PDA

View Full Version : La Marque can't wait for 2013 football

1971Coogs
03-19-2013, 11:57 AM
For the vast majority of programs in the state an 11-2 season would be looked at as an unmitigated success, but for Mike Jackson and the La Marque Cougars, 11-2 is a season full of what if's. "To be honest, we felt like we were among the top 3 or 4 teams in the entire state last year. We knew how good Navasota was and we felt like the winner of that game had a great shot to win it all, Navasota was an outstanding ball club that beat us and then went on to the title, hats off to those guys for sure," said Coach Jackson.
The Cougars haven't forgotten about the loss and Coach Jackson hopes it can be a little bit of extra fuel to a fire that leads to another state title in Galveston County, "This off-season has been tough, the kids have worked hard and they remember that feeling after losing, hopefully we won't feel like that again. We want to finish the job in 2013."
Heading into 2012, La Marque had a ton of experience on the defensive side of the ball, but offensively the Cougars were fairly young. The script is flipped for 2013 as La Marque brings back eight starters on offense including four of five offensive lineman. "We've got great experience back on offense, we need to get the QB situation locked down but I think we've got a candidate who will do a good job. We are going to rely on our big offensive line a lot, hopefully we'll be able to lean on people and wear them down late in games," said the third year HC at La Marque Mike Jackson.
2013 will be a bit of a retooling year for the Coogs on the defensive side of the ball as just four starters return. "I feel good about the experience we have back at linebacker, those guys will be the leaders on defense. We'll be young up front and in the secondary, but I think some of our more inexperienced guys have what it takes to fill those gaps," said Jackson.
La Marque's JV squad finished 8-2 a year ago and with that influx of talent combined with the experience on offense the sky is the limit for the Coogs, "There's no question in my mind we have the potential to be a better football team in 2013, we've got a good junior class so if those guys mature I think we can do some great things," said the La Marque HC. With no spring football at the 3A level, expect La Marque to once again be a force on the 7 on 7 scene in the Greater Houston area and in the Division II SQTs in May and June.

Matt Stepp of The Old Coach Website:wave:

Cam
03-19-2013, 12:09 PM
Sounds promising! Do you have a son or relative playing?

YTBulldogs
03-19-2013, 12:14 PM
Welcome to 3A football LM. Little tougher than 4A, huh?

1971Coogs
03-19-2013, 01:05 PM
Sounds promising! Do you have a son or relative playing?
No sir...thanks for asking. I graduated from La Marque in 1971 and my youngest son graduated in 1997..he's been in the Marine Corps since. That's about a close as I come to any relatives playing at La Marque.......but

Most people in La Marque call me Pappa Coog. I head up Coogs Sports Net http://www.coogsports.net We are a volunteer crew of LM grads which broadcasts all LM football games. I've been doing it for 13 seasons, taking over the reigns of CSN in 2003. We've broadcast 9 state title games, although I did attend all 10, we weren't doing the broadcast in 1986.

There's not too much going on in La Marque that I'm not aware of....having lived there for 60 years
:)

https://www.facebook.com/CoogsSportsNet

1971Coogs
03-19-2013, 01:19 PM
Welcome to 3A football LM. Little tougher than 4A, huh?it's all relative, having been in 4A for approximately 23 years we've been in many dog fights while playing in 9 title games, winning 5 of them during that time. There is always plenty of talent regardless of classification, just not as many students in the lower classifications. We do feel as those we are on a more level playing field now. We lost to Manvel in 2011 (our last year in 4A) in the quarterfinals. They lost to Aledo in the title game, who we lost to in 2010. Manvel was in our district, they were huge. They moved up to 5A last year. So to answer your question...." no not really" Go back and look at our game against Navasota.... we scored more points against them than their next three opponents combined including the title game.

cougartino
03-19-2013, 01:31 PM

Any level is tough when you don't bring your "A game" every week.

speedbump
03-19-2013, 03:04 PM

Three of the four teams in the 3A semis were 4A drop downs so, no.

