PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Manziel insurance policy

Saggy Aggie
03-06-2013, 12:27 PM
Thoughts?

Phil C
03-06-2013, 12:32 PM
Saggy when is he eligible for the NFL draft? I'm not sure how they do with redshirt freshmen. I think he should take the maximum insurance he can because you never know what can happen.

NastySlot
03-06-2013, 01:27 PM
Saggy when is he eligible for the NFL draft? I'm not sure how they do with redshirt freshmen. I think he should take the maximum insurance he can because you never know what can happen.

he is eligible following this season.

and in my opinion barring injury....Gone.

Saggy Aggie
03-06-2013, 01:28 PM
he is eligible following this season.

and in my opinion barring injury....Gone.

Theyve basically already said that he's going to leave after this coming season, barring something crazy happening.

Cam
03-06-2013, 01:32 PM
Don't blame him for leaving...Some folks say he should enjoy his college experience....but his college experience consists of taking on-line courses stuck in his room cause I hear the kid gets mobbed anywhere he goes.....

NTFan
03-06-2013, 02:41 PM
Thoughts on college athletes leaving early for draft:

If you were a top-notch engineering student at aTm, and a potential employer was so impressed by your potential that he offered you 5-6 million bucks a year to come work for them after your sophomore year, would you turn it down? Consider that your employer was going to give you time to come back each spring and attend classes in order to obtain your degree if you so choose. Also, and most importantly perhaps, if you turn the offer down........it's off the table. Nothing guaranteed for next year. You could end up taking a job that pays 100K to entry level engineers after you graduate. What would you do?

It's a no-brainer. I know there was no one on here advocating staying in school, but the subject is bound to come up.

Buff42
03-07-2013, 10:27 AM
Thoughts on college athletes leaving early for draft:

If you were a top-notch engineering student at aTm, and a potential employer was so impressed by your potential that he offered you 5-6 million bucks a year to come work for them after your sophomore year, would you turn it down? Consider that your employer was going to give you time to come back each spring and attend classes in order to obtain your degree if you so choose. Also, and most importantly perhaps, if you turn the offer down........it's off the table. Nothing guaranteed for next year. You could end up taking a job that pays 100K to entry level engineers after you graduate. What would you do?

It's a no-brainer. I know there was no one on here advocating staying in school, but the subject is bound to come up.

Great analogy. I've said the same for years, just not as well.

Manso/V8
03-10-2013, 03:42 PM
We'll have to see how this season goes.
If the opportunity is presented, then he should cash in.
I haven't heard any expert opinion, but my impression is that he doesn't really project as a superstar NFL qb.

Saggy Aggie
03-10-2013, 05:18 PM
We'll have to see how this season goes.
If the opportunity is presented, then he should cash in.
I haven't heard any expert opinion, but my impression is that he doesn't really project as a superstar NFL qb.

Haha and he didn't project as a D1 qb either...

Anybody who passes on Johnny will regret it... Again

Manso/V8
03-10-2013, 11:13 PM
Haha and he didn't project as a D1 qb either...

Anybody who passes on Johnny will regret it... Again

That seals it. If Saggie Aggie is so sure Johnny is a top pro prospect, expect him to be holding a clipboard!

Johnny had something like 10 D1 offers coming out of high school. How is that not projecting as a D1 qb? LOL!

Saggy Aggie
03-11-2013, 12:11 AM
That seals it. If Saggie Aggie is so sure Johnny is a top pro prospect, expect him to be holding a clipboard!

Johnny had something like 10 D1 offers coming out of high school. How is that not projecting as a D1 qb? LOL!

And how many of those offers were to actually play QUARTERBACK?

And out of those, how many were to big time programs?

1? A&M?

I'll bet the other 100 something d1 schools regret it.

Johnny didn't wasn't a big time prospect (3*) and he prolly won't be a big time pro prospect, but everyone who passes will regret it.... Again.

hookandladder
03-11-2013, 07:34 AM

1? A&M?

Johnny didn't wasn't a big time prospect (3*) and he prolly won't be a big time pro prospect, but everyone who passes will regret it.... Again.

I am a big fan of Johnny football , i think he is an amazing college QB. He has won the Heisman , now can he deliver a NC. That is the big question and will do the most for A&M in the long run, another Heisman trophy for him will not do much for Sumlin unless they win a NC.

Weebe
03-11-2013, 08:16 AM
I am a big fan of Johnny football , i think he is an amazing college QB. He has won the Heisman , now can he deliver a NC. That is the big question and will do the most for A&M in the long run, another Heisman trophy for him will not do much for Sumlin unless they win a NC.

So back to back Heisman winners and another top 5 finish wouldn't do much to help Sumlin?

hookandladder
03-11-2013, 08:54 AM
So back to back Heisman winners and another top 5 finish wouldn't do much to help Sumlin?

If that is what your goal is and not a NC , then yes that would great for him. After the year A&M had , expectations should be higher then a top 5 finish. If that makes you happy , great for them.

Weebe
03-11-2013, 08:59 AM
If that is what your goal is and not a NC , then yes that would great for him. After the year A&M had , expectations should be higher then a top 5 finish. If that makes you happy , great for them.

What does me being happy have to do with what "helps" Sumlin and the program?

Two entirely different issues.

Oregon has never won a NC. Do you not think that the past 10 years of successful seasons have not "helped" their program?

Old Tiger
03-11-2013, 09:11 AM
It will be interesting to see how Matthews does at LT for A&M this year, if they decide to slide him to that side. Will also be nice to watch and see how well that line is missing Joeckel and the center.

hookandladder
03-11-2013, 10:11 AM
What does me being happy have to do with what "helps" Sumlin and the program?

Two entirely different issues.

Oregon has never won a NC. Do you not think that the past 10 years of successful seasons have not "helped" their program?

If you are being offered by A&M and Alabama , which one would you choose. The school that has won NC's are one that is happy with top 5 finishes, makes a differences.

Weebe
03-11-2013, 11:34 AM
If you are being offered by A&M and Alabama , which one would you choose. The school that has won NC's are one that is happy with top 5 finishes, makes a differences.

You have a poor grasp of the English language.

hookandladder
03-11-2013, 12:42 PM

OK, Thanks

Saggy Aggie
03-11-2013, 12:51 PM
It will be interesting to see how Matthews does at LT for A&M this year, if they decide to slide him to that side. Will also be nice to watch and see how well that line is missing Joeckel and the center.

Considering that A&M biggest strength is depth on the o line, I'd be willing to go out on a limb and say we'll be fine.

I don't think jake will have any issues at LT, considering he's already being projected as a top 5 pick in 2014.

Him and the O lineman from bama (Cedric whatever) will be the best 2 linemen in the SEC this year.

Manso/V8
03-11-2013, 11:42 PM

1? A&M?

First of all, a D1 scholarship is big in and of itself. They are a little more difficult to come by than admission to engineering school.
I thought Oregon and Stanford wanted him to play QB, what about Baylor?

He accomplished great things last season, I am sure he surpassed what A&M was expecting.
You sound like you have been following his career since his early high school days.
I am sure you called this one better than the all the recruiters and coaches.

Manso/V8
03-11-2013, 11:43 PM

Typo police.

Weebe
03-12-2013, 12:59 AM
Typo police.

No, he can't comprehend the meaning of what he types.

hookandladder
03-12-2013, 06:06 AM
No, he can't comprehend the meaning of what he types.

This guy knows it all, it has to be a 4A thing. We 3A guys cannot comprehend or is it a EL Campo thing, Thanks Weebe I will work on that for you.