PDA

View Full Version : Wimberley Ace Hardware disaster

Tejastrue
02-23-2013, 01:28 PM
Burned almost to the ground last night. No word as to the cause yet. This is a big deal here in Wimberleyland. The store is an icon. Just loved the place and bought most of my hardware needs from this store. Great family atmosphere. My first thought was about the people suddenly out of work. Prayers go out to all of them.

Diocletian
02-23-2013, 11:50 PM
It's sad to hear what's happening to all the Ace Hardware stores around Texas. They are dropping like flies. I love going in them, myself. I prefer them to the larger stores.

I hope there is no foul play in this catastrophe. With most of them going bankrupt..you know the Insurance Co is going to be looking quite long at this claim.

Tejastrue
02-24-2013, 03:22 PM
I hear you. This Ace however thrived in Wimberley. The nearest Home Depot or Lowes is about 15 miles away. To me it was like the 'Cheers' of hardware stores. The owner and his family live here and support the community. A few years back they opened another store in Canyon Lake. There is a Cragg's that moved into the area a few miles away and I honestly don't know how they've remained afloat. Hardly ever see any cars in the parking lot. I sure hope the Ace owner decides to rebuild and they come back bigger and better than ever. I miss the place already.