YTBulldogs
03-19-2013, 03:30 PM

That was my point. We acquired some very good programs in 3A.

1971Coogs
03-19-2013, 04:58 PM
yep !

1971Coogs
03-19-2013, 04:58 PM
That was my point. We acquired some very good programs in 3A.and that's why I said....no not really

oldtownag
03-19-2013, 08:42 PM
We will defend our 3A Turf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ville-D
03-19-2013, 11:23 PM
We will defend our 3A Turf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe next year... :stirpot:

Manso/V8
03-19-2013, 11:30 PM

How do think the 2012 version of the Ricebirds would have fared in 4A?

Manso/V8
03-19-2013, 11:33 PM
it's all relative, having been in 4A for approximately 23 years we've been in many dog fights while playing in 9 title games, winning 5 of them during that time. There is always plenty of talent regardless of classification, just not as many students in the lower classifications. We do feel as those we are on a more level playing field now. We lost to Manvel in 2011 (our last year in 4A) in the quarterfinals. They lost to Aledo in the title game, who we lost to in 2010. Manvel was in our district, they were huge. They moved up to 5A last year. So to answer your question...." no not really" Go back and look at our game against Navasota.... we scored more points against them than their next three opponents combined including the title game.

Not finishing drives, special teams mistakes, and penalties can take their toll in the playoffs.

Weebe
03-19-2013, 11:40 PM
It would have been tough in Region III -4A because El Campo always matched up with the Dawson/Manvel/La Marque/Friendswood district. Of course, Manvel and La Marque are no longer there.

Arguably, El Campo had a better team in 2011. But, they matched up with state finalist Manvel in the first week of the playoffs. Actually played them a hell of a game.

I do think El Campo would have had a great chance to win Region IV-4A though.

cougartino
03-19-2013, 11:54 PM
Not finishing drives, special teams mistakes, and penalties can take their toll in the playoffs.

See post #6

Manso/V8
03-20-2013, 12:47 AM
See post #6

We suffered from the same in the the semi-final against Navasota.....they returned a KO for a TD, we had a drive stalled at the 1/2" line, our first two chop blocking calls of the year at the wrong time, and a bad snap on a FG attempt.

We had our shot and didn't get it done.

Matthew328
03-20-2013, 07:47 AM
We suffered from the same in the the semi-final against Navasota.....they returned a KO for a TD, we had a drive stalled at the 1/2" line, our first two chop blocking calls of the year at the wrong time, and a bad snap on a FG attempt.

We had our shot and didn't get it done.

I believe El Campo 2012 would have had a very good chance to win 4A D2 Reg III...dont think they would have won Reg IV though....I believe Stephenville could have been a state finalist in 4A Div. II...would have liked to see them matchup with Cedar Park...woulda been a heck of a game

1971Coogs
03-20-2013, 12:29 PM
I believe El Campo 2012 would have had a very good chance to win 4A D2 Reg III...dont think they would have won Reg IV though....I believe Stephenville could have been a state finalist in 4A Div. II...would have liked to see them matchup with Cedar Park...woulda been a heck of a gameNice article by the way Matt. :2thumbsup I couldn't resist posting it up on my website and this nice website..... I have many sources feeding me info from all directions when it comes to my Alma Mater. I hope to meet you in the broadcast booth someday. You do know I have "the Voice" Brandon Williams doing the play by play for Coogs Sports Net ?

Matthew328
03-20-2013, 12:48 PM
Nice article by the way Matt. :2thumbsup I couldn't resist posting it up on my website and this nice website..... I have many sources feeding me info from all directions when it comes to my Alma Mater. I hope to meet you in the broadcast booth someday. You do know I have "the Voice" Brandon Williams doing the play by play for Coogs Sports Net ?

Brandon's a talented dude, he's helping us with the magazine this year.

Ernest T Bass
03-20-2013, 01:45 PM

Pretty stupid post, right there.

