill players around them" this year. Also, the injury bug bit Sealy in the wrong spots this year.

Pretty sure they had like 7 players sign college letters of intent , not often in 3A you cannot win with that much talent. Also some younger talent on that team, sometimes the talent just does not get put to good use. I would bet good money if Mills had been coach there the last 4 years there would have been better playoff runs, I am not a big Mills fan but the prove is in the pudding. This is just an observation from the outside looking in , Hope Sealy gets it going again.

MJMbrahmas10
03-26-2013, 09:12 AM
Keep Jimmie forever. Us from bellville don't mind. Hahaha

XMan
03-26-2013, 10:06 PM
Do like in the good ole days: Round up the thugs down at pd on fri mornings, play them on Fri nights and then send them back after the game.

Gone Fishing
03-27-2013, 08:06 PM
My son and I have argued this several times, he is a major RSJ fan, but I being an old fart of old time football say, RSJ should have taken them deeper if he is really really that great. I only saw him play against WT 2010 & 2011 and on TV against a average at best St. Puix team and I just think he is a great size and ability but should have dominated more if he was a top 5 or whatever player in the nation going against 3 A players that gets weak down the depth chart. My opinion (and my son say's I'm stupid) is A&M should red shirt him and get him adjusted to the "real" football abilities of D-1 football......

the genious
03-29-2013, 01:45 AM
My son and I have argued this several times, he is a major RSJ fan, but I being an old fart of old time football say, RSJ should have taken them deeper if he is really really that great. I only saw him play against WT 2010 & 2011 and on TV against a average at best St. Puix team and I just think he is a great size and ability but should have dominated more if he was a top 5 or whatever player in the nation going against 3 A players that gets weak down the depth chart. My opinion (and my son say's I'm stupid) is A&M should red shirt him and get him adjusted to the "real" football abilities of D-1 football......

I agree! If your are 6 foot 5 and 225 pounds you should be unstoppable in 3A! When Brandon Williams was at Brookshire he was the #5 RB in TEXAS not the nation and took Royal to regional finals single handily and has yet to show anything at the next level (I hope he does) so why do ppl expect so much from RSJ right off the bat?

Weebe
03-29-2013, 09:49 AM
Uh, Brandon Williams played as a freshman and averaged almost 5 yards per carry. He had limited carries due to fumbling problems.

the genious
03-30-2013, 10:28 AM
He played when Oklahoma was blowing ppl off so that's not a real sign because most of the times it was against #2's! I'm not trying to knock him in anyway I'm just saying ppl shouldn't expect so much out of a freshman in college

hookandladder
04-04-2013, 08:19 PM
Any word on finalist for this job, heard one of our former coaches applied.

YTBulldogs
04-04-2013, 09:13 PM
Sure it will be totally who the sup wants. Was your ex a bud of his?

hookandladder
04-05-2013, 06:20 AM
Do not know if he was a bud of anybody, he knew how to win in football however was a horrible AD to say the least.

StangEm
04-05-2013, 09:35 AM
So is Sine already out of C-town and Bandera bound? If so, who is the interim AD? The job isn't posted on THSCA either. Strange.....

YTBulldogs
04-05-2013, 11:04 AM
Do not know if he was a bud of anybody, he knew how to win in football however was a horrible AD to say the least.

This might work then HL. The super appears to want to be the AD anyways, and your former coach can just be HC. Perfect fit.

bulldog82
04-05-2013, 11:57 AM
So is Sine already out of C-town and Bandera bound? If so, who is the interim AD? The job isn't posted on THSCA either. Strange.....

yes, He's already here. first day was April 3rd. He has a meet the parents on tues. and thurs.

XMan
04-06-2013, 09:36 PM
Superintendent's house has a "for sale" sign sitting in the yard. Im wondering if he put it there or Sine did. lol

YTBulldogs
04-06-2013, 09:45 PM
Superintendent's house has a "for sale" sign sitting in the yard. Im wondering if he put it there or Sine did. lol

Sine didn't. He got out of dodge ASAP I'm sure. He want's that sup to stay put in Columbus I think. LOL.

957tiger
04-07-2013, 10:51 PM

I know most of the Sealy supporters were disappointed by the season outcome. But as my son a former player pointed out the coach doesn't catch, run, block or throw the ball. He was correct in his observations. RS-J never really healed from the knee injury and when he banged up his ankle against Columbus he was at 75% at best. Davis was also injuried for a good portion of the season. Sealy's problem is their lack of size and depth. When you have multiple players going both ways it will affect productivity. Can't figure out why the school continues to grow, yet the number of 6'3-6'5 230+ players continues to elude the program. Unlike other schools in D-25. Look at Cole Hunt from EC. No one could stop him until the playoffs. Sealy does the best it can with what it has. RS-J was able to see the field and his broken play ability was his bread and better. Thats instict. Same with Davis. Watch him run injury free and he was a devastating runner. Injuries forced him to alter his style. Lots of things went into Sealy's lack of advancement in the playoffs. Coaching shares some of the responsibility not all.

Scoop27
04-08-2013, 04:45 AM
The Sealy loss to Wharton on the last play of the game was devastating

maestro
04-08-2013, 03:06 PM
The Sealy loss to Wharton on the last play of the game was devastating

Only after the sideline official was the ONLY person in the stadium that did not see whs qb score previously

teetle
04-09-2013, 02:04 PM
Jimmie Donts likes de dietys birds. hes wonts moves there.:cheerl::stirpot::taunt:

teetle
04-09-2013, 02:13 PM
I sures hopes that they donts hires Dumonts, I hopes thates sealy gets hims on on des days. He straighenes things ups. Colunbus will bes tough ifs hes getes thises job.:eek::ack!:

FrmSTx
04-11-2013, 07:34 PM
Keep Jimmie forever. Us from bellville don't mind. Hahaha

Im pretty sure he is 4-2 against y'all while at sealy and 5-2 overall (DC at Sinton). If you like winning every 3 years, then sure, sealy should keep.

MJMbrahmas10
04-11-2013, 11:47 PM
Touché

Manso/V8
04-13-2013, 02:01 AM
Im pretty sure he is 4-2 against y'all while at sealy and 5-2 overall (DC at Sinton). If you like winning every 3 years, then sure, sealy should keep.

Bellville is on the rise, Sealy not so much.
Don't worry, they are taking four to the playoffs now.