PDA

View Full Version : Herschi vs Stephenville Who wins?

Just curious on what everyone thinks?
We got more depth they got a D1 PG.

My thought it depends on the coaching. I've never seen a coach not put his best players on the floor together. When your leading scorer comes off the bench it's hard to figure it out what going on in that program.

JBulldawg
02-23-2013, 09:42 PM
My thought it depends on the coaching. I've never seen a coach not put his best players on the floor together.

Isn't that contrary to what you have been saying repeatedly about Sville coach?

I got Herschi by 8.

I think he just wants to keep the junior AAU team together for chemistry. Plus the starters have better rebounders with Brice and Juder. There is one very questionable spot that is a mystery to everybody.

ccmom
02-23-2013, 09:48 PM
My thought it depends on the coaching. I've never seen a coach not put his best players on the floor together. When your leading scorer comes off the bench it's hard to figure it out what going on in that program.

Apparently you have seen it a lot because you have been complaining about it all season.

In my opinion we need to play an 8 man rotation to give us the best chance to win. But that's just my opinion that don't mean jack crap.

[QUOTE=ccmom;1738703]Apparently you have seen it a lot because you have been complaining about it all season.

???

This is the best basketball team that will ever come threw Stephenville. 2 years from now we won't be having this conversation. This game is 50/50.

NastySlot
02-23-2013, 11:08 PM
s-ville by double digits

Benchwarmer
02-24-2013, 10:35 AM
Wow ville just wow! You just cant leave things alone and talk out of both sides of your mouth. Just do the rest of us Stephenville fans and parents a favor and go ahead and move your kid to Lingleville. You and that certified crazy nut over there should do real well together. Stephenville was fine before you got here and will be just fine when you leave. You are an embarassment to the whole community so just please be quiet and move on.

bobcat1
02-24-2013, 07:45 PM
Wow ville just wow! You just cant leave things alone and talk out of both sides of your mouth. Just do the rest of us Stephenville fans and parents a favor and go ahead and move your kid to Lingleville. You and that certified crazy nut over there should do real well together. Stephenville was fine before you got here and will be just fine when you leave. You are an embarassment to the whole community so just please be quiet and move on.

I usually don't post on basketball threads but :1popcorn:

Manso/V8
02-24-2013, 09:20 PM
I am starting to feel pity toward Stephenville. Yall are ate up with it, whatever it is.

vtskneb
02-24-2013, 09:24 PM
I am starting to feel pity toward Stephenville. Yall are ate up with it, whatever it is.

Rings

Manso/V8
02-24-2013, 11:31 PM
Rings

Good luck with that in basketball.

I think that's funny. I needed a laugh:) This is a forum if you don't like it then don't read it. Nothing I have said isn't 100% accurate.

Manso/V8
02-25-2013, 12:49 AM
I think that's funny. I needed a laugh:) This is a forum if you don't like it then don't read it. Nothing I have said isn't 100% accurate.

Maybe try getting some sleep.

Tejastrue
02-25-2013, 02:31 AM

Well, there is the fact it is Hirschi not Herschi. Show a little respect Steven-Ville. :D

Benchwarmer
02-25-2013, 05:50 AM

Yeah 100% accurate in your wee little mind. 99.99 % inaccurate to those of us that see the overall picture of what Coach Normand is trying to accomplish.
Ville your fixing to learn a real hard lesson in life if you keep your antics up.

To me that one spot that everybody questions is why he even plays your kid when you make such a total asshat out of yourself on these boards?

Yeah 100% accurate in your wee little mind. 99.99 % inaccurate to those of us that see the overall picture of what Coach Normand is trying to accomplish.
Ville your fixing to learn a real hard lesson in life if you keep your antics up.

To me that one spot that everybody questions is why he even plays your kid when you make such a total asshat out of yourself on these boards?