Matthew328
03-20-2013, 01:54 PM
pretty stupid post, right there.

lol....

cougartino
03-20-2013, 03:31 PM
I'm not a guy who gets caught up over 5A, 4A, 3A or the like. You have to come to play because the other team's 11are trying to knock the stuffin' out cha. Hopefully our guys learned that last year.

1971Coogs
03-20-2013, 06:09 PM
Pretty stupid post, right there.:iagree: kinda caught me off guard....I felt like Sheldon on "the Big Bang Theory" was that sarcasim or was that a realistic statement ?

My answer was all I could come up with " no...not really"

I wonder how someone would have answered if I had asked a fan from Katy had they moved down to 4A "Hey Katy welcome to 4A....little tougher than 5A, huh?" :1popcorn:

1971Coogs
03-20-2013, 06:22 PM
Brandon's a talented dude, he's helping us with the magazine this year.Excellent....the man is a walking sports encyclopedia !!

BwdLion73
03-20-2013, 08:59 PM
:iagree: kinda caught me off guard....I felt like Sheldon on "the Big Bang Theory" was that sarcasim or was that a realistic statement ?

My answer was all I could come up with " no...not really"

I wonder how someone would have answered if I had asked a fan from Katy had they moved down to 4A "Hey Katy welcome to 4A....little tougher than 5A, huh?" :1popcorn:

Bazinga

OldBison75
03-20-2013, 09:48 PM
LaMarque, Bellville, and West Orange Stark were each very talented and had the tools to make the SC game in my opinion. In the games between Navasota and each of these teams, it was like it is in any game between great teams, the little things make a huge difference. An untimely penalty, a bad snap, a dropped pass, and even a tipped pass can change momentum so fast. Navasota did not play perfect in any of those games, but, they were lucky enough, and good enough that they found a way to respond. I said all year they were a team on a mission.

Now, looking forward to 2013. I believe that all four of these teams will be pretty darned good next year, along with about six others in this region. I can't speak for any of the others specifically, but, Navasota lost a lot of great talent. They will be back in the hunt though because a large number of underclassmen got a lot of playing time last year. Defensively, they could be even better next year. Offensively, they have to replace the QB, top 2 receivers, top running back, and a couple of linemen. But, the QB will be an above average passer, not as good as Baker, but more than capable of burning some secondaries. He is a much bigger threat to run than Baker and is fast and agile. There are seveeral running backs that saw playing time and produced last year coming back. Navasota had a receiving corps that was six or eight deep last year and all saw action at times and produced. Likewise, the line saw alot of substitution last year. The biggest key to the Rattlers next year will be chemistry.

As for the article about LaMarque, I believe they are the early favorite in the region based on the oure talent that is there. Plus, they are very motivated because they believe they should have been in Dallas except for a few mistakes against Navasota -- and it could have easily been that way.

Don't write off Bellville, West Orange Stark, Carthage, West Columbia yet though. I think that there will be several teams from Region 3 that will be top 15 teams late next year. It will be interesting to see how the Division 1 and Division 2 brackets get filled!!!!!!!

FB-fanatic
03-20-2013, 11:18 PM
Glad to see everyone has dusted off the winter cobwebs, had a good spring break, and back on topic - High School Football!

cougartino
03-20-2013, 11:22 PM
Glad to see everyone has dusted off the winter cobwebs, had a good spring break, and back on topic - High School Football!

So we're done talking about Justin Bieber? :crying:

1971Coogs
03-21-2013, 06:55 AM
So we're done talking about Justin Bieber? :crying::ack!:

1971Coogs
03-21-2013, 06:56 AM
LaMarque, Bellville, and West Orange Stark were each very talented and had the tools to make the SC game in my opinion. In the games between Navasota and each of these teams, it was like it is in any game between great teams, the little things make a huge difference. An untimely penalty, a bad snap, a dropped pass, and even a tipped pass can change momentum so fast. Navasota did not play perfect in any of those games, but, they were lucky enough, and good enough that they found a way to respond. I said all year they were a team on a mission.

