PDA

View Full Version : George Strait ticket prices

Scoop27
03-06-2013, 10:19 PM
Some George Strait tickets on the floor level through ticket brokers are going for $5,000 each.

Bull Butter
03-07-2013, 10:40 PM
A far cry from my Freshman year at SWT (82) when I saw him at Chilympiad for $4

MUSTANG69
03-08-2013, 12:50 PM
My wife and I paid $ 200.00 for tickets on upper level.

Emerson1
03-09-2013, 08:08 AM
Reliant seats like 60,000 doesn't it? Should have gotten online right when they went on sale and you would have bought them at face value. San Antonio goes on sale today btw.

It would have been cool if he did one last tour of Texas bars that he got started in. George is all about the $$$$ now so that will never happen. If it did it would probably be $100 a ticket.

Scoop27
03-10-2013, 09:12 AM
I was lucky and got two George's tickets for $60 each face value for Alamo Dome on June 1. I got on the phone before they went on sale and go it after being on hold for 20 minutes.

MUSTANG69
03-19-2013, 12:03 PM
I was lucky and got two George's tickets for $60 each face value for Alamo Dome on June 1. I got on the phone before they went on sale and go it after being on hold for 20 minutes.

Martina McBride and George Strait put on a great show at the Houston Livestock Show. She played for about an hour and his show was about 2 hours. She came back out and did a couple of songs with him. I'll pass on the Randy Rogers Band.

Old Tiger
03-19-2013, 07:17 PM
I got screwed by Ticket Master...

Had two seats mid level for 150$ when they first came out....tried to enter my credit card information and did so. It told me that my credit card information was already on record. So I try to select my card it said it wasn't there. So I try to add it again and it said already on file again multiple times.

sTxforlife
03-20-2013, 11:49 PM
Ticketmaster screwed me as well, I was on there the second it turned 10 o'clock and had the tickets i wanted in about 30 seconds, after being on hold for 20 minutes they told me the tickets I had selected were already sold out.

sTxforlife
03-20-2013, 11:50 PM
Martina McBride and George Strait put on a great show at the Houston Livestock Show. She played for about an hour and his show was about 2 hours. She came back out and did a couple of songs with him. I'll pass on the Randy Rogers Band.
I was wondering what kind of show Randy Rogers would put on for that big of a crowd, sorry to hear you weren't impressed, every time I've seen them they've been very good.

MUSTANG69
03-21-2013, 09:36 AM
I was wondering what kind of show Randy Rogers would put on for that big of a crowd, sorry to hear you weren't impressed, every time I've seen them they've been very good.

He did a couple of songs I liked but the rest were kind of run of the mill. My wife really likes him. Maybe it is just me.

Emerson1
03-23-2013, 04:32 PM
Not many old men like RRB as it is anyways.

Emerson1
03-23-2013, 04:33 PM
Ticketmaster screwed me as well, I was on there the second it turned 10 o'clock and had the tickets i wanted in about 30 seconds, after being on hold for 20 minutes they told me the tickets I had selected were already sold out.
So were 100,000 other people trying to get 60,000 tickets or whatever the amount was they sold.

regaleagle
03-23-2013, 09:46 PM
Heck, I attended SWT with him 73-77. Those were really great days and a great time around San Marcos. I worked on some of the first houses to be built at Woodcreek in Wimberley, drank beer with Willie Nelson and Kent Finley, Marcia Ball, and even ZZ Top Band when they came by Cheatham Street Warehouse to visit from gigs in S.A. Yeah, back then we didn't even realize what was right in front of us. I even was offered the opportunity to help with Real Estate sales in a new development just getting under way called Horseshoe Bay. The recruiter told me I would be on the ground floor of a multimillion $$$ resort and in 5 years I could have whatever I wanted. Well, it was waaay out there by Marble Falls, and at 21 I wanted to be around the Austin scene. But I reckon ol' George listened to his heart and did just fine. I'm glad he did. Somewhere down the line we lifted a few together, as was the case on a regular basis in those days around San Marcos and Austin. We had Waylon, Armadillo World Headquarters, Thin Lizzy, Hansel & Gretal Bier Garten, Broken Spoke, Bull Creek Inn, Commander Cody & the Lost Planet Airmen, Alvin Crow, Hippie Hollow, and shooting the rapids at Waco Springs in flood stage...just to mention a few. Yeah, we all lifted a few back then....Central Texas was heaven on earth for a young person. I guess it still is. In my heart, it always will be.