PDA

View Full Version : Monahans 35, Greenwood 34

vet93
10-10-2003, 11:20 PM
I don't know the particulars of the game...but I did not see this coming. You never know about Monahans...one minute they are down the next they are up. I know the Rangers will rebound...I would hate to be their next opponent! If pecos makes the playoffs this could potentially throw a monkey wrench into everyone's expected brackets for Region I. Greenwood could potentially be the #2 small school team sending them into the opposite side of the bracket.

SintonFan
10-10-2003, 11:22 PM
Dangggg, tough loss Greenwood. You guys have a great team and will rebound nicely. :)

THE BEAR
10-10-2003, 11:25 PM
vet93:
I don't know the particulars of the game...but I did not see this coming. You never know about Monahans...one minute they are down the next they are up. I know the Rangers will rebound...I would hate to be their next opponent! If pecos makes the playoffs this could potentially throw a monkey wrench into everyone's expected brackets for Region I. Greenwood could potentially be the #2 small school team sending them into the opposite side of the bracket.

sinton66
10-10-2003, 11:40 PM
How did Ballinger do Vet93?

THE BEAR
10-10-2003, 11:42 PM
Sleeping Giants was what I called them and it prevailed. Back and forth scoring until the Loboes went up by two TDS and Greenwood came back to almost tie it up but missed their extra point. The best game yet, good luck Greenwood good game.

Ray_BearKat
10-10-2003, 11:42 PM
What the!

lobo12
10-11-2003, 12:07 AM
the bear was right. any team can beat any team on any given day, so never cound anyone out. great effort by both teams. good luck greenwood

Stangster
10-11-2003, 12:10 AM
Unbelieveable! Are you sure this isn't a prank? It's hard to comprehend Greenwood losing to a less-than-top-10 team. What a surprise, talk about a heartbreaker. I trust they will bounce back next week.

Chief Woodman
10-11-2003, 12:11 AM
On any given night...just ask Decatur and Mineral Wells.

wildstangs
10-11-2003, 12:37 AM
Matt called me on the cell and told me this score and I kept telling him to quit trying to fool me. I bet the people in Monahans will be partying all night. Congrats Loboes.

GWOOD
10-11-2003, 12:42 AM
Just got back from game. Monahans seemed to be up emotionally. Greenwood was lethargic. The boys played hard but just seemed out of sync all night long, especially defensively. We had coverage mixups twice in first half which resulted in long touchdowns.

This looked more like the Greenwood team that just escaped Snyder by the skin of our teeth, right after our emotionally charged game with Sweetwater. I thought with a week off after the Andrews game, we wouldn't have the let down. But we were not at our best. Monahans came ready to play.

Gut check now for the Rangers for the rest of district play. I look for them to bounce back.

lobo70as
10-11-2003, 12:46 AM
It was a great game. Everything just came together for us tonight. Both teams played their hearts out. AWESOME GAME!!!! GO LOBOES!!!!

Ranger Mom
10-11-2003, 01:51 AM
Well, where do I begin? I just want to know who stole the Ranger team who played against Andrews 2 weeks ago?

We came out flat and stayed flat the entire game!

It was almost surreal watching the game. Monahans came out ready to play and played consistant football for 4 entire quarters.

Sorry to any Rangers or Ranger Fans I might offend, but I did not see TEAMWORK on that field tonight. And without it, we have NOTHING!!

Here are my 5 favorite football quotes:

*Individual commitment to a group effort*

*Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much*

*Many of us are more capable than some of us . . . but none of us is as capable as all of us!!"*

*Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds*

*Hard work and hustle will beat talent when talent will not work hard and hustle.*

etcoach
10-11-2003, 02:08 AM
I am honestly not trying to offend anyone, especially Rangermom, but why is Greenwood giving up so many points? Isn't this the 2nd or 3rd game this season that someone has put up30+ on them? Last year, I was most impressed with their defense and am just wondering what is going on?

vet93
10-11-2003, 08:19 AM
The Bearcats won 27 to 21 in a close game.

sinton66:
How did Ballinger do Vet93?

vet93
10-11-2003, 08:21 AM
Etcoach...I think that you are right...the Greenwood team of last year was much more consistent defensively. I think that they lost 2 to 3 solid play makers up front from last years team and that is tough to lose, even when you are returning alot.

etcoach:
I am honestly not trying to offend anyone, especially Rangermom, but why is Greenwood giving up so many points? Isn't this the 2nd or 3rd game this season that someone has put up30+ on them? Last year, I was most impressed with their defense and am just wondering what is going on?

GWOOD
10-11-2003, 09:22 AM
Our defense lost some key players from last years team. All-State first team defensive end, 2nd team all-state safety, and our middle linebacker was All-state as well (3rd team?, Honorable mention?). However, the middle linebacker last year was the heart and soul of our defense. In 20 years of watching high school football, I don't think I've seen a tougher kid. Had a Zac Thomas mentality in a smaller body.

This year our middle linebacker is a junior and got hurt in the Sweetwater game. Last night was his first night back and he reinjured in the first defenseive series of the game. He came back in the 2nd quarter and played cautiously until the 4th quarter.

However, this year's team is better offensively than last year's team. While we are giving up more points, we are scoring more points. Personally, I think you escape your "down times against teame you should win with defense. Last night we went up 21-14 with 8 minutes left in the half and didn't score again until the 7:30 in the 4th quarter. During that time the defense gave up 21 points and we were down 35-21.

At 35-34 with 1:43 in the game, Wilber barely missed left on the extra point. I am hurting for this young man this morning. He leaves nothing after the game. 100% play every second of every game. Has a good chance to win a kicking spot on some college team. Willingly takes the leadership mantle and is probably blaming himself for the loss this morning. Would be nothing without his passing, running, and leadership.

I feel confident that the Rangers will bounce back. Personally, I would not want to be the team that played them next Friday night.....Kermit.

Knightmoon
10-11-2003, 09:50 AM
And to think nobody believed me when I said Monahans had a good team when Merkel beat them for the first game of the season.LOL. Good Game Monahans. That was an upset equal to the Clyde Bulldogs beating Wylie last night. Folks will be talking about these two games all week. Both games could have some interesting consequences in both districts.

wildstangs
10-11-2003, 12:52 PM
Knightmoon:
And to think nobody believed me when I said Monahans had a good team when Merkel beat them for the first game of the season.LOL. Good Game Monahans. That was an upset equal to the Clyde Bulldogs beating Wylie last night. Folks will be talking about these two games all week. Both games could have some interesting consequences in both districts.Maybe I owe you lunch since you proved me wrong about Monahans Knightmoon :) Congrats on Merkels win last week. We got Denver City and Lamesa before we play Merkel. Cant wait.