Now, looking forward to 2013. I believe that all four of these teams will be pretty darned good next year, along with about six others in this region. I can't speak for any of the others specifically, but, Navasota lost a lot of great talent. They will be back in the hunt though because a large number of underclassmen got a lot of playing time last year. Defensively, they could be even better next year. Offensively, they have to replace the QB, top 2 receivers, top running back, and a couple of linemen. But, the QB will be an above average passer, not as good as Baker, but more than capable of burning some secondaries. He is a much bigger threat to run than Baker and is fast and agile. There are seveeral running backs that saw playing time and produced last year coming back. Navasota had a receiving corps that was six or eight deep last year and all saw action at times and produced. Likewise, the line saw alot of substitution last year. The biggest key to the Rattlers next year will be chemistry.

As for the article about LaMarque, I believe they are the early favorite in the region based on the oure talent that is there. Plus, they are very motivated because they believe they should have been in Dallas except for a few mistakes against Navasota -- and it could have easily been that way.

Don't write off Bellville, West Orange Stark, Carthage, West Columbia yet though. I think that there will be several teams from Region 3 that will be top 15 teams late next year. It will be interesting to see how the Division 1 and Division 2 brackets get filled!!!!!!!Now that's a darn good post there. Full of details, well thought out and no smack talk.... this is a nice website.

cowboyandchrist
03-21-2013, 05:49 PM
Now that's a darn good post there. Full of details, well thought out and no smack talk.... this is a nice website.

I believe the Dawgs have a chance to set a new 3A scoring record this year. All 11 statrters are back and most of them are three year starters. This year there will be more teams on even ground. Last year the Rattlers and the Ville were just flat out better than everybody else.

oldtownag
03-21-2013, 07:41 PM
I believe the Dawgs have a chance to set a new 3A scoring record this year.

No they don't.

All 11 statrters are back and most of them are three year starters.

No they are not.

CTS
03-21-2013, 10:18 PM

Don't write off Bellville, West Orange Stark, Carthage, West Columbia yet though. I think that there will be several teams from Region 3 that will be top 15 teams late next year. It will be interesting to see how the Division 1 and Division 2 brackets get filled!!!!!!!

Bellville is Region IV, so they're not having to run that gauntlet through Region III. With 4 teams going next year Carthage, Navasota, West Columbia, Jasper & Silsbee will be DI. La Marque, WOS, Lorena & Coldspring DII. There may be some deviations but by and large that's where it sits in Region III.

Saggy Aggie
03-22-2013, 12:44 AM
Hope WC fares a little better against LM next year smh

We're graduating quite a bit though. WC had a really good team and had a great sophomore class last year but a few key guys went down and they were really average after that. Interested to see how those guys come back next season and if that soph class can develop like I think it might.

Can't wait for August and our rematch against LM later in the year. Glad to see the football posts picking back up

Dogs_21
03-22-2013, 11:22 AM

We're graduating quite a bit though. WC had a really good team and had a great sophomore class last year but a few key guys went down and they were really average after that. Interested to see how those guys come back next season and if that soph class can develop like I think it might.

Can't wait for August and our rematch against LM later in the year. Glad to see the football posts picking back up

Dont write Sweeny off yet they were young and suffered a lot of injuries. I think they will be just as good as WC.

Weebe
03-22-2013, 01:21 PM
No they don't.

No they are not.

Lol..par for the course.

Saggy Aggie
03-22-2013, 01:21 PM
Dont write Sweeny off yet they were young and suffered a lot of injuries. I think they will be just as good as WC.

Not looking past Sweeny at all. More often than not, the bulldogs are solid. Had an off year last year but you guys will rebound.

Just looking forward to a rematch from our blowout loss to LM last year, that's all.

Can't wait for the battle of the brazos also!

Ville-D
03-22-2013, 02:13 PM
I believe the Dawgs have a chance to set a new 3A scoring record this year. All 11 statrters are back and most of them are three year starters. This year there will be more teams on even ground. Last year the Rattlers and the Ville were just flat out better than everybody else.

Thanks for the kind words. I believe we will score quite a bit in 2013 too. And our young D will be much better.

1971Coogs
03-22-2013, 10:12 PM

Can't wait for August and our rematch against LM later in the year. Glad to see the football posts picking back up:cool:

buckeyebob
03-23-2013, 08:27 AM
Bellville is Region IV, so they're not having to run that gauntlet through Region III. With 4 teams going next year Carthage, Navasota, West Columbia, Jasper & Silsbee will be DI. La Marque, WOS, Lorena & Coldspring DII. There may be some deviations but by and large that's where it sits in Region III.

Clarify something for me...LaMarque Div 2 with 741 now? That is the same as Carthage & with the word I hear, ~700 is cut-off.

CTS
03-23-2013, 10:50 AM
Clarify something for me...LaMarque Div 2 with 741 now? That is the same as Carthage & with the word I hear, ~700 is cut-off.

This next year they will take 4 to the playoffs. Top 2 enrollments will be DI from each district. In 24-3A there are 5 teams. Stafford and West Columbia will be D1. La Marque and Sweeny D2. Only way LM could go D1 next year is if Sunnyside made the playoffs and Columbia or Stafford missed. Next year you can practically look at every district and have a good idea who is D1 and D2.

In next realignment they assign D1 and D2 before the season starts like in 2A-1A (starting in 2014). However, LM is sitting on 648 in HS right now so they will more than likely be D2 next go round as well.

Next year is a one year wonder as far as the brackets. If it had been done this past year teams like Navasota, West Columbia and Henderson would have been D1.

cowboyandchrist
03-23-2013, 03:04 PM
No they don't.

No they are not.

The only senior was the full back which got hurt and his back ups were a junior and sophmore, (which saw a lot of playing time) so yea all 11 statrters are back on offense.

FB-fanatic
03-23-2013, 05:01 PM

How is La Marque a 1st year 3A-dropdown, and only have 741?

1971Coogs
03-23-2013, 06:59 PM
How is La Marque a 1st year 3A-dropdown, and only have 741?We probably should have been 3A back in 2010....not sure how we stayed in 4A. Interesting how we went to the Title Game in 2010 and lost to Manvel in the quarters in 2011(they went to the Title Game). We might be 3A but can still compete with 4A.....same as Stephenville, etc.

buckeyebob
03-24-2013, 04:28 PM
This next year they will take 4 to the playoffs. Top 2 enrollments will be DI from each district. In 24-3A there are 5 teams. Stafford and West Columbia will be D1. La Marque and Sweeny D2. Only way LM could go D1 next year is if Sunnyside made the playoffs and Columbia or Stafford missed. Next year you can practically look at every district and have a good idea who is D1 and D2.

In next realignment they assign D1 and D2 before the season starts like in 2A-1A (starting in 2014). However, LM is sitting on 648 in HS right now so they will more than likely be D2 next go round as well.

Next year is a one year wonder as far as the brackets. If it had been done this past year teams like Navasota, West Columbia and Henderson would have been D1.

Thanks...had no idea that enrollment was on the decline that much. Year after next, you will be sitting with us & Argyle...smallest Div1 or largest Div2...I will not lie...hope we are the latter.

cougartino
03-24-2013, 06:34 PM
Thanks...had no idea that enrollment was on the decline that much. Year after next, you will be sitting with us & Argyle...smallest Div1 or largest Div2...I will not lie...hope we are the latter.

Too many middle schoolers are opting for nearby high schools with open enrollment.

waterboy
03-25-2013, 07:57 AM
Is it true that LaMarque's high school enrollment is around 65% male? If true, that gives them a decided advantage with realignment coming up. Most schools are closer to a 50/50 (1:1) ratio.

