PDA

View Full Version : Bandera

21 Iso
03-11-2013, 11:56 AM
Any scoop on who might get this job?

footballguru
03-11-2013, 04:53 PM
Sine from Columbus and Kornegey from Yoakum are the two finalist.

YTBulldogs
03-11-2013, 08:09 PM
According to Brent, it's news to him to be a finalist. Yes, he did apply, but as not heard a word since interview. Sure hope Sine get's it.:)

Seriously, Brent is a great coach and AD for all the programs, and I wish him well if he does get it.

Yoakum has a very good team returning, so--it too should draw some interest. Honored to have had my son play his varsity years under Kornegay.

dog40
03-12-2013, 09:59 AM
On the surface, I would think the Yoakum job is a better gig than Bandera...

YTBulldogs
03-12-2013, 10:22 AM
It's not all about the job. I know he loves the country there and get's him closer to his lease:). I can't blame him for wanting that job myself. Lovely town.

Phil C
03-12-2013, 10:24 AM
Did you all know Bandera is the County seat of Bandera County? A few years ago they had the youngest County Auditor in the State. I don't know if it is so now.

Matthew328
03-12-2013, 12:54 PM
Did you all know Bandera is the County seat of Bandera County? A few years ago they had the youngest County Auditor in the State. I don't know if it is so now.

12 have interviewed so far....5 more interview today...they'll have two finalists and probably name someone early next week

Bullaholic
03-12-2013, 01:22 PM
12 have interviewed so far....5 more interview today...they'll have two finalists and probably name someone early next week

Dang, Matt--seems like a lot of county auditors want the Bandera job....:D

21 Iso
03-18-2013, 09:27 AM
Any word on this job?

Matthew328
03-18-2013, 10:13 AM
they are down to 2...one interview tomorrow and one Wednesday

bulldog82
03-18-2013, 02:03 PM
they are down to 2...one interview tomorrow and one Wednesday

Haven't heard anything, even friends on schoolboard don't know anything. Do know from friends of some applicants that have been interviewed that it was very unprofessional. seems like the ones or one making decissions has made up their mind already and all these interviews are just a formality. They just need to get this process over with so these boys can get some direction in spring football before the years over. I know some that want to know what direction to go with 7 on 7

Matthew328
03-18-2013, 02:23 PM
At least one of the finalists is very supportive of playing 7 on 7

YTBulldogs
03-18-2013, 02:31 PM
Haven't heard anything, even friends on schoolboard don't know anything. Do know from friends of some applicants that have been interviewed that it was very unprofessional. seems like the ones or one making decissions has made up their mind already and all these interviews are just a formality. They just need to get this process over with so these boys can get some direction in spring football before the years over. I know some that want to know what direction to go with 7 on 7

I agree with both schools involved. The one losing a coach and the one gaining one. It will all be ok in the end I'm sure.

bulldog82
03-18-2013, 05:24 PM
I agree with both schools involved. The one losing a coach and the one gaining one. It will all be ok in the end I'm sure.

Yea , but I hate this hurry up and wait..

Scoop27
03-18-2013, 05:31 PM
Bandera has the best honky tonk's in the state

21 Iso
03-22-2013, 08:10 AM
Any word?

Matthew328
03-22-2013, 08:57 AM
decision today....school board meeting Monday to make it official

Matthew328
03-22-2013, 01:55 PM
decision today....school board meeting Monday to make it official

Bandera hires Columbus HC David T. Sine

Red&White_9x5
03-22-2013, 02:22 PM
Columbus must not be a very good gig. He made it one year there!

YTBulldogs
03-22-2013, 11:11 PM
Nice pick Bandera. Whew!!!

bulldog82
03-25-2013, 01:55 PM
Bandera hires Columbus HC David T. Sine

Great, Now get his a** here and get to work. Let these boys get an idea on what direction he wants them to go.

Cam
03-25-2013, 02:00 PM
Great, Now get his a** here and get to work. Let these boys get an idea on what direction he wants them to go.

Bandera has always had some scrappy kids. Maybe this guy will get things going for them! Watch out for Bandera!

the genious
03-25-2013, 08:43 PM
The Columbus Super Intendent (sorry for spelling) never supported Sine and made him hire certain coaches trying to get enough of his guys in there where he can run everything and not let Sine do his job! I felt sorry for Sine because he genuinely tried and wanted to stay but with zero support I don't blame him

hookandladder
03-26-2013, 06:18 AM
At least one of the finalists is very supportive of playing 7 on 7

7 on 7 is very overated, it is getting as bad as Girls select Volleyball. Just a bunch of BS for people to make money.

