PDA

View Full Version : District 30-3A Softball

Phil C
03-20-2013, 10:25 AM
Last night (3-19-13) the resuolts were follows:

Sinton over Ingleside 12-0 after 5 innings

Robstown over West Oso 7-1

Rockport-Fulton over Orange Grove (I don't know the score but was told by a school office that R-F won)

The District Standings as of 3-20-13 are as follows (and I got a couple at the school's web sites and the rest from the Corpus Christi Caller Times).

1. Sinton at 3-0

2 & 3 Robstown and Rockport-Fulton each at 2-1

4 & 5 Orange Grove and Ingleside at 1-2 (OG has bean Ingleside once already

6. West Oso at 0-3

This Friday (3-22-13) the big showdown will be Rockport-Fulton at Robstown.
Orange Grove will also be at Sinton and Ingleside will be at West Oso.

This is a tough district and any team can beat another team on any given night.
Excitement indeed.

Phil C
03-23-2013, 05:28 PM
Last night (Friday 3-22-13) it was Sinton over Orange Grove 6-0 and Rockport-Fulton over Robstown 9-5. I don't have a score on Ingleside vs West Oso. I have had misinformtion on prior thread as it was Ingleside that beat Orange Grove and Rockport-Fulton did not have a loss. What I do know is that after last night Sinton and Rockport-Fulton are tied for first and second at 4-0 records and Robstown has a 2-2 record. Hopefully more accurate information will come on the othere three teams. A big showdown will be at Rockport Tuesday night (I think) when Sinton goes to Rockport.

Phil C
03-27-2013, 08:32 AM
Last night (3-26-13) it was Robstown over Ingleside 19-0 but unfortunately I don't have any of the other updates.

Phil C
03-27-2013, 08:50 AM
Just for the record the standings before last night's (3-26 -13) standings were as follows:

1&2 tie between Sinton and Rockport-Fulton (RF) at 4-0 each.
3&4 tie between Robstown and Ingleside at 2-2 each.
5&6 tie bet ween Orange Grove and West Oso at 0-4 each.

After last night at the halfway mark of district play Robstow is now 3-2 and Ingleside is 2-3.

Phil C
03-27-2013, 11:51 AM
I got more results from last night (3-26-13). It was Sinton over RF 14-4. One of the West Oso employees told me she things Orange Grove won but she wasn't 100% sure so I will assume she is right but that is not completely verified but you do what you can.

As of 3-27-13 the standings in district at the halfway mark are as follows:

1. Sinton 5-0
2. Rockport-Fulton (RF) 4-1
3. Robstown 3-2
4. Ingleside 2-3
5. Orange Grove 1-4
6. West Oso 0-5

Thursday's games on 3-28-13 will be Sinton at West Oso, RF at Ingleside and Orange Grove at Robstown

SintonFan_inAustin
03-27-2013, 12:18 PM
Lady Sinton Pirates have been playing good all season and have kept it going in district. Keep it going lady Pirates.

Tks Phil for the updated standings.

Phil C
03-29-2013, 10:39 AM
Last night (3-28-13) it was Sinton over West Oso 19-5 in 5 innings, Robstown over Orange Grove 2-1, and Rockport-Fulton (RF) over Ingleside 8-2. As of today (3-29-13) the standings with 4 games to go in district are as follows:

1. Sinton 6-0
2. RF at 5-1
3. Robstown at 4-2
4. Ingleside at 2-4
5. Orange Grove at 1-5
6. West Oso at 0-6

It must be pointed out that the Corpus Christi Caller has Orange Grove at 3-3 but I disagree and think my figures are correct. If I find out I am wrong I will correct my figures.
The next big showdown for the week next Friday will be when Robstown comes to Sinton. That same night West Oso plays at RF and Ingleside plays at Orange Grove.

Right now it looks likes like the top 3 teams will be in the playoffs but Ingleside has a mathematical chance but will probably have to have help to make it. They are a young team and mistakes during key points in a game have hurt them but they are capable of playing anyone a good game. Orange Grove has played everyone well. They have good defensive play and pitching but there is always one inning that usually does them in and I don't know if it is one that they just make errors and play bad or the other teams play good and/or most likely a combination of the 2. For example they held Robstown scoreless except for 2 runs in the third inning. That same inning did them in against Sinton when Sinton score their 6 runs to win 6-0. It seems like one inning does them in. West Oso is also capable of pulling a big upset when they get it together. So anything in this district can happen on any given night.

