View Full Version : Dunk of the Year

Matthew328
03-11-2013, 07:26 PM
poor Brandon Knight....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_rKW3HL9GE

Old Tiger
03-11-2013, 07:38 PM
Great dunk....

My favorite dunk of all time was Pippen over Ewing.

Roughneck93
03-11-2013, 10:13 PM
http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/rip-brandon-knight-deandre-jordan-face.png

Lol at the chalk outline :clap:...

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/brandon-knight-chalk-outline.png

Farmersfan
03-13-2013, 07:49 AM
I'm not at all impressed with a 7 footer who can dunk over a 6 footer. I'd be more concerned if this guy couldn't dunk like this. In fact is there a single NBA player that can't dunk? What I'm sick of watching is the reaction of bench players when he did this. Just goes to show how the class of NBA players has gone way down hill in recent years. I've said for a couple of decades now that the NBA is now more about flash than substance. I don't care to watch a troup of monkeys on the sideline act like these guys always act. It's a "In your Face" attitude now and I don't like it. Ok, i'm off my soapbox..... sorry.

Old Tiger
03-13-2013, 10:44 AM
I'm not at all impressed with a 7 footer who can dunk over a 6 footer. I'd be more concerned if this guy couldn't dunk like this. In fact is there a single NBA player that can't dunk? What I'm sick of watching is the reaction of bench players when he did this. Just goes to show how the class of NBA players has gone way down hill in recent years. I've said for a couple of decades now that the NBA is now more about flash than substance. I don't care to watch a troup of monkeys on the sideline act like these guys always act. It's a "In your Face" attitude now and I don't like it. Ok, i'm off my soapbox..... sorry.

It has always been that way when someone gets postered.

Saggy Aggie
03-13-2013, 11:25 AM

Lol shut up. You're not impressed with that dunk?

That's like saying you're not impressed with a 65 yard field goal. Sure they can all make 30 yd fgs... But they can't all do THAT.

And why not let them react like that when their teammate just threw down a monster dunk? What do you want them to do? Calmly golf clap? Gimme a break

defense51
03-13-2013, 10:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gxRBoYL1Go Not recent, but my favorite was Tom Chambers over Mark Jackson

Matthew328
03-14-2013, 07:27 AM
Basketball can be an emotional game...I always played with passion and if someone from my team dunked on someone like that I'd be pretty fired up myself...

Farmersfan
03-14-2013, 08:14 AM
It has always been that way when someone gets postered.

In the first place it hasn't "Always" been that way and in the second place it's Posterized, not "postered"!

Farmersfan
03-14-2013, 08:25 AM
Lol shut up. You're not impressed with that dunk?

That's like saying you're not impressed with a 65 yard field goal. Sure they can all make 30 yd fgs... But they can't all do THAT.

And why not let them react like that when their teammate just threw down a monster dunk? What do you want them to do? Calmly golf clap? Gimme a break

I'm thinking your metaphor is a bit off SA. This was hardly comparable to a 65 yard FG. It was impressive when compared to what you or I could do but not compared to what NBA players can do. I would say a big percentage of them can dunk like this and basically all 7 footers can do it. (except for maybe Dirk). The reaction from the bench was based on the fact that he dunked over another player or actually knocked another player down. The bench "monkeys" didn't seem to care that the player who got dunked on was a 6' point guard.

Old Tiger
03-14-2013, 10:14 AM
In the first place it hasn't "Always" been that way and in the second place it's Posterized, not "postered"!

You're right it wasn't that way when the NBA was all white! My bad and sorry for not knowing the exact phrasing. If those are your only arguments against what I said then they are lacking.

Farmersfan
03-15-2013, 01:40 PM
You're right it wasn't that way when the NBA was all white! My bad and sorry for not knowing the exact phrasing. If those are your only arguments against what I said then they are lacking.

So what you are saying is this is a black thang?

Old Tiger
03-15-2013, 01:45 PM
So what you are saying is this is a black thang?

Yes and you wouldn't understand.