http://txhighschoolbaseball.com/3a/3a-top-25-march-4th/

Yoe_09
03-04-2013, 10:00 PM
2A: http://txhighschoolbaseball.com/2a/2a-top-25-march-4th/
4A: http://txhighschoolbaseball.com/4a/4a-top-25-march-4th-2/
5A: http://txhighschoolbaseball.com/5a/5a-top-25-mar-4/

regaleagle
03-05-2013, 05:08 AM
Heck, I guess the fact that Argyle already beat West in the season opener 6-1 don't count, huh? You know whoever voted must have looked at the records and games played. Why even bother if you're not gonna take a game against two Top Tens preseason seriously. Head to head SHOULD count, regardless of how early it is. Both teams have similar records....so I say put Argyle ahead of West based on the win.....duh. I guess our entire society has gone bonkers, and no one uses common sense anymore to make a decision.

Yoe_09
03-06-2013, 12:33 AM
Argyle got the 6-1 to open up the season. However, West did defeat Argyle, 6-5 on Mar. 2nd. Overall, the two teams seem to be pretty even.

regaleagle
03-06-2013, 02:02 AM
OK, I've been out of pocket in Vegas for a week, so I"ll go for that explanation. Basically, it sounds like whoever has a good night wins. We did use Gooch on the mound in the first meeting....so that may have been a factor.

YTBulldogs
03-06-2013, 06:34 AM
Poll have some teeth to it after first round of district. Injury's and players still getting into shape following basketball still an issue.

Rabid Cougar
03-06-2013, 10:28 AM
Playing tournements and using 4th and 5th pitchers. 1's and 2's being put on short leashes, ( Except for Robinson, blewup their stud going 180 pitches in three games over four days to win their own tournement, now he is done for the year. Yea they are in big trouble.)

hookandladder
03-06-2013, 11:40 AM
Playing tournements and using 4th and 5th pitchers. 1's and 2's being put on short leashes, ( Except for Robinson, blewup their stud going 180 pitches in three games over four days to win their own tournement, now he is done for the year. Yea they are in big trouble.)

Do not tell me it is the Sullivan kid , man that would be a shame for any kid.

YTBulldogs
03-06-2013, 11:57 AM

Yikes. Now that is just wrong by the coach. Too many pitches (180) in a 4 day period IMO. We had one pitcher (Blakeney) this year, pitch more than 3 innings (most going 2 IP) in a game by design. I think they will extend it out this weekend, "if" the arm is ready for the increased work load.

Deuce
03-06-2013, 02:27 PM
Coach should be fired!

Rabid Cougar
03-06-2013, 02:56 PM
Do not tell me it is the Sullivan kid , man that would be a shame for any kid.

Yep.

Rocket Man
03-10-2013, 04:50 AM

Hey Amigo,

Your source for the info on Zach is somewhat inaccurate. It is true he is out indefinitely; however, it was not in our tournament when he took himself off the mound. Nor was it over a 4 day period or 180 pitches.

Here's the timeline:

2/18 - 69 pitches against College Station at home

2/21 - 16 pitches against Cameron in the Cameron/Rockdale tourny

2/23 - 85 pitches against Burnet in the Cameron/Rockdale tourny and it was this game when he took himself off the mound. He has not pitched since.

This is 170 pitches over a 6 day period.

I wanted to clarify the stats because one person already made a negative remark about Coach Kent based on inaccurate info and I don't think he deserved it.

I'm not upset about your post, I just wanted to set the record staight.

Peace to all.

hookandladder
03-10-2013, 08:58 AM
This early in the year I do not think pitchers should throw more then 1 time a week ( 7 Days ) , throw a light BP in that week span. Not questioning his decision but no way in hell I would let my son throw that many pitches this early in the season, the kid has to be able to decided if he is ready to pitch. It is up to the kid to make that decision, knowing the competitive kid he is I am sure he wanted the ball. Just my opinion, not bashing anyone. Good Luck to him , he will bouce back.