As posted the main game is next Friday night when Sinton plays Robstown in Sinton. However another potentially good game will be when Ingleside plays in Orange Grove and if Orange Grove wins Ingleside will be all but elliminated. Earlier Ingleside beat Orange Grove by 1 run. RF will be favored to win against West Oso of course but if West Oso gets it together look out.

Phil C
04-05-2013, 09:40 PM
Sinton won tonight (4-5-13) over Robstown in an exciting well played game by both sides 7-6. I don't know any other results but will post them as soon as find out results. Right now Sinton is 7-0 in District while Robstown is 4-3.

Phil C
04-06-2013, 05:14 PM
It is difficult to get updated information sometimes. The local paper doesn't have any information on the games played last night not even the exciting Sinton vs Robstown game. Of course you can't call the school offices until Monday and then whoever finally answers doesn't usually know and transfers you to a voice mail. Muy frustrado.
Anyway last night the Sinton Lady Pirate JV team beat Robstown 4-3 in a closer game. They had beaten this same Robstown team earlier 16 to 0 so Robstown was improved plus I am sure the Sinton Ladies were possibly over confident. They are undefeated in district play like the varsity girls so far.

The remaining district schedule follows and I think all games are scheduled to start at 7 P.M. Still some big showdowns left.

April 9, 2013

Ingleside at Sinton
Rockport-Fulton at Orange Grove
Robstown vs West Oso (I don't know who is home team on this one)

April 12, 2013

Sinton at Orange Grove
Robstown at Rockport-Fulton
West Oso at Ingleside

April 16, 2013

Rockport-Fulton at Sinton
Ingleside at Robstown
Orange Grove at West Oso

Sinton has cinched a spot in the playoffs but there are three games left and anything can happen. Sinton does own the tie breaker over Robstown since they won both close games.

I don't have any more updated information so Alas! There is nothing more to report.

Phil C
04-08-2013, 09:19 AM
Tomorrow night (4-9-13) the Robstown vs West Oso game will be at West Oso.

It is difficult to get updated information sometimes. The local paper doesn't have any information on the games played last night not even the exciting Sinton vs Robstown game. Of course you can't call the school offices until Monday and then whoever finally answers doesn't usually know and transfers you to a voice mail. Muy frustrado.
Anyway last night the Sinton Lady Pirate JV team beat Robstown 4-3 in a closer game. They had beaten this same Robstown team earlier 16 to 0 so Robstown was improved plus I am sure the Sinton Ladies were possibly over confident. They are undefeated in district play like the varsity girls so far.

The remaining district schedule follows and I think all games are scheduled to start at 7 P.M. Still some big showdowns left.

April 9, 2013

Ingleside at Sinton
Rockport-Fulton at Orange Grove
Robstown vs West Oso (I don't know who is home team on this one)

April 12, 2013

Sinton at Orange Grove
Robstown at Rockport-Fulton
West Oso at Ingleside

April 16, 2013

Rockport-Fulton at Sinton
Ingleside at Robstown
Orange Grove at West Oso

Sinton has cinched a spot in the playoffs but there are three games left and anything can happen. Sinton does own the tie breaker over Robstown since they won both close games.

I don't have any more updated information so Alas! There is nothing more to report.

Phil C
04-08-2013, 10:28 AM
Tthe big game of tomorrow (4-9-31) is Rockport-Fulton at Orange Grove and unless the game is reported in the Corpus Christi Caller which may be highly unlikely it will be difficult to get the results of this game.

I found out last Friday that Ingleside lost to Orange Grove and I think that Rockport-Fulton beat West Oso but that is not completely confirmed but based on the information I have right now the standings as of 4-7-13 are as follows:

1. Sinton at 7-0
2. Rockport-Fulton at 6 -1 assuming they best West Oso Friday night.
3. Robstown at 4-3
4. Orange Grove at 2-5
5. Ingleside at 2-5
6. West Oso at 0-7.

Phil C
04-09-2013, 10:53 PM
Tonight (4-9-13) it was Sinton over Ingleside 11 to 1 in five innings. This puts Sinton at 8-0 in district and Ingleside at 2-5. Another key game tonight is Rockport-Fulton at Orange Grove and hopefully the local paper will have results but I am not too confident in this.

Phil C
04-10-2013, 10:12 AM
Finally some up to date information thanks to the Corpus Christi Caller-Times. As reported last night (4-9-13) it was Sinton over Ingleside. Sinton JVs also won and are undefeated in district play. It was Orange Grove over Rockport-Fulton 8 to 7. I knew Orange Grove was a dangerous team and could put it together which they did. Also last night it was Robstown over West Oso 15 - 0 in 3 1/2 innings.