This is not meant to be about a kid. It's about playing the best team you can put on the floor if you want to win. Just like in football. Like I said either play a 8 man rotation or your going home in my opinion. And it's 50/50. There isn't 99% anything from people whom watch us play. As far as lessons in life I don't think that's accurate. Discussing sports and or strategies on a public forum? You can get away with playing anyone in a weak district do it in the playoffs and you will be watching baseball and track next week. My wee little mind comment and talking about my kid makes me not listen to any of your comments. Obviously you take this overboard because of a personal connection. And you don't agree with an 8 man rotation strategy. Not talking about coaching on here again. Every single word I have said is true either agree or agree to disagree.

Who the certified crazy nut in Lingleville? Seems you like talking bad about people. Look who is the one making the community look bad. Did you get a doctor to certify that person is Crazy? Or is that just another one of your stupid comments.

Just a little FYI. The next round regional Semi is the winner of Fabens 22-10 or Greenwood 19-14.
Neither team is ranked and will be an easier game.

We can beat Wylie or Seminole winner. And we can beat Burkburnett or Kennedale winner. More than likely will be Wylie vs Kennedale. And I'm picking Kennedale to win that game in the regional semi finals.

Benchwarmer
02-25-2013, 10:49 AM
This is not meant to be about a kid. It's about playing the best team you can put on the floor if you want to win. Just like in football. Like I said either play a 8 man rotation or your going home in my opinion. And it's 50/50. There isn't 99% anything from people whom watch us play. As far as lessons in life I don't think that's accurate. Discussing sports and or strategies on a public forum? You can get away with playing anyone in a weak district do it in the playoffs and you will be watching baseball and track next week. My wee little mind comment and talking about my kid makes me not listen to any of your comments. Obviously you take this overboard because of a personal connection. And you don't agree with an 8 man rotation strategy. Not talking about coaching on here again. Every single word I have said is true either agree or agree to disagree.

Nice backtracking. Your whole point here is how great your kid is and how much you disagree with the way the coach is handling the team. If thats not what your trying to do I would advise you to re-read your posts and choose your words a little better. I dont give a rats rear about what you think of strategies and rotations and Im sure no one else here does either. My point is Coach Normand is doing what he thinks is right and its working.Your already on here discussing what he should do when the game hasnt even been played?? I guarantee you Coach Normand is going to do anything within his coaching abiltiy to win every game he coaches whether you like his rotation or strategies or not.

Benchwarmer
02-25-2013, 11:07 AM
[QUOTE=Ville;1738730 Did you get a doctor to certify that person is Crazy? Or is that just another one of your stupid comments.[/QUOTE]

No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night:2thumbsup

Nice backtracking. Your whole point here is how great your kid is and how much you disagree with the way the coach is handling the team. If thats not what your trying to do I would advise you to re-read your posts and choose your words a little better. I dont give a rats rear about what you think of strategies and rotations and Im sure no one else here does either. My point is Coach Normand is doing what he thinks is right and its working.Your already on here discussing what he should do when the game hasnt even been played?? I guarantee you Coach Normand is going to do anything within his coaching abiltiy to win every game he coaches whether you like his rotation or strategies or not.

This has nothing to do with my kid. And I shouldn't have brought up or singled out a particular kid on here. It was not meant to be that way. Obviously not all kids are equal in every sport. And for sure Coach Normand wants to and will do his best to win.
Will we both agree on how he does it? I don't think so. Does that make it wrong? I don't think so.
Hopefully we can win regardless and keep playing just a few more games. If I upset you I apologize for that. That was not my intentions. Lets just sit back and enjoy the ride you never know what might happen. Again I'm sorry for hurting your feelings.

Benchwarmer
02-25-2013, 11:37 AM
This has nothing to do with my kid. And I shouldn't have brought up or singled out a particular kid on here. It was not meant to be that way. Obviously not all kids are equal in every sport. And for sure Coach Normand wants to and will do his best to win.
Will we both agree on how he does it? I don't think so. Does that make it wrong? I don't think so.
Hopefully we can win regardless and keep playing just a few more games. If I upset you I apologize for that. That was not my intentions. Lets just sit back and enjoy the ride you never know what might happen. Again I'm sorry for hurting your feelings.

