PDA

View Full Version : LaGrange Baseball Tournament (scores)

YTBulldogs
03-08-2013, 10:34 AM
Awwww, love this bad boy. Can someone keep us updated with the results in this tournament please? I have two softball tourney's to call, and can't make all the games like I wanted. If you attend this tournament, you must try the shrimp. Only place I been in HS games, that serves some good butterfly shrimp. Awesome job LaGrange boosters. Stay away rain!!!!!

hookandladder
03-08-2013, 10:47 AM
Thursday scores

La Grange 9 Manor 0

Jarrell 4 Bellville 1

Bellville 8 Manor 2

La Grange 2 Jarrell 0

LG winning pitchers game 1 - Drab 4 hits with 8 k

WP - game 2 Vinklarek - 2 hits 12 K.

Both pitched complete games

YTBulldogs
03-08-2013, 11:06 PM
I see Yoakum won both their games.

6-1 over Caldwell
5-4 over Shiner St. Paul

Yoakum/LG in finals tomorrow.

Tejastrue
03-09-2013, 01:28 AM
No surprise there.

hookandladder
03-09-2013, 09:16 AM
No surprise there.

Pitching matchup's have a lot to do with tournament wins, had Jarrell been able to throw the Cooper kid and Caldwell throw the Suehs kid outcomes could have been flipped. That is why it is very hard to go by what happens in tournaments, totally different in District.

YTBulldogs
03-09-2013, 11:33 AM
Pitching matchup's have a lot to do with tournament wins, had Jarrell been able to throw the Cooper kid and Caldwell throw the Suehs kid outcomes could have been flipped. That is why it is very hard to go by what happens in tournaments, totally different in District.

I will say, this is the first year in a while, Yoakum don't have a real #1 on the bump. Five or six #3's. They are finally learning it's easier to pitch to contact, reduce walks (make teams earn it) and let that solid "D" work for them. Should be a great finals, and tells us how we stack up against the projected district winner. LG is solid and deserves that projection for sure.

SintonFan_inAustin
03-09-2013, 11:55 AM
I will say, this is the first year in a while, Yoakum don't have a real #1 on the bump. Five or six #3's. They are finally learning it's easier to pitch to contact, reduce walks (make teams earn it) and let that solid "D" work for them. Should be a great finals, and tells us how we stack up against the projected district winner. LG is solid and deserves that projection for sure.limit the walks and play sound defense and the odds of winning are very high.

SintonFan_inAustin
03-09-2013, 11:58 AM
Was hoping to make it to Sinton at Yoakum on Tuesday but can't take off as fellow empolyee beat me to that day off. I'll be following it through gamechanger.

YTBulldogs
03-09-2013, 11:58 AM
limit the walks and play sound defense and the odds of winning are very high.

That's what we have to do. We don't have our normal dominating pitcher. Don't give em 4,5 outs an inning and free base runners.

YTBulldogs
03-09-2013, 11:59 AM
Was hoping to make it to Sinton at Yoakum on Tuesday but can't take off as fellow empolyee beat be to that day off. I'll following it through gamechanger.

Yes, that will be another "marker" where we are heading into district play.

hookandladder
03-09-2013, 11:20 PM
La Grange wins Championship game 6-4 , good game by both teams.

YTBulldogs
03-10-2013, 11:12 AM
Great tournament as always. Should be a great district race. Good luck to all.