Now the standings as of 4-10-13 with two district games left are as follows:

1. Sinton at 8-0
2. Rockport-Fulton at 6-2
3. Robstown at 5-3
4. Orange Grove at 3-5
5. Ingleside at 2-6
6 West Oso at 0-8

Sinton has cinched at least a co-championship in district and will win it outright with one win but it won't be easy as they have to play Orange Grove and Rockport-Fulton. Also if Rockport-Fulton loses one of the last two they will cinch it.
Rockport Fulton has cinched a spot in the playoffs.
Robstown will most likely get the third spot as they only have to win one game or Orange Grove lose one.
Orange Grove has a slim chance but they will have to win out and have help.
Ingleside and West Oso cannot make the playoffs.

The big games this Friday (4-12-13) will be when Robstown plays at Rockport-Fulton and Sinton plays at Orange Grove. After we get these results the possibilities will be clearer with one district game left for each tem.

Phil C
04-10-2013, 11:26 AM
I double checked the records and their are several possibilities that I will wait to elaborate on until after we get Friday night results. It must be pointed out that Sinton, Rockport-Fulton and Robstown have cinched playoffs spot . I thought Orange Grove had a chance to catch Robstown though it was slim but they do have a chance to catch them and tie for third place. But Robstown has the playoff tie breaker since they beat Orange Grove in the two head to head district games. Therefore Orange Grove, Ingleside and West Oso are out of the playoffs this year.

Phil C
04-12-2013, 10:39 AM
I may not be able to make the Sinton vs Orange Grove game tonight but will post the results when I get them. If anyone gets them first please post them.

SintonFan_inAustin
04-13-2013, 09:55 AM
Sinton 7 Orange Grove 5

Great game between Sinton and Orange Grove, Orange Grove kept taking a 1 run lead everytime Sinton would tie it. Top 7th Sinton trailed 4-3 when Sinton's Morin hit a solo shot for a home run as the ball bounce off the outfielder glove and over the fence. Sinton kept the pressure and put it away with 3 more runs to win 7-5.

Congrats SLP on staying unbeaten in district. tough game last night and nice rally to put it away.

Phil C
04-13-2013, 11:38 AM
Thank you SintonFan-inAustin for this good news. I knew it would be a tough one but the Lady Pirates pulled it out in grand style. They now have an 9-0 district record and have cinched the district championship. Since Sinton started softball in 1997 they have been in the playoffs every year for 17 straight with the majority of the time as outright district championship and several times as runner ups and I think one time as the third place team (but I'm not sure on that one). I know of at least twice they were co-champions but won the playoff games to represent the district as first place.
Unfortunately I don't know the results of the Robstown vs Rockport-Fulton score but now those teams are fighting it out for second and third place in district.

Phil C
04-16-2013, 10:43 AM
Tonight Sinton plays Rockport-Fulton and Sinton has cinched the district championship with a 9-0 record. Unfortunately I still haven't been able to find out who won the Robstown vs Rockport-Fulton game last week but those two teams are fighting for second and third place and are in the playoffs for sure.

Phil C
04-16-2013, 10:01 PM
I found out that last week (according to one of their players) that Rockport-Fulton beat Robstown and it was already determined that Sinton won district and Rockport-Fulton was runner up with Robstown in third place so these are the district's playoff teams.

Sinton beat Rockport-Fulton tonight in a tough well played game 7 to 5 to make their District Record be 10-0 with Rockport--Fulton (RF) being 7-3. Sinton trailed 4-3 in the bottom of the sixth inning with 2 out and no one on base but they started hitting and the breaks went their way and they tied it up and scored 3 more runs to lead 7 to 3. RF didn't give up and scored two more runs in the top of the seventh but Sinton held on to win 7 to 5.

Phil C
04-26-2013, 10:55 PM
In the playoffs Robstown beat Hondo 12 to 7 and Carrizo Springs beat Rockport-Fulton 1-0. Sinton had the bye but had a warmup game in San Diego and I don't know that result yet.

pirate4state
04-27-2013, 07:51 AM
In the playoffs Robstown beat Hondo 12 to 7 and Carrizo Springs beat Rockport-Fulton 1-0. Sinton had the bye but had a warmup game in San Diego and I don't know that result yet.
Girls did not play. Apparently San Diego got too much rain?!

Vrabird
04-27-2013, 08:45 AM
Haven't heard that phrase in awhile!! Too much rain?!