Fair enough and you didnt hurt my feelings I just feel real strongly about how good a job Coach Normand is doing. These coaches cant get on here and defend themselves because its not the right thing to do and I would be doing the same for any Stephenville coach.

I agree and hope its a long ride. Matter of fact I hope your kid hits one of his hot streaks tommorow night and go's off for 30 plus. This would be a great win for the boys, coaches and entire program.

Ragin Red
02-25-2013, 12:00 PM
I can say that yall better not be looking past Hirschi because Foster is a great player and he will get plenty of points. Can shoot from anywhere and make it and will also do a highlight dunk or two during the game. Good luck and may the best team win.

ccmom
02-26-2013, 08:51 PM
Hirschi leads 42-33. 2 min left in third

ccmom
02-26-2013, 08:57 PM
Hirschi leads 47-34 end of 3

ccmom
02-26-2013, 09:21 PM
Hirschi 70
Sville 45 final

refereedoc
02-26-2013, 09:23 PM
70-45 final. Hirschi must be REAL good.

lv2937
02-26-2013, 09:28 PM
Hirschi leads 42-33. 2 min left in third
Its all the coaches fault

Farmer Fran
02-26-2013, 10:09 PM
Score???

ccmom
02-26-2013, 10:16 PM
It's posted on this thread but it was 70-45 Hirschi.

Bosqueville
02-26-2013, 10:24 PM
Wow!

bearbear78
02-26-2013, 10:26 PM
So your team of "depth" took on one lone point guard tonight? And lost?

bearbear78
02-26-2013, 10:26 PM
s-ville by double digits say again?

NastySlot
02-26-2013, 10:32 PM
say again?

i was wrong.

bearbear78
02-26-2013, 11:02 PM
i was wrong.ehhh , happens to us all man.. Those huskies are pretty tough for sure

Heffelfinger
02-26-2013, 11:23 PM
Crickets chirping.

Benchwarmer
02-26-2013, 11:36 PM
Crickets chirping.

Lol people still drving home. Hats off to Wichita Falls and best of luck the rest of the way. Hats off to Stephenville the boys played hard and never quit. Thank you boys and Coach Normand for a fine season.

JBulldawg
02-27-2013, 09:51 AM
So, was it the coaches fault losing by 25? Were the best players on the floor?

franz
02-27-2013, 09:55 AM
Crickets chirping.

Where is Coondog and his ealier statements?

BwdLion73
02-27-2013, 10:03 AM
I can say that yall better not be looking past Hirschi because Foster is a great player and he will get plenty of points. Can shoot from anywhere and make it and will also do a highlight dunk or two during the game. Good luck and may the best team win.

:thinking:

Coondog
02-27-2013, 10:27 AM
What earlier statement?

ccmom
02-27-2013, 11:19 AM
What earlier statement?

How about this one?

i'll say it again, AW had a better chance to beat us in football than they do in basketball and you saw how the football came out. i know you AW guys were talking this same crap in football. i told you in football i don't think you knew what was coming and you all laughed. mark this down you will NOT beat the ville in basketball the next two years. just for the record the ville has been to the state tournament twice but has never won it. the group that just came out of football will just need a couple of weeks to get their game back.

I'm gonna leave the first part of the statement alone...we all know how that worked out.

But I am confused on the last part...I kept reading this week on various sites that Stephenville had never won a basketball playoff game until this season. However your statement indicates that they had played in two state tourneys.
:confused::confused:

Congrats to Stephenville on a great season.

Farmer Fran
02-27-2013, 11:27 AM
How about this one?

I'm gonna leave the first part of the statement alone...we all know how that worked out.

But I am confused on the last part...I kept reading this week on various sites that Stephenville had never won a basketball playoff game until this season. However your statement indicates that they had played in two state tourneys.
:confused::confused:

Congrats to Stephenville on a great season.

