PDA

View Full Version : 70 Years Ago on 3-9-43 Chess Champion Bobby Fischer was born in Chicago, IL.

Phil C
03-09-2013, 09:27 AM
I know there is controversy in his life but at one time he helped chess become more popular in the U.S. From 1969 to 1972 he was completely dominate in world chess. That is why I consider him the best chess player and feel no one would have beaten him during those peak years when he was on the road to the world championship in chess. And he did it alone. He didn't use other great ones that would examine games that were adjorned like his Soviet opponents. His dominance was like the Chicago Bears team in 1985 that went 14-2 during the regular season (and the majority of wins was by double digits) and then dominated each playoff and super bowl game by winning by 21 or more points. But then it would be like the Bears doing it again for 3 more straight years. That is how he dominated.

Phil C
03-09-2013, 09:29 AM
It would also be like the great NBA Boston Dynasties with Bill Russell but with not too many close games.

regaleagle
03-30-2013, 04:35 PM
Nice reflections, Phil. We all have a talent that makes us unique in the world. For some, it's dominance in a sport or competition. For most, it's not so apparent. For you Phil, I'd say it is quite a bit more subtle, haha. But you do have a uniqueness that only you can elicit. Keep it coming. I enjoy reading your posts.

Phil C
04-01-2013, 10:09 AM
Thank you regaleagle. The clip below is an interview he gave in 1971 and it is a different Bobby Fischer. Too bad he changed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPlXC3M8hbg