Matthew328
03-26-2013, 08:47 AM
7 on 7 is very overated, it is getting as bad as Girls select Volleyball. Just a bunch of BS for people to make money.

I know the amount of money made in 7 on 7 is highly overstated.....
The merits are up for debate, even though I feel if used properly is a very useful tool...
Sine was the finalist I was speaking of who is supportive of 7 on 7 FWIW

hookandladder
03-26-2013, 10:17 AM
Teams get more out of hitting the weight rooms and working out together during the summer then playing flag football, to each his own. Football is a team sport, Championship's in football are won with team work not just skilled players.

Matthew328
03-26-2013, 10:25 AM
Teams get more out of hitting the weight rooms and working out together during the summer then playing flag football, to each his own. Football is a team sport, Championship's in football are won with team work not just skilled players.

I actually agree with this, just not sure why there can't be room for both.

YTBulldogs
03-26-2013, 11:52 AM
7 on 7 has it's place. But, no way it should over-shadow weights and the bonding of the entire team concept in the summer IMO. Dern sure can't win a thing without the HOGS up front come August. And yes, I look for Sine to totally revamp that current Bandera off season program. Day's are gone of kicking a soccer ball around during the athletic period and replaced with weight lifting, sprints and quickness building drills I bet. Better day's ahead of you Bandera, and congrats in getting a good man at the helm. Just let him do his job there.

Gone Fishing
03-27-2013, 08:20 PM
7 on 7 is good. It doesn't replace anything in a GOOD program, it just adds to it. I have watched WT play it for 4 years and it helped our skill players and most of all I think it helped the younger or back up players get better before two a days.

FB-fanatic
03-27-2013, 08:35 PM
7 on 7 is good. It doesn't replace anything in a GOOD program, it just adds to it. I have watched WT play it for 4 years and it helped our skill players and most of all I think it helped the younger or back up players get better before two a days.
What he said.

LibertyCap1799
03-29-2013, 02:02 PM
Too bad, soccer is the best sport to reach true athleticism, the world knows it, why is it so hard for you to accept it Grandpa? times are changing!

YTBulldogs
03-29-2013, 02:39 PM
Too bad, soccer is the best sport to reach true athleticism, the world knows it, why is it so hard for you to accept it Grandpa? times are changing!

Don't think fútbol will replace football in Texas as the king. It's gaining, true. Yes, you have to be good winded to play it too. Football is what carry's all the other sports available for schools to have for it's students to partake in. Just don't see playing it is a solid offseason program.

LibertyCap1799
03-29-2013, 02:51 PM
If you would look at budgets around the state, and I encourage you to do
So, football doesn't make more than it spends, ask any school board/ Sup and they will confer, but does playing basketball when football is over hinder a football player, if anything it will help them, same with soccer, believe it or not but weights year round will be great for powerlifting, but not football

YTBulldogs
03-29-2013, 05:33 PM
Well have to agree to disagree LC.

LibertyCap1799
03-29-2013, 05:47 PM
If I were a football AD, I would look to my basketball players to help me have a successful program,
They will have better footwork, a much better first step, way better hand eye coordination, and are more explosive, soccer athletes would be your best corners, it isnt by chance that the top recruited HS football players also are very skilled basketball players, I would bet they played basketball way before they started football. Personally I laugh at peewee football, these poor kids achieve nothing skill wise and get to High School only to be passed over for the basketball players who grew up playing in the neighborhood courts. Btw Wes Welker was a very talented soccer player, and I don't know too many other white wide receivers who are comparable, probably because they all played peewee football, middle school football, and high school football their whole lives and never developed

BwdLion73
03-29-2013, 06:49 PM
While I think all kinds of sports and activity is good for a youngster your premise about the corners is kind of strange. I think some of the cornerbacks playing football might make your best soccer athletes...:)

LibertyCap1799
03-30-2013, 08:35 AM
While I think all kinds of sports and activity is good for a youngster your premise about the corners is kind of strange. I think some of the cornerbacks playing football might make your best soccer athletes...:)

Well, I played football at Angelo State for 5 years ( 1 red shirt year) and played both basketball and soccer at a 5A school in San Antonio. I can tell you that the majority of the players on ASU were tremendous athletes in a variety of sports. Most of them played sports like basketball, baseball, and soccer before ever touching a football. Often their are too many people that want to blame other sports for their failed football success, but sometimes I forget that is what all losers in life do, blame their problems on others.

Crow22
03-30-2013, 09:37 AM
If you would look at budgets around the state, and I encourage you to do
So, football doesn't make more than it spends, ask any school board/ Sup and they will confer, but does playing basketball when football is over hinder a football player, if anything it will help them, same with soccer, believe it or not but weights year round will be great for powerlifting, but not football

I'm an athletic director at an average sized 2A. I can assure you that football makes more than it spends. We spend about $7,000 per year on football. We have an average intake on Friday nights of about $12,000. That's about $60,000 per year with 5 home games. That money goes directly into the general fund for the ISD.

I apologize for infusing facts into the debate.

BwdLion73
03-30-2013, 09:55 AM
Well, I played football at Angelo State for 5 years ( 1 red shirt year) and played both basketball and soccer at a 5A school in San Antonio. I can tell you that the majority of the players on ASU were tremendous athletes in a variety of sports. Most of them played sports like basketball, baseball, and soccer before ever touching a football. Often their are too many people that want to blame other sports for their failed football success, but sometimes I forget that is what all losers in life do, blame their problems on others.

Wow....

hollywood
03-30-2013, 10:13 AM
Congrats on Bandera's new hire. Beautiful area and community.

hollywood
03-30-2013, 10:21 AM

Whether good athletes continue to get gain more athletism through sports like soccer and basketball is debatable. Whether sports like soccer and basketball help improve average athletes into better athletes, I will agree. Any sport that requires athletes to be fit, conditioned for stamina, above average hand, eye, foot coordination will imrove any athletes agility. One of Stephenville's best utility players in football this past season was Alex Sanchez. Was in gymnastics and soccer as a youngster, and is on the varsity soccer team who is in the 3rd round of the playoffs. Check out his flip throw-in on youtube.

IMO, soccer is the most demanding sports physically to endure a full season. No timeouts, only 1 break at halftime and continue to run, move in a way that takes tremendous conditioning to perform at a high level. FYI... the average midfielder in a fulll length soccer game runs 7 miles.

Carry on

Manso/V8
03-31-2013, 12:47 PM

I don't see your point. Most kids that like sports play basketball, baseball, soccer, and some play peewee football before the reach junior high. It might have been different at your 5A high school, but in 3A, most kids that like playing sports, especially the good athletes, will play at least 2 and sometimes up to 4 sports in high school. Here in Bellville, most kids(at least the boys) are playing 3 sports their freshman sophomore year and then some trim it down to 2 sports. The former AD here required kids to participate in at least 2 sports to be in Athletics. Congrats on you time at ASU. Kids that get the opportunity to play in college are usually very good athletes and pretty competitive in other sports as well. I think it would be strange if the other ASU players hadn't participated and done well in sports besides football when they were younger. Great athletes come from all sports. In the USA, the best athletes tend to flow to the most popular sports, football, basketball, and baseball. I don't see high school soccer teams as a hot bed of college football recruiting, or college soccer teams as a hot bed of NFL recruiting.......I can't even think of an example of a soccer player making the transition to the NFL. We know some college basketball players can convert to awesome NFL players.

I may be biased because I think soccer is boring.

YTBulldogs
03-31-2013, 01:38 PM
I don't see your point. Most kids that like sports play basketball, baseball, soccer, and some play peewee football before the reach junior high. It might have been different at your 5A high school, but in 3A, most kids that like playing sports, especially the good athletes, will play at least 2 and sometimes up to 4 sports in high school. Here in Bellville, most kids(at least the boys) are playing 3 sports their freshman sophomore year and then some trim it down to 2 sports. The former AD here required kids to participate in at least 2 sports to be in Athletics. Congrats on you time at ASU. Kids that get the opportunity to play in college are usually very good athletes and pretty competitive in other sports as well. I think it would be strange if the other ASU players hadn't participated and done well in sports besides football when they were younger. Great athletes come from all sports. In the USA, the best athletes tend to flow to the most popular sports, football, basketball, and baseball. I don't see high school soccer teams as a hot bed of college football recruiting, or college soccer teams as a hot bed of NFL recruiting.......I can't even think of an example of a soccer player making the transition to the NFL. We know some college basketball players can convert to awesome NFL players.

I may be biased because I think soccer is boring.

You might get a few soccer players that can kick in football at the college and NFL levels. Of course, they make good kickers at the HS level too. We've got one coming up through the ranks currently. All he does is kick the entire practice. That's cool, cause it's what he does best. LC, I'm sure there was more fan's at a soccer match in SA than football games. I know they don't attend football games very well at Burbank, Memorial, Lanier, Sam Houston and Jefferson to name a few. Seen numerous games at these schools over the years. Sad, you'd think the players family or even the band or cheerleader family would attend. So, you maybe right in regards to those football programs not turning a profit. But, in most Texas 3A and smaller schools, it's a big influx of cash to support other programs, such as soccer, tennis, golf, etc.

LibertyCap1799
03-31-2013, 09:54 PM
I'm an athletic director at an average sized 2A. I can assure you that football makes more than it spends. We spend about $7,000 per year on football. We have an average intake on Friday nights of about $12,000. That's about $60,000 per year with 5 home games. That money goes directly into the general fund for the ISD.

I apologize for infusing facts into the debate.

Thank you for infusing your facts, here is an addition to your facts, $60,000 doesn't even pay th head coaches salary which is a cost for the football program, only a handful of Universities make money off their football programs, Forbes magazine did a study a few years ago on this, do some research!

stxfan
04-01-2013, 08:43 AM
LC sure seems like a frustrated, angry person.

YTBulldogs
04-01-2013, 09:00 AM
Yup. Was just thinking that myself. Sad. Relax and enjoy the 3ADL Family I say. :wave:

pancho villa
04-01-2013, 09:45 AM
At our school we have quite a few football players that play soccer. I do know the worst athletes on our football team are the best ones on the soccer team. Just sayin!

Manso/V8
04-01-2013, 02:31 PM
baseball = standaround
soccer = runaround, and then complain that no one appreciates soccer

Manso/V8
04-01-2013, 02:34 PM
You might get a few soccer players that can kick in football at the college and NFL levels.

I forget the kickers. I bet most of the kickers that make the switch from soccer to football kicker, stick with football over soccer.

hollywood
04-01-2013, 03:36 PM
Manso/V8, have you ever played soccer?

Cam
04-01-2013, 03:52 PM
I coached my son's soccer team when he was only 5 years old up until 9 years old. Then I decided I didn't have enough skills to continue teaching him so I left the rest of his soccer career to more qualified coaches. He played up until he was 13 and was pretty darn good at it. I remember my pediatrician saying soccer was the best sport a kid could play for his cardiovascular development and that it would prepare them for any other sport they played in the future. She was right. My boy turned out to be a pretty good middle linebacker in football. He was tireless. Soccer is good. :2thumbsup

hollywood
04-01-2013, 04:56 PM
At our school we have quite a few football players that play soccer. I do know the worst athletes on our football team are the best ones on the soccer team. Just sayin!

lol.. well in Texas, boys really don't have a choice. Don't get me wrong, football is #1 for me and I support high school football 100%. But, in other parts of the world, the best athletes play soccer. Athletes that could play American football if they were guided that direction from youth like we do our boys here. Athletes just as fast, big and strong. Now, you won't find a 6'6" 330 lb dude running around the soccer field, but you will find 6'2" forwards who can flat out fly, 5'10-6'0" midfielders who can run all day and 6'3" 210 lb defenders that will tackle your ass in the dirt and 6'6" goalkeepers who can punt the ball a mile.

Crow22
04-01-2013, 05:28 PM
lol.. well in Texas, boys really don't have a choice. Don't get me wrong, football is #1 for me and I support high school football 100%. But, in other parts of the world, the best athletes play soccer. Athletes that could play American football if they were guided that direction from youth like we do our boys here. Athletes just as fast, big and strong. Now, you won't find a 6'6" 330 lb dude running around the soccer field, but you will find 6'2" forwards who can flat out fly, 5'10-6'0" midfielders who can run all day and 6'3" 210 lb defenders that will tackle your ass in the dirt and 6'6" goalkeepers who can punt the ball a mile.

I cannot believe we're debating soccer vs football on a 3A football message board. What's next? How about debating the looks of Janet Reno and Mila Kunis?

Manso/V8
04-01-2013, 05:40 PM
Manso/V8, have you ever played soccer?

Yes.

hollywood
04-01-2013, 05:45 PM
Bandera is a nice town

LibertyCap1799
04-01-2013, 05:54 PM
Bandera is a nice town

I hope Bandera does well next year, in all of their sports, District is solid but I feel Football could make playoffs, They got some good size athletes out there

Gone Fishing
04-01-2013, 09:47 PM
I hate soccer, sorry. Just saying... Good luck Bandera, time to get back going.....

pancho villa
04-02-2013, 08:09 AM

Somebody has a man crush.