PDA

View Full Version : Weimar Baseball Tournament

YTBulldogs
03-14-2013, 09:47 AM
H&L, I know you'll be at this event today (Thursday). You mind posting scores for today's games?

YTBulldogs
03-14-2013, 06:11 PM
Anyone got todays finals?

hookandladder
03-14-2013, 09:10 PM
Navasota beat Weimar

La Grange beat St. Joe - 13-0

WP- Vinklarek -1 hiter

St. Joe beat Weimar

La Grange beat Navasota - 11-1

WP- Drab - 3 hitter

YTBulldogs
03-14-2013, 10:45 PM
Thanks H&L. About what I thought. Ya'll are too good.

hookandladder
03-15-2013, 05:56 AM
La Grange - Vinklarek threw a 2 hitter , my bad.

hookandladder
03-15-2013, 12:47 PM
Friday Scores

Yoakum 3 Caldwell 1

Good win for Yoakum against a solid pitcher.

YTBulldogs
03-15-2013, 03:31 PM
Bulldogs get 3-1 win over Caldwell. Ryan Kvinta pitched complete game, one -hitter with 5 Ks. Dogs now 9-4 on season.

In other action, Cedar Creek beats Smithville, 11-1, in six innings.

YTBulldogs
03-15-2013, 05:48 PM
Caldwell smashes Smithville, 16-3, in five innings.
Yoakum vs Cedar Creek up next with winner advancing to tomorrow's championship at 5:30 against La Grange.

YTBulldogs
03-15-2013, 08:35 PM
Yoakum defeats Cedar Creek (4A), 6-5. Blake McCracken hits walk off infield single to score Troy Macha with the winning run. Dogs play La Grange in championship tomorrow at 5:30.Yoakum now 10-4.

hookandladder
03-16-2013, 09:29 PM
La Grange goes 12-3 on the year winning the Weimar tourney over Yoakum 11-9 , now on to District play which should be a dog fight. Congrats to both teams.

YTBulldogs
03-16-2013, 09:48 PM
Congrats LG. Just too tough.

Old Green
03-16-2013, 10:34 PM
Wish I could have been there. Looks like it was a good tough fought game.

hookandladder
03-17-2013, 08:48 AM
Wish I could have been there. Looks like it was a good tough fought game.

High scoring game , that normally happens when you have to pitch your No. 4,5,6 pitchers. All pitchers had their moments , last pitcher for us really did well for not playing since his Freshman year.

YTBulldogs
03-17-2013, 09:25 AM
High scoring game , that normally happens when you have to pitch your No. 4,5,6 pitchers. All pitchers had their moments , last pitcher for us really did well for not playing since his Freshman year.

Yes he did. Why has he not pitched since being a fish? He is very usable. LG has it all, Power, speed, solid arms and "D".

I also think Yoakum proved it belongs with whom they have beaten the past 10 days. I see a three team race in district, and each of those games, the stands will be packed.

hookandladder
03-17-2013, 12:57 PM
Yes he did. Why has he not pitched since being a fish? He is very usable. LG has it all, Power, speed, solid arms and "D".

I also think Yoakum proved it belongs with whom they have beaten the past 10 days. I see a three team race in district, and each of those games, the stands will be packed.

He did not play baseball his sophomre and junior year , we had plenty of pitching for those years. He would have been JV player those two years , a very good kid who will most likely be Valedictorian this year. With the return of Supak it will be hard for him to crack our pitching rotation however we are very happy to see kids step up in clutch situations , he will be good to have on the bench when you need someone to come in and get you out of an innings. Just like last night, will also get some PT at first base.

YTBulldogs
03-17-2013, 01:55 PM
He did not play baseball his sophomre and junior year , we had plenty of pitching for those years. He would have been JV player those two years , a very good kid who will most likely be Valedictorian this year. With the return of Supak it will be hard for him to crack our pitching rotation however we are very happy to see kids step up in clutch situations , he will be good to have on the bench when you need someone to come in and get you out of an innings. Just like last night, will also get some PT at first base.

I agree. I didn't mean he'd be a key starter amongst ya'll top hurlers. But, you could spell them and use him in the GZ, SV type games. He isn't overpowering, but--he throws stikes for the most part and can rest your top hurlers if need be.

hookandladder
03-18-2013, 06:22 AM
I agree. I didn't mean he'd be a key starter amongst ya'll top hurlers. But, you could spell them and use him in the GZ, SV type games. He isn't overpowering, but--he throws stikes for the most part and can rest your top hurlers if need be.

With 3 starters right now and only playing two games a week , it could be hard getting these three enough innings. None of them will need any rest , they all need to throw as much as possible. Each game will decide how much each one throws , all need to throw at least 5 to 6 innings a week to stay in pitching shape.