He was probably referring to the honeybees. :)

Grahamerica
02-27-2013, 12:30 PM

JACKSBORO — Stephenville and Hirschi was a good offensive game for one quarter Tuesday night.

The Yellow Jackets are very skilled and had some gifted shooters.

But Hirschi matched up pretty well with its starting five and then dominated with its bench as the No. 8 Huskies scored a 70-45 victory at Jacksboro High School.

Sixth man Torrence Cooper was on his game, scoring 16 points, including 14 in the second half.

And when it was time for a knockout blow, Cooper delivered it. It started on the defensive end, which is where this Region I-3A berth was earned.

Cooper came up the biggest at the end of the third quarter and early in the fourth. With Hirschi up 10 (44-34), Cooper got his hands on a pass and tracked down the loose ball in front of the Stephenville bench. He then took it all the way, adjusting for a defender at the rim and finished with his left hand for a three-point play.

That gave the Huskies a 47-34 lead with eight minutes to go, and Cooper then scored the first seven Hirschi points of the fourth. He had 14 of his 16 points in the final 8:33 of the game.

Marcus Foster had a game-high 24 points, but he was more than happy to see Cooper take charge in that stretch. The Kansas State-bound guard tells his teammate that he’s the “best shooter in the state.”

Cooper missed his first three shots against Stephenville, but he made six of his last seven and all three of his free throws.

“You saw it tonight; he took over the game,” Foster said. “I don’t have to take it over; anybody on this team can, and that makes our team very special.

“I think the way his mentality is coming to practice and working hard every day on his shot makes him good.”

Cooper wasn’t the only bench contributor. Defense without rebounding is worthless and D’Shan Harley put the exclamation points on defensive stops all night with a game-high 12 rebounds, nine on defense. He added eight points on 4-of-5 shooting.

Backup guard LaKarl Williams had three really good minutes at the start of the second quarter when Hirschi took its first lead. He had one basket and two assists in a key spot in the game.

“Our bench could go to a lot of teams and start,” Hirschi coach Donald Hedge said. “These guys are starters, and they sacrifice for us coming off the bench. For those guys to play well today was huge for us, and hopefully they can keep it up.”

Cooper is the team’s second-leading scorer at 9.5 points per game, and this was his second straight Jet Terry impersonation in the playoffs where he has 30 points in two wins.

“That third quarter was too close for us, and we had to get ahead,” Cooper said. “I wasn’t making my shot at first, so I decided I’m going to penetrate. On that steal I was just thinking score this bucket and get us hyped up. We were kind of quiet.”

Well, he woke them up with his left-handed three-point play. And his fourth quarter silenced the other side of the gym.

He said the praise for his coaches and teammates keeps him “motivated and I keep telling myself that I have the confidence, and they’ll keep falling. But I just have to pick up on defense first, and my offense will come, and I go from there.”

From here the Huskies head to Lubbock for the Region I-3A Tournament at Texas Tech. They’re glad to have Marcus Foster and his friends, including Torrance’s twin brother Terrence on the starting five. But they’re not going on an important mission without this very productive bench, that’s for sure.

© 2013 Times Record News.

Manso/V8
02-27-2013, 12:45 PM
Lol people still drving home. Hats off to Wichita Falls and best of luck the rest of the way. Hats off to Stephenville the boys played hard and never quit. Thank you boys and Coach Normand for a fine season.

Must be a really long drive home. I hope everyone is ok.
I am looking forward to the other Stephenville fans' take on the game.

Congrats to the Yellowjackets on a fine season.

refereedoc
02-27-2013, 12:53 PM
Stephenville boys have never been to a regional as far as I know and I have lived here 54 years. We got out played last night. Those guys got on a roll and never looked back the 2 nd half. We had 3 of our players go 1-21 from the field. Not going to win doing that, but hats off to them as they good defense. Good luck to the Huskies the rest of the year.

Coondog
02-27-2013, 01:12 PM
ok i will respond to this in a 2 parts. 1st of all my comments were referring to AW beating us in basketball. i still don't think they can. if they beat Kennadale (a team we beat by 15) and then beat WFH then i am eating crow! i have eat crow before if you are wondering lol i don't like it. the 2nd part i am confused on myself. two weeks ago is the 1st time i had heard about us never winning a playoff game in school history. the program that you buy at the state tournament says the ville has been the state
runner up twice?? in 1922-1923 so i'm not sure on the records there. maybe they have only kept records for so many years back? maybe someone else on here has a better explination. i am happy that our boys made it as far as they did. we ran into a better team than us. in my opinion WFH will be in Austin next week.

NastySlot
02-27-2013, 01:22 PM
ok i will respond to this in a 2 parts. 1st of all my comments were referring to AW beating us in basketball. i still don't think they can. if they beat Kennadale (a team we beat by 15) and then beat WFH then i am eating crow! i have eat crow before if you are wondering lol i don't like it. the 2nd part i am confused on myself. two weeks ago is the 1st time i had heard about us never winning a playoff game in school history. the program that you buy at the state tournament says the ville has been the state
runner up twice?? in 1922-1923 so i'm not sure on the records there. maybe they have only kept records for so many years back? maybe someone else on here has a better explination. i am happy that our boys made it as far as they did. we ran into a better team than us. in my opinion WFH will be in Austin next week.

I thought you all already played and beat Wylie earlier?

Heffelfinger
02-27-2013, 01:45 PM

Uh, Wylie already beat Stephenville.

Farmer Fran
02-27-2013, 02:13 PM
Stephenville has never been to the state tournament!

All the past champions and teams are listed http://www.texasbasketballchamps.com/

Coondog
02-27-2013, 05:17 PM
i'm just going by what the UIL state basketball program says in it. also by looking at the website farmer fran posted it list the boys all tourny team and it has 2 stephenville players on it. 1923 Jess Davis and 1925 McMillan? i will double check my program tonight when i get home. maybe someone else has their old program they can check also.

ccmom
02-27-2013, 05:41 PM

ccmom
02-27-2013, 05:42 PM

Did you hear that at the Whataburger in Early?

Coondog
02-27-2013, 06:26 PM
Ok according to the UIL state championship program page 57 Stephenville has actually been to the state tournament 5 times. 1922,23,24,25",26. The 1925 team was state runner up.

bobcat1
02-27-2013, 08:32 PM
Did they go to Austin by wagon or stage coach back then?

bobcat1
02-27-2013, 08:33 PM
And was the Whataburger in Early open then?

NastySlot
02-27-2013, 09:34 PM
Uh, Wylie already beat Stephenville.

Yeah was just playing around. I saw wylie had won on maxpreps

bwdlionfan
02-28-2013, 07:46 AM
And was the Whataburger in Early open then?

It was, but back then it was called the Whataburger in Brown County. Early didn't incorporate as a community until the late 40s/early 50s

ccmom
03-02-2013, 10:59 PM
Coondog...you choking on the crow yet? Woohoo!!

slingshot
03-03-2013, 02:06 AM
...AW beating us in basketball. i still don't think they can. if they beat Kennadale (a team we beat by 15) and then beat WFH (Hirshi) then i am eating crow!
...in my opinion WFH will be in Austin next week.Still think that? We would have beat you by 20+...

BwdLion73
03-03-2013, 08:59 AM
Congrats to the Bulldogs, I watched the highlights last night and it looked like a barn burner.

Coondog
03-03-2013, 10:30 AM
I'm here, I'm not choking but it doesn't taste good. Can you take the feathers off for me? Congratulations!! All I can say is you must have great coaching. I know they had more talent. Being the winner of Region 1 I will now be cheering for you next week at the state tournament. Go luck and beat Yates!!

ccmom
03-03-2013, 10:56 AM
I'm here, I'm not choking but it doesn't taste good. Can you take the feathers off for me? Congratulations!! All I can say is you must have great coaching. I know they had more talent. Being the winner of Region 1 I will now be cheering for you next week at the state tournament. Go luck and beat Yates!!

:clap: :clap:

Manso/V8
03-03-2013, 11:28 AM
Where is Ville and vtskneb? Are they still driving home? That sure must be a long drive.

NastySlot
03-03-2013, 03:13 PM
Where is Ville and vtskneb? Are they still driving home? That sure must be a long drive.

maybe AAU tourney?

Heffelfinger
03-03-2013, 07:02 PM

crickets chirping

Heffelfinger
03-03-2013, 07:04 PM
"All I can say is you must have great coaching."

maybe more athletic, but not better athletes

vtskneb
03-03-2013, 10:04 PM

You will have to point out where I was talking smack about basketball. You come on this board talking smack about kids from Stephenville and you think I owe you something? Who's hometown team is on the home page of this website? I forget.

Manso/V8
03-03-2013, 11:05 PM
You will have to point out where I was talking smack about basketball. You come on this board talking smack about kids from Stephenville and you think I owe you something? Who's hometown team is on the home page of this website? I forget.

I just like to interact with cocky people, and there is an abundance up your way!

Cam
03-04-2013, 02:06 PM
:1popcorn:

vtskneb
03-04-2013, 03:29 PM
I just like to interact with cocky people, and there is an abundance up your way!

Just keep backing up and remind me when the last time this site honored the other sports in 3A on the front page. Scoreboard. That is for you Manso. You keep calling kids out on a message board. We all have to have a passion in life. Some are just sadder than others.

Farmer Fran
03-04-2013, 05:27 PM
Just keep backing up and remind me when the last time this site honored the other sports in 3A on the front page. Scoreboard. That is for you Manso. You keep calling kids out on a message board. We all have to have a passion in life. Some are just sadder than others.Nobody cares whose picture is on the front of a message board. Sville got beat like a red headed stepchild, and some Sville peeps try to turn it around and say 'scoreboard' we won state in football. Typical!!!

bobcat1
03-04-2013, 08:31 PM
Nobody cares whose picture is on the front of a message board. Sville got beat like a red headed stepchild, and some Sville peeps try to turn it around and say 'scoreboard' we won state in football. Typical!!!

I thought it was a good answer but then again I could care less about Gym Rats. :p

Manso/V8
03-05-2013, 01:08 AM
Just keep backing up and remind me when the last time this site honored the other sports in 3A on the front page. Scoreboard. That is for you Manso. You keep calling kids out on a message board. We all have to have a passion in life. Some are just sadder than others.

So.......you are tapping me on the shoulder and pointing at the scoreboard?
I am not backing up. Flat out honest truth....no matter what level of success Stephenville has, I find yall very entertaining.
You said you were focused on "Rings" on a basketball thread, and Ville had some hilarious posts about what the coach was doing wrong.
I am disappointed yall are out of the basketball playoffs because the entertainment has ended.
When the Stephenville posters burst on to the scene last summer or so, it was like a posse of Rockets.
Hilarious.

slingshot
03-05-2013, 01:27 PM
"Posse of Rockets"... now that is funny!

So.......you are tapping me on the shoulder and pointing at the scoreboard?
I am not backing up. Flat out honest truth....no matter what level of success Stephenville has, I find yall very entertaining.
You said you were focused on "Rings" on a basketball thread, and Ville had some hilarious posts about what the coach was doing wrong.
I am disappointed yall are out of the basketball playoffs because the entertainment has ended.
When the Stephenville posters burst on to the scene last summer or so, it was like a posse of Rockets.
Hilarious.

If anyone actually knew what the real deal was

BwdLion73
03-08-2013, 07:05 PM
If anyone actually knew what the real deal was with almost all players and most parents thoughts from the Varsity basketball team:)

I see you removed the throw up and laugh part. I don't want to throw up but I would like to laugh. What was the real deal?

Manso/V8
03-09-2013, 11:50 PM
If anyone actually knew what the real deal was

Basketball rarely seems to turn out like it should or could, or at least how we think it should or could.
Stephenville had a pretty good season overall.