PDA

View Full Version : What the heck are the Rangers.....

ethsfbnut
03-05-2013, 09:47 AM
doing with all this bs with Nolan? Kinda sounds like Nolan`s ride at the Ball Park may be over. Hope not. If true, gonna be a lot of pi$$ed off Ranger fans.

Macarthur
03-05-2013, 10:43 AM
Hard to know with all the speculation. It does trouble me the longer it goes with Nolan not addressing it. It would be really disappointing if this doesn't end well.

Bullaholic
03-05-2013, 11:07 AM
It's called--"Young guy and the money make power play on old guy".....Happens a lot in the corporate world---Rangers are no different. Sadly, sign of the times. Hope it may end well with Nolan staying in a non-figurehead, functioning capacity.

defense51
03-06-2013, 04:21 PM
How can you get rid of Nolan Ryan? That's like Christmas firing Santa Claus...

Rabid Cougar
03-06-2013, 04:37 PM
How can you get rid of Nolan Ryan? That's like Christmas firing Santa Claus...
:iagree::iagree::iagree:

Nolan wants his pitchers to pitch like Nolan. Problem is, these pitchers don't workout like Nolan and have the same technique as Nolan. Now if he wants to go get Verlander, Lincecum and Bauer he will have some of his kind to work with.

Tejastrue
03-06-2013, 05:34 PM
For those of you wanting Washington out..I would think this is the ideal way to go about.

regaleagle
03-06-2013, 10:08 PM
Not exactly a good trade-off, is it.....either way!!! It's all speculation at this point what exactly is happening, but whatever it is....we'll know shortly. Opening day is 3 weeks away.

Farmersfan
03-07-2013, 08:53 AM
Sounds like to me Nolan was taking far too much credit for the recent success of the Rangers and the man who is really responsible took offense to it. Nolan had a great influence on the entire organization but other than improving the food at the stadium and bringing some "NOLAN" attitude I can't really think of anything Nolan really did of substance. Anyone?

ethsfbnut
03-07-2013, 09:59 AM
Sounds like to me Nolan was taking far too much credit for the recent success of the Rangers and the man who is really responsible took offense to it. Nolan had a great influence on the entire organization but other than improving the food at the stadium and bringing some "NOLAN" attitude I can't really think of anything Nolan really did of substance. Anyone?

Don`t remember Nolan saying or implying "all the credit for Rangers success" is his doing. He`s always been pretty gracious and passed that success around to JD, Wash, scouts, owners, etc.

Others in organization have said of the influence Nolan`s had on the pitchers attitude and success.

It probably doesn`t mean much, but I (along with a lot of others) get a charge out of seeing Nolan sitting down there by the dugout during games. After all, there is a statue at The Ball Park of him and he is the best, most regonized player in Ranger history. All this probably won`t effect their performance one way or the other, but it would suck not to have his association with the team. Lot better here than down in Houston.

Farmersfan
03-07-2013, 10:13 AM
Don`t remember Nolan saying or implying "all the credit for Rangers success" is his doing. He`s always been pretty gracious and passed that success around to JD, Wash, scouts, owners, etc.

Others in organization have said of the influence Nolan`s had on the pitchers attitude and success.

It probably doesn`t mean much, but I (along with a lot of others) get a charge out of seeing Nolan sitting down there by the dugout during games. After all, there is a statue at The Ball Park of him and he is the best, most regonized player in Ranger history. All this probably won`t effect their performance one way or the other, but it would suck not to have his association with the team. Lot better here than down in Houston.

Perhaps I should have said the credit for the Rangers success was more "implied" by media than actually claimed by Nolan. And I agree that it would be a shame for Nolan to go away and especially if he goes to Houston. But my point was that I don't think it was Nolan that took the Rangers to the world Series 2 years in a row. If he had any impact on the team at all I can't really put a finger on it. The whole influence on the pitchers is nothing more than media talk. Comparing the Ranger's pitchers to every other MLB team out there wouldn't indicate the Ranger's guys have any real "NOLAN RYAN" influence in them. Just sayin'! If it comes down to a choice between Daniels and Ryan then give me Daniels every single time.

Farmersfan
03-07-2013, 10:15 AM

And the "Nolan getting too much credit" thing wasn't my idea. I heard one of the media talking heads on Sportscenter indicating that insiders said the Nolan gets too much credit. Maybe it was J. Daniels who said it????? :eek:

ethsfbnut
03-07-2013, 10:51 AM
Perhaps I should have said the credit for the Rangers success was more "implied" by media than actually claimed by Nolan. And I agree that it would be a shame for Nolan to go away and especially if he goes to Houston. But my point was that I don't think it was Nolan that took the Rangers to the world Series 2 years in a row. If he had any impact on the team at all I can't really put a finger on it. The whole influence on the pitchers is nothing more than media talk. Comparing the Ranger's pitchers to every other MLB team out there wouldn't indicate the Ranger's guys have any real "NOLAN RYAN" influence in them. Just sayin'! If it comes down to a choice between Daniels and Ryan then give me Daniels every single time.

You are right that Ranger pitchers have not shown any "real Nolan" influence in them. Ain`t many, if any, Nolan Ryans on any MLB staffs.

Agree, JD has shown he`s a very good gm and valuable. Got to keep him around. Would just hate to see Nolan gone.