CTS
03-25-2013, 08:26 AM
Is it true that LaMarque's high school enrollment is around 65% male? If true, that gives them a decided advantage with realignment coming up. Most schools are closer to a 50/50 (1:1) ratio.

Completely NOT true....this was addressed on this site this past summer when that rumor kept coming up. Don't have the exact breakdown but next time to talk to Coach I'll ask again. We are close to a 50-50 split like everyone else.

waterboy
03-25-2013, 08:57 AM
Completely NOT true....this was addressed on this site this past summer when that rumor kept coming up. Don't have the exact breakdown but next time to talk to Coach I'll ask again. We are close to a 50-50 split like everyone else.

Okay. I had seen someone else mention it on here, and thought I would ask somebody who is actually from La Marque. It did sound a little odd to me, and I don't remember who mentioned it. If true, it would've been a little misleading when realignment rolled around. I'm thinking this coming season there's a good chance that there will be a Gilmer vs. La Marque final. Two great programs meeting in the finals in a first ever meeting would be cool.

Old Tiger
03-25-2013, 09:06 AM

In division 2 all 4 teams in the semis have been 3a for some time.

What do El Camp, Stephenville, and Kilgore return next year?

Sville
03-25-2013, 10:44 AM

Sville has 5 starters coming back on offense, 4 OL and TE. Starting WR #1 Stidham will move to QB. We basically are replacing all skill players. Defensively we have DE #35 Noah returning, 3 out of 4 LB'ers and both safeties. We also have our kicker back. The JV went 6-3 with losses to Aledo, Amarillo, and Alvarado.

1971Coogs
03-25-2013, 11:22 AM
Okay. I had seen someone else mention it on here, and thought I would ask somebody who is actually from La Marque. It did sound a little odd to me, and I don't remember who mentioned it. If true, it would've been a little misleading when realignment rolled around. I'm thinking this coming season there's a good chance that there will be a Gilmer vs. La Marque final. Two great programs meeting in the finals in a first ever meeting would be cool.
:iagree: Yes sir....ditto that

buckeyebob
03-26-2013, 05:32 AM

They return most everyone...district play will not be pleasant...it never is.

speedbump
03-26-2013, 03:38 PM

There were a lot of teams that had been in 3A for some time in D-1 also. El Campo won't return much at all in the way of starters next year,but they will be almost as good or better.

Saggy Aggie
03-26-2013, 09:22 PM
There were a lot of teams that had been in 3A for some time in D-1 also. El Campo won't return much at all in the way of starters next year,but they will be almost as good or better.

I mean I'm sure you have some inside knowledge but how do you figure to be almost as good or better with practically no starters returning...?

That doesn't make sense

buckeyebob
03-27-2013, 06:42 AM
I mean I'm sure you have some inside knowledge but how do you figure to be almost as good or better with practically no starters returning...?

That doesn't make sense

Tell that to Jeff Traylor...State playoff with a bunch of Sophs.

1971Coogs
03-27-2013, 08:08 AM
El Scampo always brings it, some years better than others.

Saggy Aggie
03-27-2013, 12:18 PM
Tell that to Jeff Traylor...State playoff with a bunch of Sophs.

He said as good or better.

Meaning he would have to improve on a state championship appearance losing all his starters.

Meaning your comparison doesn't make sense. If Gilmer graduated all their starters this year and then you guys IMPROVED even more next year, then that'd make sense.

speedbump
03-27-2013, 03:20 PM

That doesn't make sense

Like 71 Coogs said "El Campo always brings it, some years better than others" They just reload and Gillis knows how to put it together. Their Jrs got tons of playing time during that 15 game season and they had some talented ones. Several brought up from the JV (1 loss to 4A Foster) and a couple from the freshman (also 1 loss to 4A Foster) saw playing time in key situations during the playoffs. If they get on the same page soon enough they will be very good. The talent will be there.

Manso/V8
03-27-2013, 04:08 PM

I'm thinking this coming season there is just as good of a chance that there will be a Bellville vs. Gilmer final.

