PDA

View Full Version : New Hornet Football Coach and AD

Global Swarming
03-06-2013, 11:42 AM
Bobby Jack Goforth will be the new head football coach for Caldwell. He played here and decided to return to his alma mater to be the coach. He had been the head coach at San Antonio John Jay for the last 6 years. I'm really excited about this hire. I think that he will be the right man for the job. Just as long as the school board doesn't run him off in a couple of years.

XMan
03-06-2013, 07:06 PM
If he cant get it done in Caldwell, it might just never get done.

Global Swarming
03-06-2013, 08:13 PM
I hear you XMan. I just hope that they will keep him around long enough to turn it around. Maybe he can convince more kids to play because the last 2 years have been pathetic.

zebrablue2
03-06-2013, 08:54 PM
I hear you XMan. I just hope that they will keep him around long enough to turn it around. Maybe he can convince more kids to play because the last 2 years have been pathetic.

If not mistaken, his dad was at Bellville back in the day. He was a good coach, I spoke to him at the bellville/nav game in Dec. They had a good coach this past yr., don't know what happed there?? I wish coach Goforth all the best...

Additup
03-06-2013, 11:46 PM
Caldwell was very good 4-5 years ago before bad decisions got made by folks that don't know enough to know they don't know...good luck.

XMan
03-07-2013, 07:20 AM
This past year seemed like a disaster. Best part was the prerequisite that you had to play 2 sports to play 1 sport. Then, midway through the year the AD leaves. Maybe the rule should have been that the AD had to stay the whole year to coach football. Not only is the 2 for 1 deal against the UIL rules, but its a totally poor way to handle your athletes.

Additup
03-08-2013, 07:56 PM
This past year seemed like a disaster. Best part was the prerequisite that you had to play 2 sports to play 1 sport. Then, midway through the year the AD leaves. Maybe the rule should have been that the AD had to stay the whole year to coach football. Not only is the 2 for 1 deal against the UIL rules, but its a totally poor way to handle your athletes.
Southlake Carroll required 3 sports to be in the athletic period when they were in 3A with Ledbetter. At a 3A HS the athletes need to be playing mutiple sports instead of specializing in just one and splitting up the talent pool. Don't know that you need to require it, but you better be encouraging it.

XMan
03-09-2013, 08:43 AM
First off, its against UIL rules. Next, what happens when your star football players says, "I think ill just concentrate on football and wont play another sport." They are already done with their first choice. This is especially true with seniors. Lastly, all the non-football spring sport guys were MADE to participate in a fall sport and then the AD leaves. Its an all around bad idea. How bout have all the sports be quality programs that kids WANT to play? Those that do want to specialize (and there will be lots more footballers than others in this category) should be given every opportunity to excel in their chosen sport, no matter which one it is. Just my take.