PDA

View Full Version : new OC for Decatur

Eagle11
03-03-2013, 08:15 AM
Decatur just hired a new OC, a Coach Lavender. Does anyone know much about him. The boys are saying he has a very fast paced offense.

Matthew328
03-04-2013, 08:44 AM
Decatur just hired a new OC, a Coach Lavender. Does anyone know much about him. The boys are saying he has a very fast paced offense.

Coach Lav and I go way back, he's a great guy...former HC at Wichita Falls, he does run a wide open fast paced offense....his QB's will throw for 600 yards on ya

bobcat1
03-04-2013, 03:14 PM
All them Lavender boys out of Wichita Falls were tougher than boot leather too.

CP3Dad
03-04-2013, 05:47 PM

Great pole vaulter (17'-6") from back in the day...not sure about his coaching.

5wide
03-05-2013, 10:52 AM
Coach Lav and I go way back, he's a great guy...former HC at Wichita Falls, he does run a wide open fast paced offense....his QB's will throw for 600 yards on ya

Not if you don't have one that can throw! Ha

Bullaholic
03-05-2013, 11:14 AM
Not if you don't have one that can throw! Ha

Your QB is an outstanding runner and has a strong arm. Will probably be getting coached on accuracy and reading coverages in the new offense. TCU sees potential in this kid.

5wide
03-05-2013, 04:03 PM
Your QB is an outstanding runner and has a strong arm. Will probably be getting coached on accuracy and reading coverages in the new offense. TCU sees potential in this kid.

Haven't really seen the kid play just read the box scores. Hopefully he's ready for this year.

Eagle11
03-05-2013, 05:32 PM
He spent most of his time running for his life last year. He's being recruited by several SEC and big 12 teams. TCU made him an offer so I think the kid has what it take

regaleagle
03-06-2013, 02:25 AM
Are we talking about Muehlstein??? Was he a soph last season, or a junior? I looked at his stats after about 7 games last season, and they looked good. I didn't see the final tally....what was his total passing yards for the season? Eleven games, I think....or it might have been 12.

5wide
03-06-2013, 07:13 PM
Are we talking about Muehlstein??? Was he a soph last season, or a junior? I looked at his stats after about 7 games last season, and they looked good. I didn't see the final tally....what was his total passing yards for the season? Eleven games, I think....or it might have been 12.

IOU was only 10 games..they didn't make the playoffs last season.

westcoast54
03-07-2013, 12:01 PM

Muehlsteins's daddy was a heck of a football player at Grapevine High Schooll and East Texas State (A&M Commerce).