Go Brahmas!

1971Coogs
03-27-2013, 04:36 PM
Tell that to Jeff Traylor...State playoff with a bunch of Sophs.agreed....same with La Marque in 2010 with a bunch of sophomores and juniors. But we met up with all-world Jonathan Gray (Aledo) in the title game as he broke the all-time national record for touchdowns that year. I don't think any team in the state would have beaten Aledo that year.

<em>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L80kPhBM2dA

cowboyandchrist
03-27-2013, 08:08 PM
Like 71 Coogs said "El Campo always brings it, some years better than others" They just reload and Gillis knows how to put it together. Their Jrs got tons of playing time during that 15 game season and they had some talented ones. Several brought up from the JV (1 loss to 4A Foster) and a couple from the freshman (also 1 loss to 4A Foster) saw playing time in key situations during the playoffs. If they get on the same page soon enough they will be very good. The talent will be there.

The Carthage Dawgs hope they do well enough for a rematch, this years Dawgs will something very special to see. The Dawgs and the Ville for the title is the way I see it.

Weebe
03-27-2013, 10:13 PM
The Carthage Dawgs hope they do well enough for a rematch, this years Dawgs will something very special to see. The Dawgs and the Ville for the title is the way I see it.

Of course you said that last year as well...

Saggy Aggie
03-27-2013, 11:01 PM

Well said & good luck!

buckeyebob
03-28-2013, 06:48 AM
agreed....same with La Marque in 2010 with a bunch of sophomores and juniors. But we met up with all-world Jonathan Gray (Aledo) in the title game as he broke the all-time national record for touchdowns that year. I don't think any team in the state would have beaten Aledo that year.

<em>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L80kPhBM2dA

We have had our share of that...Navasota 2012, Liberty Hill 2007...then we put the shoe on the other foot & palyed the Unbeaten War Horse in 2004 & 2009. We will certainly be siffing for another one in 2013. The recruiters as in a frenzy to find Off. & Def. linemen to complete the package.

buckeyebob
03-28-2013, 06:49 AM
Of course you said that last year as well...

Please don't get 'em started...it is like an old cold...you can't get rid of it.

BEAST
03-28-2013, 03:01 PM

Ville has way to much to replace. Sort of like Brownwood after the 2010 season. They wont repeat.

BEAST

1971Coogs
03-28-2013, 03:47 PM
Please don't get 'em started...it is like an old cold...you can't get rid of it.:stirpot:

cowboyandchrist
03-28-2013, 08:30 PM
Please don't get 'em started...it is like an old cold...you can't get rid of it.

Oh and you don't. Come on little brother, you don't have to feel bad. The Buckeyes made it to the big game and the Dawgs fell one game short. The Dawgs will be iin the hunt again this year. Gilmer should be.

cowboyandchrist
03-28-2013, 08:33 PM
Come on Buckeyebob, ya'll did score 3 points in the biggest game of the year, the Buckeyes have a good chance to get back.

Manso/V8
03-28-2013, 10:19 PM
Come on Buckeyebob, ya'll did score 3 points in the biggest game of the year, the Buckeyes have a good chance to get back.

Taunting the Gilmer fans on the day before Good Friday.......

CTS
03-28-2013, 11:19 PM

Don't feel bad buckeye....West Orange Stark and Bellville only scored 7 each against them. :)

Manso/V8
03-29-2013, 01:16 AM
Don't feel bad buckeye....West Orange Stark and Bellville only scored 7 each against them. :)

Yep, and Bellville held them to 24, the fewest points the Rattlers scored all year.