Rabid Cougar
03-10-2013, 11:34 AM
Hey Amigo,

Your source for the info on Zach is somewhat inaccurate. It is true he is out indefinitely; however, it was not in our tournament when he took himself off the mound. Nor was it over a 4 day period or 180 pitches.

Here's the timeline:

2/23 - 85 pitches against Burnet in the Cameron/Rockdale tourny and it was this game when he took himself off the mound. He has not pitched since.

I wanted to clarify the stats because one person already made a negative remark about Coach Kent based on inaccurate info and I don't think he deserved it.

Peace to all.

Not a problem. Your source was better than mine, that is all.

refereedoc
03-10-2013, 05:36 PM
Hey Amigo,

Here's the timeline:

Peace to all.

So how many MLB pitchers are going to do that the first month of the season? Those are grown men not 16-18 year old students. Poor judgment on the coaches part IMHO.

hookandladder
03-11-2013, 06:28 AM
Hey Amigo,

Here's the timeline:

Peace to all.

Something else that sometimes is overlooked is fouled off pitches , are you counting them in your pitch count. Also , in three outings he had to do his BP work before each game . Pitch count goes out the roof when you include the amount of pitches he threw in that short period of time.

YTBulldogs
03-11-2013, 01:15 PM
Something else that sometimes is overlooked is fouled off pitches , are you counting them in your pitch count. Also , in three outings he had to do his BP work before each game . Pitch count goes out the roof when you include the amount of pitches he threw in that short period of time.

Hope foul pitches are counted? H&L, I like how you stated, you as a parent, would not allow your son, to pitch that much in such a short period of recoup time. Take that thought out of the coaches hands. Who better cares about a kid than mom or dad. But, I'm willing to bet most parents are not that in tuned to their kids athletic welfare as you either. Or, would step in and prevent something like this from happening.

Also, a true competitor, when asked can he go in a game that is on the line, 99% will say, give me the ball and not even tell the coach his arm, elbow, shoulder is tender from a prior outing. Heck, he want's to be team player and get the "W" for his team that's on the line. That's normal for stud athletes and coaches should not rely totally on what the kid tells him, but--look how much this early in the season he has already thrown, and not even consider him on the bump.

I just hope this special arm can recover and he proceeds in his future that appeared so bright.

Rocket Man
03-11-2013, 09:46 PM

Of course fouled off pitches were counted and no duh on the bullpen.

If you will notice, I did not make a judgment call on the matter. My intention was to correct the information given regarding the stats. As always folks are free to express their opinion, I just wanted them to be able to express an opinion on accurate information.

Peace out.

hookandladder
03-12-2013, 06:16 AM
Of course fouled off pitches were counted and no duh on the bullpen.

If you will notice, I did not make a judgment call on the matter. My intention was to correct the information given regarding the stats. As always folks are free to express their opinion, I just wanted them to be able to express an opinion on accurate information.

Peace out.

I was not questioning your comment's , just adding to what you said. I will be honest , years ago (10 to 15 ) we would have a kid pitch on Thursday of a tournament and if made the championship he would pitch again on Monday. He was definitely on a pitch count but if he was ready and wanted it , he got the ball. Those days are over in my eyes however you still see it at the High School State tournament on some teams, just a decision a kid and coach has to make. I personally will make that one decision for my son, right or wrong I will make it.

Old Tiger
03-12-2013, 07:44 AM
Hey Amigo,

Here's the timeline:

Peace to all.boo that coach!

YTBulldogs
03-13-2013, 12:22 PM
We've beaten 2 of three of the top 25 this past week (Caldwell 6-1 and Sinton 7-0, lost 6-3 to LaGrange). I expect Yoakum to make a top 25 appearance soon. Like H&L said, at this point, the rankings really don't mean nothing. We are playing better, but--still need to shore up some basic stuff (base running, reduce walks) before we can claim we belong on the list.

SintonFan_inAustin
03-15-2013, 09:29 PM
Good win for Yoakum.

Sinton with 3 solid shut down pitchers heading into district. Sinton bats will get going by playoff time, line up has some inexperience so they've been incosistent so far.