PDA

View Full Version : Sad news for Halllettsville family

Scoop27
03-22-2013, 05:10 PM
http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/2013/mar/21/sl__lavaca_fatal_032213_204879/?counties

zebrablue2
03-23-2013, 07:00 AM
Heard about this sad news from my wife, and seeing those two beautiful faces make me so sad. They are in Heaven, and we will never understand why so early?? Prayers said and sent to all of the family and friends, sad times indeed.

1st and goal
03-23-2013, 01:25 PM
Truly sad. Said she might have swerved because of a cow in the road. Our state's laws about cows on roads are outdated. They must have been written back in the 1900's because they are totally in favor of the rancher. If you are a rancher, please, please keep your fences in excellent condition. You can fix a lot of fence for the price of one calf, but you can never bring back the people killed or maimed because of loose livestock every year.

Prayers to the Steffek family.

Phil C
03-23-2013, 05:37 PM
Sad news and prayers for all affected by this loss. :(

Zebrablue2 I have posted this before but one of the toughest thing about growing old is having to see those go that you expected to be around long after you are gone. I know it happens but it is hard.

Blastoderm55
03-23-2013, 10:29 PM
Truly sad. Said she might have swerved because of a cow in the road. Our state's laws about cows on roads are outdated. They must have been written back in the 1900's because they are totally in favor of the rancher. If you are a rancher, please, please keep your fences in excellent condition. You can fix a lot of fence for the price of one calf, but you can never bring back the people killed or maimed because of loose livestock every year.

Prayers to the Steffek family.

The article also quotes the mother as saying "I was adjusting the radio or something." This is something we cannot continue to ignore, and it is something most all of us are guilty of. Whether it is being distracted due to eating, fiddling with the radio, or talking on the phone or texting, we all allow ourselves to shift our focus while driving. While we cannot control the variety of curve-balls that can be thrown at us while driving, its important that we do what we can to ensure our own safety by focusing on the road.

bobcat1
03-23-2013, 10:36 PM
Very sad. My heart goes out to this family. Prayers said and condolences sent.