PDA

View Full Version : Not 3A but 2A but will be 3A next alignment

buckeyebob
03-15-2013, 05:29 AM
I wanted to give a shout out to Harmony High School (UIL carries as Big Sandy Harmony - 358 enrollment - just down the road from Gilmer) senior Daven Murphree, in his second trip to The Armory in New York, won the pole vault event on Saturday at the New Balance Indoor Nationals with a vault of 17’ 1”. The height ties his personal record for an indoor meet.

The meet for high school students from across the country is by invitation only.

Murphree, the 2-time defending Class 2A state champion in the pole vault, placed third in the event a year ago.

Murphree twice has won the Class 2A state title in Austin. As a sophomore in 2011, he won with a height of 16’ 0” and last year at 16’ 7”.

He has signed a national letter-of-intent with Stephen F. Austin State University. Best of luck.

lostaussie
03-15-2013, 07:57 AM
I wanted to give a shout out to Harmony High School (UIL carries as Big Sandy Harmony - 358 enrollment - just down the road from Gilmer) senior Daven Murphree, in his second trip to The Armory in New York, won the pole vault event on Saturday at the New Balance Indoor Nationals with a vault of 17’ 1”. The height ties his personal record for an indoor meet.

The meet for high school students from across the country is by invitation only.

Murphree, the 2-time defending Class 2A state champion in the pole vault, placed third in the event a year ago.

Murphree twice has won the Class 2A state title in Austin. As a sophomore in 2011, he won with a height of 16’ 0” and last year at 16’ 7”.

He has signed a national letter-of-intent with Stephen F. Austin State University. Best of luck.I saw this..........I think I heard he went 17'3" at an outside meet in Pine Tree a couple weeks ago. Thats awesome:clap::clap: