PDA

View Full Version : Argyle OC Job

SF16
03-06-2013, 12:20 PM
interesting job here

Cam
03-06-2013, 01:16 PM
Where did the last OC go? My son's ex LB coach (Styron) is now at Argyle. Great coach!

firstdown
03-06-2013, 03:20 PM
interesting job here

Yes it is. Do you know something or just stirring the pot?

Matthew328
03-06-2013, 03:43 PM
Yes it is. Do you know something or just stirring the pot?

It's posted on THSCA...pretty good gig if you ask me...

firstdown
03-06-2013, 04:34 PM
It's posted on THSCA...pretty good gig if you ask me...

I haven't heard that. I wonder what happened to Harp? Hmmm......more to follow

BLACK ATTACK
03-06-2013, 07:57 PM
Talked to him today. He is just retiring.

regaleagle
03-06-2013, 09:29 PM
Yeah, that's been a winning combination with Rodgers/Harp over the years. Coach Harp's son J.J. was a heckuva qb for Argyle, and will be in his Sr. season in college this upcoming fall. I believe Coach Rodgers(about 10 yrs younger than Harp) has a son playing now and another coming up. I reckon if the right offer hit him between the eyes, he'd have to consider it. But he's got a real peachy situation right now @ Argyle, so it'd hafta be a really delicious deal for him to leave. Coach Harp is directly responsible for Argyle's past success with our spread offense. I hate to see him hang it up, but he leaving us stocked full of his offensive experience and philosophy that has boded well for our teams thruout the program. BTW, it was Rodgers and Harp that started the program here in Argyle 10 seasons ago....they got their 100th win in 2012. What an accomplishment to go out on. The Harps are very good people, and I wish him and his family the very best in his retirement. My son is friends with JJ and they played on the same SC team when my son was a junior and JJ was a soph.

firstdown
03-07-2013, 01:50 PM
BTW, it was Rodgers and Harp that started the program here in Argyle 10 seasons ago....they got their 100th win in 2012. What an accomplishment to go out on.

Hey Regal Jim Randall was the first AD/HC we had. He last one year I believe.

regaleagle
03-08-2013, 10:23 AM
Yeah, but that was our first year for football, and not even a Jr. or Sr. class. When Rodgers and Harp came in the next season, my son was a Freshman and it was really the start of our program with a full compliment of students, freshman-seniors. So that first year Argyle was not really playing with a full deck, so to speak.