PDA

View Full Version : First Lady Michelle Obama snubbed at Oscars

Phil C
02-25-2013, 09:41 AM
This was a historical event and no matter what party that was in office it was an insult and snub. The winning producers that included Ben Affleck and George Clooney thanked everyone but they failed to thank the first lady for her participation. What an insulting snub. Shame on you Ben.

This is the biggest snub since John Wayne was snubbed in 1979 (shortly before his death) by the producers of The Deer Hunter. But at least in 1979 Johnny Carson was around to help smooth it over somewhat.

Phil C
02-25-2013, 09:43 AM
Oh and by the way the host Seth McFarlane and some singer sang a song to the oscar losers but it should have been to the viewers like me that sat through a mostly boring evening. I give them credit for effort but unfortunately it was a long drawn out boring night mostly.

Phil C
02-25-2013, 10:17 AM
I'm sure the snub was unintentional but still it was a snubb.

For more oops last night see link below.

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/2013-oscars/andy-griffith-ben-gazzara-richard-dawson-among-those-044912608.html

YTBulldogs
02-25-2013, 10:29 AM
I can see Mrs. O getting a look over, but Andy Griffith?

Phil C
02-26-2013, 11:43 AM
I can see Mrs. O getting a look over, but Andy Griffith?

YT they also left out Phyllis Diller, Sherman Hemsley and Larry Hagman. They mean well but their contribution are now being upstaged by who they leave off rather than who they honor. If they were to watch TCM's tribute that comes out in December they would have more of a complete list. And time limitation is a poor excuse. They went OT on this one because of the many songs and dances they had so surely a couple of minutes extra tribute wouldn't make any difference.