PDA

View Full Version : Mack Brown installs new offense: Part 3

Weebe
02-21-2013, 02:09 PM
http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/02/20/4632804/texas-opens-spring-football-drills.html

Is he planning to do this every year? I almost feel sorry for his players.

ogg
02-21-2013, 02:20 PM
http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/02/20/4632804/texas-opens-spring-football-drills.html

That's stupid, why would you think that?

ethsfbnut
02-21-2013, 02:38 PM

Sounds ok to me. Got to do something. They will be pretty young and they need some kind of kick in the butt.

Was not impressed with Harsin`s (sp) offense. Remember last year discussing with freind, how when "whoever" came in you tell what they were running. And too many bs plays.

Maybe Major can get it done.

Weebe
02-21-2013, 02:57 PM
That's because it wasn't Harsin's offense. Mack decided last offseason that he wanted to go to "an SEC style" offense.

Weebe
02-21-2013, 02:58 PM
Sounds ok to me. Got to do something. They will be pretty young and they need some kind of kick in the butt.

They have been young for 5 years now. It's called poor evaluation.

Sville
02-21-2013, 04:59 PM
They will have a different offense again next year. UT will be mediocre again and it will cost Mack his job this go around.

SHSBulldog00
02-21-2013, 06:35 PM

:iagree:

Old Tiger
02-21-2013, 06:37 PM
It's not poor evaluation it's poor coaching once they get there

gatordaze
02-21-2013, 07:12 PM

If it is poor evaluation then its nationwide. Texas recruits all had offers from the who's who in college football and Texas was not the first to offer any of them.

Weebe
02-22-2013, 08:28 AM

I think it is likely a combination of both. I think their QB evaluations have been poor.

But everybody was in line for their RB's.

DKfromDUB
02-22-2013, 08:57 AM

:iagree:

ethsfbnut
02-22-2013, 09:01 AM
Agree with about everything said. Does look like Mack`s making a last gasp effort to save his a$$. Might work. Might not.

Should know after 2 or 3 games, then the debate is on. Keep him or lynch(sp) him.

hookandladder
02-22-2013, 11:02 AM
Do not think the type of offense will matter, their QB's are the problem.

Old Tiger
02-22-2013, 11:37 AM
I think it is likely a combination of both. I think their QB evaluations have been poor.

But everybody was in line for their RB's.

Refer to what gatordaze said

Agree with about everything said. Does look like Mack`s making a last gasp effort to save his a$$. Might work. Might not.

Should know after 2 or 3 games, then the debate is on. Keep him or lynch(sp) him.

IMO we won't know till OU weekend. Texas should beat OU by at least 10 points considering what all they lost offensive and defensively. If Texas loses to OU Mack ought to be fired. IMO the Big 12 race is Texas/TCU.

Spanish Camp
02-22-2013, 07:16 PM
Texas will look back on this year as the year they set their program back a decade. They should have pulled the trigger on Mack and probably Dodds.

You can't jump into an offense without having the kids on campus to run it. Look at when they went from a short passing & read option team to a power running them in the matter of an offseason.--- their offensive linemen were dancing bears recruited to pass block and work from a two point stance 85% of the time....then they tried to make them into kids wo one off the ball and mash people. Didn't work.

Ash is no good. Their up tempo offense will make their 3 and outs much quicker.

Txbroadcaster
02-23-2013, 12:57 AM
Texas will look back on this year as the year they set their program back a decade. They should have pulled the trigger on Mack and probably Dodds.

You can't jump into an offense without having the kids on campus to run it. Look at when they went from a short passing & read option team to a power running them in the matter of an offseason.--- their offensive linemen were dancing bears recruited to pass block and work from a two point stance 85% of the time....then they tried to make them into kids wo one off the ball and mash people. Didn't work.

Ash is no good. Their up tempo offense will make their 3 and outs much quicker.

Do not understand the hate on Ash( not saying you are hating but in general)...is he alone going to win them a NC, no but he is a solid QB that can win some games and last year he was actually pretty good most of the year.

Tejastrue
02-23-2013, 01:13 AM
Do not understand the hate on Ash( not saying you are hating but in general)...is he alone going to win them a NC, no but he is a solid QB that can win some games and last year he was actually pretty good most of the year.

Ash will be the answer at QB for now ...but the rest is still to come...I 'm sayin they will win the Big 12 this fall! Anything else will be icing on the cake!