waterboy
03-29-2013, 08:20 AM
Okay, folks! The Buckeyes were young and inexperienced last year. They didn't play well in the championship game. Most of that had to do with meeting up with the best team in the state, who was experienced, motivated, well-coached, and had athletes all over the field. I think our Buckeyes learned a lot from that meeting, and will definitely be in the hunt this season. To be honest, it was a total surprise for us Buckeye fans to see them make it as far as they did considering all the players we had lost from the year before. They gave us Buckeye fans a helluva ride this past season, and we enjoyed every minute of it. Hopefully, that feeling they felt after the championship game will feed them emotionally into knowing what it takes to prepare for teams like that in the future. Congratulations to Navasota, and welcome to the championship club. The Rattlers EARNED IT AND DESERVED IT!

buckeyebob
03-31-2013, 06:20 PM

& we had a perfect basketball season too...0-12

buckeyebob
03-31-2013, 06:32 PM
Okay, folks! The Buckeyes were young and inexperienced last year. They didn't play well in the championship game. Most of that had to do with meeting up with the best team in the state, who was experienced, motivated, well-coached, and had athletes all over the field. I think our Buckeyes learned a lot from that meeting, and will definitely be in the hunt this season. To be honest, it was a total surprise for us Buckeye fans to see them make it as far as they did considering all the players we had lost from the year before. They gave us Buckeye fans a helluva ride this past season, and we enjoyed every minute of it. Hopefully, that feeling they felt after the championship game will feed them emotionally into knowing what it takes to prepare for teams like that in the future. Congratulations to Navasota, and welcome to the championship club. The Rattlers EARNED IT AND DESERVED IT!

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance006.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)
Say it again! Picked 4th in district pre-season & I admit, I was hoping for no more than 2 district losses...man o man...what a ride...and we have most of 'em back...with a great 8th grade coming into the fold.

hollywood
04-01-2013, 11:36 AM
Ville has way to much to replace. Sort of like Brownwood after the 2010 season. They wont repeat.

BEAST

I love you BEAST, but not even comparable. Granted the Ville loses a few key play makers (Jones, Gunter, Westbrook, Sanchez) from the Championship team but still has a solid OL/DL, half the secondary, a solid core of LB's and several offensive playmakers returning for 2013. Brownwood didn't have as much talent coming up from the lower classes as Stephenville will this season AND didn't have a stud QB waiting in the wings who was a key starter as a WR in 2012 and will only be a JR. The Ville has a much greater shot to go deep again if not repeat. Sorry but 2 total different situations. I know it's hard for you... just sayin'. lol

Saggy Aggie
04-01-2013, 01:05 PM
I love you BEAST, but not even comparable. Granted the Ville loses a few key play makers (Jones, Gunter, Westbrook, Sanchez) from the Championship team but still has a solid OL/DL, half the secondary, a solid core of LB's and several offensive playmakers returning for 2013. Brownwood didn't have as much talent coming up from the lower classes as Stephenville will this season AND didn't have a stud QB waiting in the wings who was a key starter as a WR in 2012 and will only be a JR. The Ville has a much greater shot to go deep again if not repeat. Sorry but 2 total different situations. I know it's hard for you... just sayin'. lol

Aside from the fact that Brownwood lost in the semi's...

hollywood
04-01-2013, 04:47 PM
Aside from the fact that Brownwood lost in the semi's...

Barely. Great game! Carthage won that game in the trenches. Holland had holes bigger than Jerry World to run through.

1971Coogs
04-03-2013, 07:07 AM
Okay, folks! The Buckeyes were young and inexperienced last year. They didn't play well in the championship game. Most of that had to do with meeting up with the best team in the state, who was experienced, motivated, well-coached, and had athletes all over the field. I think our Buckeyes learned a lot from that meeting, and will definitely be in the hunt this season. To be honest, it was a total surprise for us Buckeye fans to see them make it as far as they did considering all the players we had lost from the year before. They gave us Buckeye fans a helluva ride this past season, and we enjoyed every minute of it. Hopefully, that feeling they felt after the championship game will feed them emotionally into knowing what it takes to prepare for teams like that in the future. Congratulations to Navasota, and welcome to the championship club. The Rattlers EARNED IT AND DESERVED IT!nice post